collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hot Topic finds: Not sure how to feel  (Read 7417 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Topic finds: Not sure how to feel
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2012, 10:04:41 AM »
.  The only thing I wasn't too fond of was the fact that they are "men's" style with the slot in the front lol. 

Wait...wait, what? Are you serious?? Okay, now I'm annoyed. Is that seriously necessary? Men wear pajama pants that are sewn just like normal pants ( my mom sometimes buys them for my sister), so WHY would they make these pants, with freaking ponies on them, so gender inclusive? I know it's easy to just sew it up, but seriously, I've passed up on other pants and boxers I've liked more because I don't want to wear mens underwear, and now I'm seriously ticked these pants are made so clearly for men and not unisex.

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 10:37:22 AM »
I do like all the black colored stuff, though. I so want those pants. I LOVE lounge-y pants  :silly:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 11:48:26 AM »
.  The only thing I wasn't too fond of was the fact that they are "men's" style with the slot in the front lol. 

Wait...wait, what? Are you serious?? Okay, now I'm annoyed. Is that seriously necessary? Men wear pajama pants that are sewn just like normal pants ( my mom sometimes buys them for my sister), so WHY would they make these pants, with freaking ponies on them, so gender inclusive? I know it's easy to just sew it up, but seriously, I've passed up on other pants and boxers I've liked more because I don't want to wear mens underwear, and now I'm seriously ticked these pants are made so clearly for men and not unisex.

Yeah, that was what I thought when I put them on.  They are cute otherwise and comfy. 

On another note, is it bad that I have been into Hot Topic so much in the last few weeks that 3 of their main workers recognize me before I even get into the store and automatically tell me what new pony stuff they have gotten in lol?  I even got the gala cutouts for free without a purchase since I had purchased so much stuff the previous weeks.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »
Once of the guy cashiers at my Hot Topic is one of those middle guys. He's a fan of the new stuff but he helps his sister collect and is into all sorts of stuff like Transformers and Doctor Who. Great conversations with that guy.

BerryPunch

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 12:15:56 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't give two flying hoots about the "slot" in the front. Guy pants feel exactly the same as girls. It's more making it unisex than anything

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 12:35:36 PM »
I'm also disappointed in everything that has to say "brony" all over. I mean, isn't wearing something with a pony on it enough to proclaim that you like FiM? I don't need or want my MLP things to say "collector" or "MLP fan" on them...
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline InkyMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 12:45:58 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't give two flying hoots about the "slot" in the front. Guy pants feel exactly the same as girls. It's more making it unisex than anything

It just pisses me off because its an item that can so easily be totally unisex, yet the design they chose is very clearly for men. Wallets and wristbands, sure they say brony, but both men and women are intended to use them. But pants with those designs are very obviously for MEN and not meant to be unisex, and it just makes me very uncomfortable wearing pants/boxers that are meant for men. Shirts are no problem because they are still essentially unisex, just with a different cut, but pants like that are sewn that way for a specific reason and obviously not meant to be worn by women. If they made the same same pants for women, and kept the men pants as they are fine, but I'm just really ticked off that the one item I find that DOESN'T say brony on it is still so very clearly made for men. I've found more clothing made for adult women in the Ninja Turtles fandom (which is obviously geared toward males) than I have for freaking ponies, and I think that's just pretty ridiculous.

BerryPunch

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »
Meh, I'd wear them anyway. They can't be that different.

Offline InkyMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 12:53:33 PM »
Meh, I'd wear them anyway. They can't be that different.

They're not really, it just makes me uncomfortable to wear them as a personal preference. I mostly think it's stupid since not all mens' pajama pants have that extra flap in the first place, they can wear "normal" pants, so I don't know why they just didn't go with something more unisex.

BerryPunch

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »
And that's a ok!  ^.^

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2012, 01:53:46 PM »
Meh, I wear boxers sometimes they were clearly made for men. I don't really care since I only wear them around the house.

I don't really consider myself a Brony since it's a community driven term, and Bronies like MLP for different reasons than most of us collectors here do. It's nice they are getting their own merch, but I do think we--as collectors--are getting the short end of the stick right now though because of the lack of variety in brushable ponies that makes us pony collectors in the first place.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2012, 03:11:36 PM »
I'm sure there was women's underwear with the G1 art on it a couple of years back in Primark. Why I did not buy that I don't know. *shakes head* So there has been MLP underwear for girls as well as boys.

I just looked at those 'lounge pants' (disturbing term, what does that even mean?!) and I don't really like them. I'm disappointed because I love RD, but they're just a bit odd. Like the toe socks though!

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2012, 03:27:01 PM »
I know exactly how you feel.  I'm all for MLP having an extended fan base and I'm happy that lots of them are guys but when I go to places like Hot Topic and get excited to see pony stuff it's all brony fan based.  They have retro rainbow brite and retro stuff to appeal to the 80's kids but why can't they do more retro my little pony?

Post Merge: November 11, 2012, 03:30:46 PM

On an added note:  I was watching the DVD about MLP collecting that we saw at the fair in RI last year and Hasbro had said they considered collectors in mind by making the art ponies, comic con ponies, etc.  OK so what are they doing for collectors now?  It seems MLP now is child-based and brony-based.  I look in pony aisles at stores and always end up leaving empty handed.  I'm just always disappointed and more and more I miss G1's and early G3's.  :cry:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:30:46 PM by Majesty »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2012, 03:33:37 PM »
Those are some cute socks!!!! 

Pinecone

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2012, 03:38:11 PM »
Interestingly enough, merchandise was more woman-oriented when this show started out, but men complained that there weren't enough things for them. I hope they make more non-brony, and gender-neutral/female-oriented things. I don't think men will complain now because they have plenty.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal