collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New blind bags popping up on Ebay! When can we expect them?  (Read 7489 times)

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New blind bags popping up on Ebay! When can we expect them?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 04:55:47 PM »
I like the transparent look. I wish we got more bag variety here.  And remember, crystal empire and this is a toyline for kids, not bronies.

I really hope there won't be a lot of backlash and anger over the little candy pony toy.

Poor Fluttershy. They can't make her a new mold but they make new ones for the Wonderbolts.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »
I can't wait for these to appear in stores! I NEED that Applejack ~ Squee~ So exciting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 06:46:59 PM »
Oh sweet! Can't wait to see these in stores! :)

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 07:53:55 PM »
Yay, but I still need the yellow/wave 5, darker purple/wave 6 and now light bluish grey/wave 7. Must track them all down. Hope someone figures out the names and numbers soon. Love new blind bag even of it is hard keeping up with getting all of them. It is also fun.

Reverend Strone

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 07:56:32 PM »
It's because of the Crystal Ponies that look translucent.

So the Wonderbolts were Crystal Ponies huh?  That argument makes no sense.  If it were the new crystal characters that were translucent then it would make sense, but these are just annoying.  Why release a toy of a character that looks normal in the show only as an inaccurate gimmicky translucent toy?  Ugh.  Oh well, money saved at least. 

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 07:58:11 PM »
wow, Holly Dash is the OC of one of the people who worked on the show...can't believe hasbro took her design and name. o.o
these are really pretty tho, can't wait!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Pinecone

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2012, 08:05:39 PM »
When they put the characters in the show, they release them to Hasbro.

I swear Sibsy or someone posted about this...somewhere, but it might be hard to dig up.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 08:41:17 PM »
Whyyyyy are all the boys white with black hair? ;~; Waaaah they sadden me D; But I still want them!! And the Wonderbolts :> I agree Barber Groomsby must be MINE! xD
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

BerryPunch

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2012, 09:04:10 PM »
I like the transparent look. I wish we got more bag variety here.  And remember, crystal empire and this is a toyline for kids, not bronies.

I really hope there won't be a lot of backlash and anger over the little candy pony toy.

Poor Fluttershy. They can't make her a new mold but they make new ones for the Wonderbolts.
Nah, everyone seems to be fine about Bonbon. I could actually see it being her real name. My headcanon for :muffin: Pony is that her real name is Ditzy Doo and :muffin: Pony's just a nickname. Sweetie "Bonbon" Drops.  ;) The ones I'm looking forward to the most though is Apple Fritter (her eyes are so cute!) and Holly Dash, an ex OC.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2012, 09:15:49 PM »
wow, Holly Dash is the OC of one of the people who worked on the show...can't believe hasbro took her design and name. o.o

Wow, how awesome that she now has her own toy version!  :D   I remember seeing Holly Dash--running by as a background pony in one of the "OMG panic" scenes, ha ha!

I like the translucent-ness.  Who cares if it isn't present in the show?   The show and the toys don't have to match exactly.  Man, you should've seen the G1 Transformers toys.  Almost none of them looked like their show versions in robot mode.  They even replaced Spike Witwicky with "Buster Witwicky" in the TF comic, IIRC . . . But so what?  The toys were fun, the show was fun, and the comics were fun.  Different appearances/continuity didn't "ruin" them.

Not everything has to match exactly, or fit into one big continuity.  Use your imagination and come up with your own explanation for why the ponies are translucent.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2012, 09:19:16 PM »

Wow, how awesome that she now has her own toy version!  :D   I remember seeing Holly Dash--running by as a background pony in one of the "OMG panic" scenes, ha ha!

I like the translucent-ness.  Who cares if it isn't present in the show?   The show and the toys don't have to match exactly.  Man, you should've seen the G1 Transformers toys.  Almost none of them looked like their show versions in robot mode.  They even replaced Spike Witwicky with "Buster Witwicky" in the TF comic, IIRC . . . But so what?  The toys were fun, the show was fun, and the comics were fun.  Different appearances/continuity didn't "ruin" them.

Not everything has to match exactly, or fit into one big continuity.  Use your imagination and come up with your own explanation for why the ponies are translucent.

This this this! My thoughts exactly!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

BerryPunch

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 09:26:22 PM »
You know what. I agree with you guys now. I like translucent ponies.   :satisfied:

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2012, 10:23:53 PM »
I like Bonbon's name as Sweetie Drops! I wouldn't mind either way.. They are cool and I hope we start seeing them in stores in Australia!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 12:30:30 PM »
:like: LadyMoondancer :) I completely agree!

I love that we have official Hasbro names for these characters - mind you as she has similar symbols I wouldnt have objected to Bon Bon being Bon Bon as per her G1 incarnation but I so like Sweetie Drops as well so I guess for me thats her name...in fact I love most of the new names and I love the transparent ponies!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »
I don't mind getting official names--ultimately I will call the pony whatever I feel like anyway, so . . .  :biggrin:

That said, I think "Sweetie Drops" is pretty awful.  Not because of a feeling like "OMG HOW DARE YOU NOT MARKET HER AS BONBON" or anything like that, but just because it just seems kind of generically uninspired.  To be honest I feel that way about a lot of post-G1 names.

But it could be worse.  At least she is not "Blushie".
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal