collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who wants a Luna plush?! you want a Luna plush!  (Read 4379 times)

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
Who wants a Luna plush?! you want a Luna plush!
« on: November 10, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »
you guys!
Check this out, 'Carbonesque' has started a kickstarter project for a luna plushie. Basically, you donate at least $25 and if the project reaches $5000, you get a luna plush, or whatever donation package is equivalent to your donation. The thing that's awesome about kickstarter is if the project fails (doesn't make $5000 by the allotted time) you aren't charged.
I am really excited about this, gonna make my donation once my credit card bill is paid!
http://www.mlparena.com/projects/1570995455/moon-plush

ETA. here's some FAQ for kickstarter backers
http://www.mlparena.com/help/faq/backer%20questions

I am not affiliated with the project, I just saw it on another forum and thought I'd share!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 02:08:33 PM by Eternia »
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants a Luna plush?! you want a Luna plush!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 12:48:47 PM »
Oh, that's awesome!  :)

I will definitely see if this will fit into my budget.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 01:10:05 PM »
She looks like a cute plush, but why is her cutie mark covered in every picture? Makes me wonder if they even sewed it on?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 01:11:24 PM »
Are they actually trying to say it's based off Sailor Moon, not MLP?  :blink:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »
I love that they are claiming this is really a sailor moon plush. NO SERIOUSLY GUYS, nothing to do with my little pony at all. Wonder if hasbro has seen this yet. Th only defense people have had this far with our own customs and plushes is that 'hey, it's just a small thing for some friends, I'm not mass marketing or anything." Trying to take a recognizable character to be mass produced by another manufacturer seems pretty dim to me.

Offline Eternia

• MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 01:27:26 PM »
The guy running this has done his research on copyright laws to make sure this is all legal. He even contacted hasbro. I've been following his updates on another forum where he has been posting this.
She does have symbols.
I'm sort of bummed out that there is not such a positive reaction here...on the other forum there has been real questions and lots of support....
I also want to point out the mass produced plushies that are not licensed by hasbro that are on amazon. Currently available: fluttershy, rainbow dash, :muffin: Pony, dr hooves, and octavia. They are all priced rather high, and are even labeled 'my little pony' has hasbro done anything about those? no.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 01:38:54 PM »
It just seems too weird to me. If there's no shame or problem with it being a my little pony toy, then why lie about what it really is?

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 01:48:37 PM »
Maybe because folks want to actually see what they buy beforehand? Using pictures to cover up every single view of her cutie mark kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Also trying to pass it off as a version of generic purple pegasus/unicorn/sailor moon cross over plush just seems to me like he's trying to use the loophole in the copyright law.

DirePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 02:01:44 PM »
I think it is a nice looking plushie and I would have no problem dropping some cash on it. My real issue is the way this is being presented. It obviously has nothing to do with Sailor Moon and adding a headset or whatever to it doesn't change that fact. And if it was presented to Hasbro and they signed off on it or whatever then why cover up the cutie mark? For that matter why even attempt to tie it to Sailor Moon? Why not just call it blue princess Pegasus Unicorn? I will keep an eye on the kickstarter and if it stays up for a week without being pulled down I will throw some cash in on it

Offline Eternia

• MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 02:07:07 PM »
If anyone wants the links to the process posts the creator has made, pm me! I just wanted to share this with everyone so the project could be a bigger success, and we could get a cute plushie! I'm not involved in it at all, I just think it's really neat. I also don't know what hasbro said about it when they were contacted, i'm sure you could ask him directly if you use the contact info available in the link.
No girly swap this year!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 03:23:35 PM »
Interesting idea and thanks for sharing Eternia :).

But I am kind of with NoD on this one; no matter what he thinks he has done to cover his bases, creating a commercial item based [in every way from design through colour and logo] on a trademarked product which doesn't belong to you and you don't have a license for is more than a little naughty.

Funrise will have paid Hasbro a significant amount of money to create their plushes - I can't imagine a company will be pleased to see something they have paid for the rights to created by someone else without permissions and without the payment of an expensive license. Likewise, HB are [most of the time and certainly in connection with the FiM craze] if not supportive then certainly nicely [and perhaps deliberately] oblivious to a lot of fan content. If someone starts producing large scale quantities of plushies then I am not sure they would be as pleasant about it.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 07:01:20 PM »
They cover the cutie mark/symbol because Hasbro has a copyright on pony toys with symbols on their rear ends.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 07:07:43 PM »
Um..totally passing that off as something it's not. Their website makes it seems like it is a plush off Sailor Moon's Luna.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 07:18:19 PM »
I'll probably pledge the $25 because the plush is cute, though I really want a view of her cutie mark.

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 07:22:36 PM »
consdeirng the fact that  this is possibly  and most likely jsut a scam to get money..  there is no  way that is sailor  moon.   becuase you can search ebay and  find tons of that particular   plush.   i've sene it pop up before.  i agree with the otehrs it seems a bit shady.  if it didnt have  lunas symbol on her neck and  have the black collar. and had the moon on her forehead instead then yes possibly  i could see it..   but also  looking at there   pictures of there Tshirts..

thats rainbow dash,   zecora. and  another image of nightmare moon in a different pose.   and the  'headphones' are ridiculsy cheap  looking. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal