collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hot Topic finds: Not sure how to feel  (Read 7374 times)

Papelilla

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Hot Topic finds: Not sure how to feel
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »
I am deeply troubled by MLP underwear.  That just is so, so wrong.
I feel the same. :(

Ugh, same here.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 08:03:05 PM »
Why is My Little Pony underwear wrong?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Papelilla

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 08:04:51 PM »
LOL  I guess I did not know there is negative stuff linked to bronies , I call myself one  but I'm neither white or young ,I do not collect plushies or blind bags or merch with Brony on it .
I love the MLP FIM show and the  toys ,but I do like the other Generations and their shows as well :)
I'm a fan and a collector ,is how i see myself :)

do i need to change my screen name?
JK!

Nah, you're pretty cool.  Don't worry :)

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 08:06:04 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with underwear. It's no different than Hello Kitty.. *shrug*

I do however get peeved when they slap brony on everything. I am not a brony.. that is an entire different fan base. I am simply a collector of MLP. I wish there was more merch for adults that wasn't based around FiM and bronies. I want some G3 and G2 shirts and accessories.  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 08:08:27 PM »
I wish we had a HT in my country. 

Papelilla

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »

It's ok for the target demographic (like Karrie said, it's just like hello kitty and other cute things) but I have seen some rather nasty comments from some bronies regarding "pony underwear." :(

:sad:

It gets out of control, sometimes.

Ugh, I know not all of them are like that, but, even when they joke about it, it makes me depressed...

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 08:15:43 PM »
Oh. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Yes, I can understand. Even during G3 I was sad they didn't make pony undies!  I mean, you could get Wonder Woman or Superman or any other character it seemed.

But nevermind..now I get it.

I also am very disillusioned over the "Brony" merchandising.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2012, 08:17:54 PM »
I feel the same way as you - I'm thrilled about all the new merch, but it's pretty one-note. Brony this, Brony that; I don't need to be head-to-toe Brony, Hot Topic!! :P I can wear pants with something OTHER than Brony or Rainbow Dash on it!!! And don't get me started on that "20% cooler in 10 seconds flat" nonsense...
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2012, 08:25:55 PM »
I'm excited for the LUNA IS BEST PRINCESS shirt on Hot Topic site though..

Offline Pony Adventures

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • IRL Pony Adventures
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2012, 09:03:11 PM »
I don't mind that Hasbro is cashing in on its adult fanbase, but why does everything have to scream "brony"?

ehh. It's a case of marketers thinking the straight white male's dollar is worth just a bit more than everyone else's. Regardless of how many of those terms actually apply to someone in the fanbase. But it's a very sought after demographic.

You are perfect. There is too much truth in this statement and it makes me really sad. I too wish they would have more merch that didn't scream "BRONY!!!!!!!!1!" right in your ear.

Thank you for letting me know that your male customer base is more important than your female one, even though collectors have largely been female in MLP history. Thanks Hasbro.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2012, 09:10:54 PM »

Yeah, I gotta agree.  I mean, little kids have their cute MLP undies.  I'd LOVE to have a pair of MLP undies for mahself!

*ETA*
Ah, I just read an above comment about comments regarding the underwear, and I can understand the hesitation.  Still...it ain't stopping me from going to HT tomorrow to pick me up a pair of awesome pony undies! 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 09:13:50 PM by Pinkie21 »

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2012, 10:43:57 PM »
If you don't want socks that say brony on them, there are "mix-and-match" FiM ones at Spencers.  I bought 2 sets to have a matching pair of each one.  There was Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo and Applebloom in the set.  The lounge pants are awesome!  I bought them locally a few weeks back.  The only thing I wasn't too fond of was the fact that they are "men's" style with the slot in the front lol.  It just really proves that they don't really see women as a major marketing segment.  I have to agree that they don't need to put brony on everything.  It's ok on some stuff, obviously for the bronies but a little more for the rest of us.  I am really just excited that there is adult merchandise.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, 11:04:57 PM »
Might have to go check these out. I need some more fun socks.

DerbyGirl

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 06:59:05 AM »

Yeah, I gotta agree.  I mean, little kids have their cute MLP undies.  I'd LOVE to have a pair of MLP undies for mahself!

*ETA*
Ah, I just read an above comment about comments regarding the underwear, and I can understand the hesitation.  Still...it ain't stopping me from going to HT tomorrow to pick me up a pair of awesome pony undies!

Same here. I know there's a lot of bad brony talk out there about those undies, but I'll still be getting them. I gotta have anything and everything that has Ditzy Doo on it. xD

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 07:03:10 AM »
Where can you get the undies and what sizes do they have? I mean where can you find them in the store because they're not on the Hot Topic.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal