collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bubblecup/Ditzy Doo/SDCC Pony Re-release?  (Read 14371 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Bubblecup Re-release?
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 09:18:53 PM »
I just want topic titles to be clear so we know what is in them.
Bubblecup usually means a G3 pony, so specificication on what the topic contains helps, like adding SDCC to the title, or G4, or Fashion Style, or just the G4 icon. :/
Unless things have changed, Bubblecup is a pretty common name for this G4 (at least here). I've also never seen the G3 Bubblecup talked about, especially in topic titles, unless people are explaining why this pony is called Bubblecup by some. And why would a G3, especially one so random, get a re-release? That doesn't make sense.

Different gens share multiple names and some titles will always be vague, why is this any different? Literally immediately upon clicking the topic you'd see its G4 and can easily click back or close the window/tab if you don't like G4.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 09:28:01 PM »
Bubblecup usually means a G3 pony, so specificication on what the topic contains helps, like adding SDCC to the title, or G4, or Fashion Style, or just the G4 icon. :/
Unless things have changed, Bubblecup is a pretty common name for this G4 (at least here). I've also never seen the G3 Bubblecup talked about, especially in topic titles, unless people are explaining why this pony is called Bubblecup by some. And why would a G3, especially one so random, get a re-release? That doesn't make sense.

Different gens share multiple names and some titles will always be vague, why is this any different? Literally immediately upon clicking the topic you'd see its G4 and can easily click back or close the window/tab if you don't like G4.
bubblecup is probably the least used name for this pony. I've barely seen it used. It's just so that people don't get confused.

Pinecone

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »
I can't put in the G4 logo because of popup blockers. I can try to change the title, though.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Bubblecup/Ditzy Doo/SDCC Pony Re-release?
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012, 09:42:55 PM »

bubblecup is probably the least used name for this pony. I've barely seen it used. It's just so that people don't get confused.
When there was still a filter on the offensive name, I distinctly recall Bubblecup being pretty popular here on the Arena. I saw it used more than stuff like :muffin: Pony to get around the filter, but I don't go into the FiM section.

BerryPunch

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 09:48:28 PM »

When there was still a filter on the offensive name, I distinctly recall Bubblecup being pretty popular here on the Arena. I saw it used more than stuff like :muffin: Pony to get around the filter, but I don't go into the FiM section.
Hey hey hey let's not start an argument on this. But don't try to force me to agree that it's offensive when I don't think that. K? It seems as though you are trying to make it out as a fact in that sentence, not an opinion.

K? All is well. No need to get upset over a vinyl pony's name.
 ^.^

Also, I like how the title has all BUT :muffin: Pony in it now.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 09:52:01 PM by BerryPunch »

Pinecone

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 09:53:14 PM »
I figure that's enough for people to ID the pony, and if not, she's right there in the picture, ponying around.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 10:01:24 PM »
This is a reminder to keep this on topic. This is not to become a debate on the name of the pony in question Thanks!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 10:03:30 PM »
Thank you OL1.

I wouldn't mind her being released in normal size, but I'd feel bad for everyone that had to pay lots in time and money to get the exclusive, if they just realeased more in the FS size.

BerryPunch

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2012, 10:03:52 PM »
I figure that's enough for people to ID the pony, and if not, she's right there in the picture, ponying around.
Lol that made my day.

The pony is ponying around.

This is a reminder to keep this on topic. This is not to become a debate on the name of the pony in question Thanks!
How'd I know this was gonna come? XD

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2012, 10:37:46 PM »
maybe they are normal sized? but they look like stylin ponies

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

momo_no_hime

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2012, 10:51:03 PM »
I want them to be called Small Treasure Horses from now on.

I had to pop in to say that I second this motion! :lol:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2012, 11:01:51 PM »
I want them to be called Small Treasure Horses from now on.

. . . I like it!  :D
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2012, 12:16:13 AM »
I want white FS Celestia to be released so bad! I hate how Hasbro teases us.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2012, 01:58:20 AM »
Actually, I think that the name debate is actually quite on topic here :P why? Well, because if she does get a regular release, Hasbro will have to finally put their foot down and give her an official name, which they so cunningly avoided by making her a con exclusive.
This is the main reason why I think she won't get such a release as it just seems that whatever they come up with, there will be controversy.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

popyduggan

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2012, 06:06:40 AM »
They'd be dumb not to, so many would get bought. That would be a heck of a surprise if she was the third pony in the next FS wave, that would be like the NWO at Bash At The Beach '96 all over again.

I hope they go with Bubble-something or Ditzy Doo for a FS/$5 brushable and keep the eyes straight so people can leave their Lily Blossoms be and we can get past the taboo.

Also, I don't agree with the whole collector argument of "I paid $120 to a scalper and it's not fair for people to get it for msrp.".

The value was $19.99, and resellers and desperate buyers worked together on the secondary market make it worth an obscene value and it shouldn't be Hasbro's responsibility to protect anyone's long-term toy investments imo. If the msrp was $120, then they released the same thing for $15 30 days later I'd understand the backlash. 

I just hope everybody gets what they want w/out having to be at the mercy of the secondary market because that just stinks. That reminds me, where's Applejack in that picture? I've thinking about contacting Mott's to get a "missing" ad on every bottle of apple juice to campaign for her re-release.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:35:01 AM by popyduggan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal