collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who wants a Luna plush?! you want a Luna plush!  (Read 4386 times)

pallas

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Who wants a Luna plush?! you want a Luna plush!
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 07:27:48 PM »
Yeah it just doesn't seem right to pass something off as something else to evade copyright and trademark infringement.  Pass for me but hope it works out for those who take part.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 07:30:14 PM »
I kind of like her!  Thinking about this.  I have never heard of this site before.  $25 is not a lot for a nice plush.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 07:33:31 PM »
Yeah, I mean, if it's based off of Luna the cat from Sailor Moon ... then why isn't it a plush of the cat from Sailor Moon? Why is it so obviously a plush of Princess Luna from MLP? They are obviously doing this in a way where Hasbro has either dictated they could let them do it if they did it this way OR they are doing it this way to dodge legal issues. Either way, I don't really like it. If I wanted a plush of Luna the cat, I'd just buy a plush of Luna the cat. I don't want a plush that is of Luna the cat if she were to transform into Princess Luna from My Little Pony. I just talked myself in circles and gave myself a headache.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 09:03:43 PM »
The plush looks beautiful and I'd love to have one, but gosh my head hurts from that description!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 09:25:42 PM »
How has Hasbro not shut that down yet? I can't imagine them being happy with someone getting a lot of money to have some random factory make Luna plushies, along with the recolored MLP vector shirts. The whole thing just seems so shady.

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 10:24:31 PM »
The bottom line is that this just isn't right.

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 03:23:41 AM »
Yeah it seems really sketchy. Plus it is a MY LITTLE PONY. Not a SAILOR MOON.

Big Mac: It just doesn't add up!

I just had to.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 04:08:08 AM »
I really love the plush, and was thinking about doing it until I read the description. If, as the man said, he talked to Hasbro about the project, then there should be no reason to cover up her cutie mark and make up some weird backstory. It screams scam to me, and as nice as the plush is, I'd be wary of dropping any money on this.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 08:38:50 AM »
it's really interesting to me how so many are totally against this because it is not a hasbro product! and it sort of hurts that so many are calling it a scam....please read up on kickstarter. I wanted this to be a *happy* post about how such a great new product could be available to us :(
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Oak23

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kd-230692.deviantart.com/
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 08:45:57 AM »
Let's justify bootlegging. cuz I want this to be a happy thread.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 08:50:24 AM »
it's really interesting to me how so many are totally against this because it is not a hasbro product! and it sort of hurts that so many are calling it a scam....please read up on kickstarter. I wanted this to be a *happy* post about how such a great new product could be available to us :(

Bolded because that is not the issue at all and I believe you know it isn't. The issue is that this person has made this project more complicated by saying it's something that it isn't, which is obviously to avoid legal issues. Whether they are doing it this way because Hasbro said they have to or if they're doing it because they really didn't contact Hasbro doesn't matter. There's no link to the alleged fanfiction that this is based off of and the photos with the cutie mark purposely covered up are suspicious at best.

Then, after reading an entire description about this is a plush of Luna the cat from Sailor Moon transformed into a "generic blue pegasus" I get to the shirts and see My Little Pony re-colors (bad ones, at that). So, which is it? Is it My Little Pony or is it Sailor Moon? I guess it doesn't matter. I know you want this plush, but the bottom line is that this person is asking people to pay money for something that is mis-represented and not even properly photographed so that we can see the entire product. It's dodgy and you cannot expect people to spend their hard-earned money on something so questionable if they are not interested in doing so.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 09:06:27 AM »

I know all about kickstarter, having used it multiple times to fund legitimate projects. I fail to see what this being on kickstarter has to do with anything. Just because someone puts a project on kickstarter doesn't mean it's all on the up-and-up.

I'm sorry if you thought we'd all just be super excited and instantly throwing money at this project, but people here tend to be pretty savvy and aware when things just aren't right. And the way this person is going about this isn't right. We're calling it a scam because it is one. The only reason for that person to present the item the way it is (covering symbols, trying to claim it's a sailor moon toy, claiming the characters on the t-shirts are also something they're not) is to try and sneak by copyright and trademark laws that they KNOW they couldn't do if they were being honest.

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 09:08:39 AM »
thank you Yurusumaji, for being so concise with your points. I see where you are coming from. I understand everyone's opinions, I guess I just feel like I am being jumped on :/
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 09:09:49 AM »
Why I think the plush is really cute and wouldn't mind owning one.. I think it's just overall too shady and not worth putting money on. The whole presentation is very very confusing and makes it all the more shady.

Sorry.

It's nothing on you. Seeing merch of anything MLP is nice. It's just not something I'd feel confident putting money on.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 09:19:13 AM »
Eternia,you did say you're not associated with the project in any way, right? It's the person who created the project that is being criticized here, not you. I understand if you feel a bit disappointed that people don't like the information you shared, but please know it's not you :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal