collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Pinkie Pie in G4 Commercial! (Link to episode clip added!)  (Read 7589 times)

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
Re: G3 Pinkie Pie shows up in G4 Commercial!
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 12:36:38 PM »
Or it's the show just catering to bronies. Since they seem to love bashing G3.
You can hardly browse G3 youtube videos these days without bumping into "KILL IT WITH FIRE".

They love bashing anything not within their small fan-world...or whatever you'd like to call it, of G4. I do agree and say it's just catering to bronies.

One of the upcoming episodes seems to be completely catering to Head Honcho Brony himself that I won't mention because his site is off limits.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 12:53:03 PM »
It's nothing to worry about; they've said before that they're just joking anyway.  Most of them are quite nice and respectful if you mention that you like the older gens. :)
I playfully joke about g3 and g3.5 all the time, and I'm a Brony. I personally love g3 and g3.5's design is kinda creepy, but the characters are actually pretty cute after awhile. I liked this little gag.

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 12:57:02 PM »
Or it's the show just catering to bronies. Since they seem to love bashing G3.
You can hardly browse G3 youtube videos these days without bumping into "KILL IT WITH FIRE".

They love bashing anything not within their small fan-world...or whatever you'd like to call it, of G4. I do agree and say it's just catering to bronies.

One of the upcoming episodes seems to be completely catering to Head Honcho Brony himself that I won't mention because his site is off limits.

There were others who wanted to see that happen though.  Not just him.  I wanted to see it happen because I, too, love that character.  The episode's synopsis and that picture of Ponyville has me a teeny bit worried, but in the end, I'm sure I'll still like the character. :)

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 01:48:51 PM »
I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this.  I'll just have to wait to see the whole episode and see in what context the G3 face appears.  The scared reaction from Fluttershy and Rarity makes me think it's in a mocking tone, but I REALLY hope that's not the case, and they're just making a little nod to us older fans.  That's what I want to think.  I just don't want them to be mocking older generations.  But...I will say, G3-faced G4 Pinkie looks pretty darn cute to me!

DerbyGirl

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 01:56:20 PM »
LOL! That's amazing! I wouldn't really call it a crazy face either, heh, but I love the humor of the joke. I don't really see it as an attack on G3 fans (or old pony fans in general). It's more like MLP making fun of itself...just for the laughs. It reminds me of this scene from the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror XIII (for anyone who gets it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LX_nCYyrx0

I love when a show makes fun of itself! =)

Aha, with ya on that one!

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2012, 02:25:39 PM »
I don't think the scared look on Fluttershy's and Rarity's faces mean it was meant to mock G3. If a good friend of yours bent their face out of its normal proportions I'm sure you'd be pretty startled too.

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »
I don't think the scared look on Fluttershy's and Rarity's faces mean it was meant to mock G3. If a good friend of yours bent their face out of its normal proportions I'm sure you'd be pretty startled too.

Lol, quite true.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2012, 03:01:28 PM »
I honestly don't think they were trying to make fun of old fans... more like having at laugh at themselves.  :)

Since they are not the ones who worked on G3, i doubt that.

Pinkie pie calling it "the most crazy face you can make" + Rarity and Fluttershy looking scared/disgusted...I have a hard time seeing how it is not mocking G3. Especially since mocking G3 is done by everyone and their mom these days. They knew very well bronies would love it (and just look at the reactions at EQD!).

Frankly, i would like if it was a shout out to older fans or something like that. But it really isn't. If you want to create a friendly shout out...making your characters look disgusted isn't the way to do it.

Honestly, i pity the people who worked on G3.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:03:41 PM by Malicieuse »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2012, 03:08:47 PM »
This is clearly going to be a topic where a lot of us are going to have to agree to disagree.

However, this thread is not for bashing one another so please take this as a nice little advance warning to keep the discussion civil and on topic.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 03:22:33 PM »
I honestly don't think they were trying to make fun of old fans... more like having at laugh at themselves.  :)

Since they are not the ones who worked on G3, i doubt that.

Pinkie pie calling it "the most crazy face you can make" + Rarity and Fluttershy looking scared/disgusted...I have a hard time seeing how it is not mocking G3. Especially since mocking G3 is done by everyone and their mom these days. They knew very well bronies would love it (and just look at the reactions at EQD!).

Frankly, i would like if it was a shout out to older fans or something like that. But it really isn't. If you want to create a friendly shout out...making your characters look disgusted isn't the way to do it.

Honestly, i pity the people who worked on G3.

Yeah, do any of the character designers work on G4? If not, that's pretty mean.

I really don't like being so negative towards G4 these days, but I have to fully agree with you.
If I wouldn't know that the majority of Bronies hates G3 and if I wouldn't know that Hasbro is very aware of that and eager to cater to them, I would have seen it as a pretty funny Easter Egg for older fans.

But as things are, it is most likely a jab at the artistic style of G3.

Giving Ditzy Doo little background scenes and having Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon be best buddies is a nice nod to the Brony fanbase and I'm totally cool with that.
But having G4 ponies react disgusted when seeing a G3 face is kinda lame. Sorry.

Kinda makes me wish for G3 Minty to pop up and teach 'em a lesson on who's clearly best pony (and who wore socks long before the Bronies tried to make it a thing) ;)

PS: I'm not hating on Bronies here, just calling out the ones who constantly have to point out how "ugly and dumb" G3 was.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:25:12 PM by Zapper »

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2012, 03:31:45 PM »
I dunno. I like all the generations, and I wasn't the slightest bit offended by it. I thought it was funny and cute..... but everyone's entitled to their own thoughts on it. Those were just mine. :)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2012, 03:38:05 PM »
Socks on ponies ftw! :D

The inclusion of the G3 pinkie face doesn't bother me, but the reaction to it does. I'm always amazed by the lack of understanding that without older generations of ponies the current ones wouldn't exist. Friendship Is Magic didn't just pop out of thin air.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:39:40 PM by NoDivision »

BerryPunch

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2012, 04:29:50 PM »
This is clearly going to be a topic where a lot of us are going to have to agree to disagree.

However, this thread is not for bashing one another so please take this as a nice little advance warning to keep the discussion civil and on topic.

:blush: Yes, please be a little nicer. I know many, many Bronies who love other generations, including me. Just because the ones who don't are way more "vocal" about their opinions, doesn't mean that opinion is shared with ever single Brony. And I would react the same way if my friend could randomly change their face to something really weird.  :lol:

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2012, 04:41:17 PM »
Pinkie Pie, you've got some ' splainin to do! It's an interesting twist but as a G3 fan, I would rather they either didn't do that or have Pinkie Pie go all-out G3. It just doesn't look right seeing it 1/3 G3 on 2/3 G4. No offense to anyone that enjoyed the commercial of course.

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2012, 05:35:40 PM »
I loved this, because I like all generations. But there was one comment that really made me facepalm.

"G1 Pinkie Pie is creeeeeeepy"

Silly people, that's G3.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal