collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lol, Annoying Pony! The new name for G4 Bubble/Ditzy.  (Read 8844 times)

Cherry_Sunset

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lol, Annoying Pony! The new name for G4 Bubble/Ditzy.
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 07:46:45 PM »
Oh, if it was supposed to be a joke or a playful stab at the drama, I guess I can lighten up a little. I just got kind of upset at first because I thought that maybe you guys were tired with her and didn't like her anymore  :blush:
I'm so sorry for that  :redface:

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 07:47:12 PM »
Yeah, I guess that's true.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 07:50:24 PM »
Can't get tired of that Pegasus.  Too cute.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 08:30:06 PM »
I don't like this one as much, it just doesn't fit as well. My vote would have been for She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named (although I guess it's not too original.) The fact that there's a name filter at all, though, both pleases and amuses me :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Tupin

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
Seriously? I cannot believe that this forum censors her name. I just do not think it is right at all. People tell me I can call her whatever I want, but don't let me call her by the name I want to use. She's talked about so much because she's popular and a fan favorite character. Censoring her name because "you're sick of seeing it" makes about as much sense as censoring the name of the mane six or characters like Minty.  :huh:

I personally never, ever call her anything other than what is censored here. I'd honestly rather her remain nameless than be addressed in the show again as anything else. She's a "Where's Waldo?" type character in canon and is still very popular with fans. That won't go away for a long time. I just don't think the name the creator of the series, the storyboarders/animators, writers, VAs, and a majority of the fans all use should be censored because people talking about her is "annoying," but that's just me.

I also find the reaction of people who find this hilarious disheartening. Whatever happened to liking all of the ponies?

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »
I don't like this one as much, it just doesn't fit as well. My vote would have been for She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named (although I guess it's not too original.) The fact that there's a name filter at all, though, both pleases and amuses me :)

Maybe not original but most definitely accurate since Hasbro seems to be going to some lengths to not officially name her.

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 08:55:22 PM »
Seriously? I cannot believe that this forum censors her name. I just do not think it is right at all. People tell me I can call her whatever I want, but don't let me call her by the name I want to use. She's talked about so much because she's popular and a fan favorite character. Censoring her name because "you're sick of seeing it" makes about as much sense as censoring the name of the mane six or characters like Minty.  :huh:

It's not because she's appearing everywhere. It's because topics about her and her name tend to bring out the argumentative in people, and the drama gets to be too much to handle. It's not a reflection on the forum's, mods' or admins' opinions on her name and what she should be called, it's that there's too much drama surrounding it, which they're trying to cull.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »
Is it possible that the filter causes more drama than the name...? It rally seems to cause its own controversy. :(

kmlv23

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 09:08:01 PM »
Ugh. Obnoxious. Cute, but obnoxious. Hate to rain on the parade, but besides the whole 'pc' argument her fan name isn't bad.

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 09:35:20 PM »
Annoying Pony

Oh god LOL *tries new filter*

EDIT: LOLOLOL THIS IS PERFECT. I WAS SICK OF HEARING ABOUT THE WALL-EYED PONY.

Post Merge: December 01, 2012, 09:38:35 PM

Maybe not original but most definitely accurate since Hasbro seems to be going to some lengths to not officially name her.

Hasbro's official name was Ditzy Doo. In Winter Wrap-up, one of the ponies said she was bringing the southern birds east instead of south. Winter wrap-up was one of the first episodes wasn't it?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:38:35 PM by Spike »

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 09:50:05 PM »
Wow. -_- God forbid we use a fandom name!

Completely agree! I wish everyone would accept what people decide to call her. I can't stand not being able to call her what I want because people will cause drama over it :mad:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:52:20 PM by PiexLover »
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Tupin

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 09:56:05 PM »

She later said that she completely replaced the concept "Ditzy Doo" with the character fans pointed out, and every single episode from Feeling Pinkie Keen on had explicit references to her fan created name in the script and storyboard.

For example, here is a storyboard from Luna Eclipsed:

Ask anyone who works on the show now and they will call that pony by the name Faust adopted for her. "Ditzy Doo" was never, ever her name, this pony was completely different. It was due to fan response that they decided to just give the fan noticed character the role "Ditzy Doo" was supposed to have instead.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:01:56 PM by Tupin »

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »
:muffin: Pony :muffin: Pony :muffin: Pony!!

Haha. I think it's funny, though why did it change? I just thought it was "Some Pony" before.

Honestly, it was changed due to drama. Why not just not bother with drama, call her what you want elsewhere?
Thing is, the fandom name CAN be offensive to some, and I think the mods just want to avoid that. They have lives outside of the forum to not have to bother with silly drama.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 10:07:30 PM »
Wow. -_- God forbid we use a fandom name!

If its :muffin: Pony that's being filtered, it was filtered before. And its not bad because its a "fandom name", its an insult that a lot of people don't like and find offensive. Every time that "name" comes it it causes fights and arguments.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 10:09:41 PM »
*sighs* Why are people making a BIG DEAL out of the filter? Don't you guys know making a big negitive deal about it is what causes half the drama and makes even coming to the site unpleasant at times. People making a big deal about the filter is partly why I stopped coming to the coral for a while :/

Edit: Granted, members can call her whatever they want... but still... don't make a fuss about it
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:13:35 PM by sd_dreamcrystal »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal