collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Pinkie Pie in G4 Commercial! (Link to episode clip added!)  (Read 7508 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: G3 Pinkie Pie in G4 Commercial! (Link to episode clip added!)
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2012, 03:17:06 PM »
Some people can brush these kinds of things off, but for others this situation is not so easily ignored. Some members of our community have been harassed very vigilantly for their liking of older generations. Some of us who haven't experienced that hatred directly for ourselves still find the behavior to be absolutely deplorable and don't think it should be just ignored. If some people aren't bothered by it, then that's great for them. But I don't think it's fair for anyone to discount and dismiss the people who have been truly upset and hurt by this spiteful behavior by saying they're reading too much into it or asking what the harm is.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:22:27 PM by NoDivision »

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2012, 03:41:48 PM »
What I always like to think in situations like this is: We all one way or another love technicolor little ponies.  :lol:

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2012, 03:42:56 PM »
and it's great that you think that way :) But don't forget that a lot of other people don't.

BerryPunch

« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2012, 03:49:50 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Eeyup!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2012, 03:56:51 PM »
But there is a difference between someone just not liking earlier gens and expressing their feelings and someone harassing someone for liking earlier gens. The second one is not okay and crosses the line. Not everyone who says "KILL IT WITH FIRE" when a G3 appears in an episode on a certain FIM site is going to go and harass someone. I just been getting this vibe lately that people think if someone doesn't like a certain gen or a certain pony then they should just shut up and keep it to themselves even if they don't cross any lines. That isn't right either.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

pineapple

« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2012, 04:05:18 PM »

Sabrina aka Sibsy was the storyboarder for this episode.

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2012, 04:54:13 PM »
I don't think anybody has an issue with people saying that they dislike a particular pony or generation?  To each their own.  I'm afraid I have more important things in life to worry about than whether or not someone on the internet shares my taste in children's toys/TV shows!

The problem, as Maliceuse already pointed out, is when some "fans" take it to extremes, writing on EVERY Youtube video of that show just to say how "pathetic" anybody watching it is.  These are usually the self same "fans" who will get up in arms if you politely tell them you don't like their favourite cartoon during a conversation.

Even then, I personally can turn a blind eye to those idiots.  If they want to waste their lives writing "Kill it with fire!" and "This is cancer!" on every G1/G3 cartoon, that's their problem.  I just ignore them and move on.  But when they make personal attacks on fans or the people who worked on those shows, as certain people have done and are doing to me, I get mad.  I have had some very graphic threats of rape and murder sent to me via Youtube (yes, over something as innocent as my choice in MLP!), as anyone on my Facebook can certify.  I've been told that these people will "track me down" if I "don't cease contact with the enemy" (a guy who worked on a few of the Tales episodes 20 years ago, in case you were wondering who this evil "enemy" was!)  They claim to know where I go to school, or where this guy works...  They tell him to "die in a car crash as the world would be a better place without him"...while he was really recovering from a car crash last year and suffering severe depression.  I've had to delete some of my Facebook friends because these guys were getting into my friends and family through FB.  I've watched another person I know, who worked on the G3 cartoons, repeatedly told that they "wished she'd die of cancer" while her own mother really WAS dying of cancer.  This "joke" brought another lot of hate down on her particularly last week, but she's so sweet that she just quietly deletes it from her Facebook fan page and never says a word.

THAT is why some of us are so riled up about this.  There is nothing wrong with liking or disliking a certain pony generation(s), or with having a calm discussion about your favourite/least favourite fictional ponies.  There IS something wrong with telling an actor he "deserves to die" because you don't like a voice he did in a cartoon 20 years ago, and then threatening to rape his friend for defending him.

Be proud of what you like and dislike, but don't attack people who think differently to yourself.  It takes all types to make a world, and you'll be surprised how many friends you can make by using a little kindness and respect.

I'm out of this thread now.  I can see it's on a spiral to being locked and I don't want to be part of that. :(

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #157 on: November 17, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »
*hugs for Lancer*

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »

Sabrina aka Sibsy was the storyboarder for this episode.

Remember when Sibsy showed up here and got all defensive that some folks didn't like her off-model pony sketches? That was fun, in a sort of "what are you doing, do you realize you are a professional acting like a 12 year old whose persona just got insulted on Deviantart?" way. :lmao:

Nice to know it wasn't a dig at anyone, though.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2012, 05:32:36 PM »
Oh Lancer that is quite awful. Those kind of people will look for any excuse to bully someone. If it wasn't over working on an earlier gen of MLP it would be over making MLP at all. But yeah it looks like the G3 face was a friendly nod and not mocking or anything. Still doesn't change what those jerks did tho.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

BerryPunch

« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2012, 05:58:05 PM »

Oh well...

pineapple

« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2012, 06:37:33 PM »

Oh well...

OMG I love this

BerryPunch

« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2012, 07:10:48 PM »
It's one of my favorite pics. I would personally like an episode where they all come back, just once, somehow get copyrights for one episode.  :blush:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2012, 07:38:38 PM »
Okay, first off, I want to say I read like 4 pages of this thread after watching it... yikes sometimes!

Anywhooooves - my take on that little G3 blip - the people who like FIM have really been able to connect with the characters in this new animation style they use... and so, to see a throwback of a face that I think is more attached to merchandise (G3 Pinkie Pie), may leave people being like "eww!" or "whaaaaa?" or something - because they themselves don't feel very personally attached to that character, as they do with G4 pinkie, if that makes sense...

But for me - I thought it was funny. I also hope it's not mocking, I mean, Hasbro shouldn't mock, they still have G3 merch out there and G3.5 (ok but PLEASE don't put G3.5 into FIM), and they made a ton of G3 ponies, so I'm sure they made bank off it.

The way Fluttershy and Rarity respond does seem to be a bit mocking or even disgust (I rewound that part like 100x)... but again, I haven't seen any other context so it may be cut completely differently in the actual show (you know how they do that...)

I LOVE Gen1 - I loved the old show, but to me, they're all from different worlds so it's hard for me to see them splished together - like, the G1s seem too "innocent" to be in the FIM world, and not that the FIM world is "bad" or "guilty", but they're far more modern than the cartoon ponies in the 80s.
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Pinecone

« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2012, 07:42:06 PM »
If it's a planned gag since season 1, I don't think it would be a brony-pandering moment then. Remember, when they first started working on the show, they didn't know there would be a big (and sometimes cruel) fanbase. Of course, there have been some claims that there were shoutouts to a horrible brony fanfic in S1, but there wasn't.

Often, people see what they want to see. Or they just want to stroke their egos.  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal