collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Part discussion, part brag (Abbey's Bed) *now with lots of pics!*  (Read 943 times)

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
Abbey's bed arrived today! I think it may be my favorite MH bed so far! I have all the beds (but not Cleo's Vanity or Frankie's Vanity), and of those I used to like Clawdeen's the most, but Abbey's may end up being the #1. My least favorite is Lagoona's. The concept is great, but the execution is poor. Mine makes a terrible noise and I've heard water leaks after awhile. I love the lights and bubbles, but not the noise. So, whose bed is everyone else's favorite and least favorite?

In the box:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Untitled by SkaterMichelle, on Flickr

Abbey in her bed:

Head of bed:

Foot of bed:

Bed, no Abbey

Close up of bedding

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 06:43:51 PM by Aaryana »

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Part Discussion, but part brag too! (New MH Bed)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 04:54:27 PM »
Are you going to take pics of it? There are two promo pics of it and both look different (one's more clear plastic while the other was a cloudy slightly translucent white plastic) and so I want to see which one it's more similar to. Plus, well, you know how they like to change things after they take the promo pics.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
The only beds I've seen in person were Lagoona's and Clawdeen's. Out of the two, I liked Clawdeens the most -  I like how it's a bunk bed. xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 05:10:01 PM »
Please take pictures!!!!!!  :biggrin:

I don't have any of the beds but I'd love to get Clawdeen's and Lagoona's.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Aaryana

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 06:01:51 PM »
It's dark, but I'll post some in just a minute. Pics posted in OP.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 06:44:25 PM by Aaryana »

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
Re: Part discussion, part brag (Abbey's Bed) *now with lots of pics!*
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 06:58:03 PM »
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Want!!!! *grabby hands*

I really need that bed.. and DT Abbey like now!!!! :D

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Aaryana

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 07:14:48 PM »
They are both pretty cute! The more I play with the bed, the more I like it. :)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 08:07:14 PM »
Oh it's super cute. Thanks for pics! Abbey can lay all the way down in it, yes?

I totally need it, but where will it go... how do I already need another shelf for Monster High dolls? :drunk:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 09:48:30 AM »
Omg, I need that bed! :heart:
Fave? Clawdeen's/Abby's
Most disliked? Frankies/Lagoonas
Lagoonas has a fantastic concept, but the noise, dear lord it is appauling, I sold mine very quickly after snagging it very cheap, then ended up trading lagoona nude! XD So basically paid £14 for the set, got £20 for the tank, traded Lagoona and MS Labcoat, toralei's jacket for Venus & Robecca, and basically only kept the PJ's!!
XD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 12:06:03 PM »
Clawdeen's bed is awesome, and definitely the best for display purposes.

Ula's is close to my heart because I would DIE (ha) to have one just like it for myself :heart:, it's so perfect, but slightly unwieldy to display.

Lagoona's tank looks amazing, and is such an unusual concept, that I love it and like it for my display. It's only downfall is in the execution of its bubble feature - noisy, prone to breaking, battery-powered instead of wall socket, and no way to control the time it runs. It's not so noisy that I wouldn't like to just leave it on sometimes, you know? The bubbles themselves are quite pretty. But it's not possible.

Frankie's bed is just a little bland. It's serviceable. But not the best display piece in either horizontal or vertical formats, and the mirror feature is negligible. I get a lot more use out of Ula's jewelry box lid (for MH accessories) and Lala's bubbles.

Cleo's vanity is incredible and perfect, so detailed, so ancient Egyptian. I really want a matching bed, preferably a sarcophagus, or at least something like she has in the webisodes.

Frankie's new vanity and Abbey's bed look neat, and for some reason I just adore doll furniture, so I'm excited to check them out. But I won't know for sure how they rank until I get them myself. I know I'm a little sad that Abbey's bed doesn't have a feature, like the others, even though I'm not sure what it could have been... even raising it off the ground like a trundle bed, with drawers underneath instead of a mattress, would have been useful like Ula's.

Aaryana

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 12:34:33 PM »
I know I'm a little sad that Abbey's bed doesn't have a feature, like the others

Interesting! I don't like the features of Frankie's bed or Draculaura's, but I know a lot of others who do. I seem to be the only one. I'd rather have had more accessories than the features they have.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 04:08:39 PM »
I know I'm a little sad that Abbey's bed doesn't have a feature, like the others

Interesting! I don't like the features of Frankie's bed or Draculaura's, but I know a lot of others who do. I seem to be the only one. I'd rather have had more accessories than the features they have.

That's fair, more accessories are awesome and Frankie's feature is pretty lame, I admit. But I like the idea behind it (giving playsets, that take up so much space, secondary uses that don't detract from the primary function of the piece as doll furniture).  And I love the little extra storage space in Ula's.

Stylistic concerns aside, I think it ensures that the coffin is objectively just better than the ice bed, which will take up a similar amount of shelf space being flat and horizontally oriented, and no doubt cost just as much, but without the extra bit of usefulness, and from the looks of it without anything else to make up the gap (I see no more accessories here than come with the coffin bed, for example).

Sadly Mattel isn't in the habit of taking features away to add other ones back in or pass the savings from losing them along to the customer, as we've seen with their treatment of stand inclusion. If they can get us to pay the same amount for less, however much, they're gonna do it. And now that I'm thinking about it that's what I see here.

I'd say that Cleo's vanity, on the other hand, actually does make up in level of detail and large amount of accessories what it lacks in secondary features or inclusion of a doll. So I'm anxious to see if Frankie's vanity continues that trend or not.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 04:13:38 PM »
omg soooooooooooooo cute!!!

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 06:34:53 PM »
Wow, that is awesome! My wallet just had a nervous breakdown lol. Thanks for posting the pics :)
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 07:47:12 PM »

I don't really like the features either.  That is why I stupidly passed up Draculaura's bed over labor day weekend when I actually found it at a TRU for only $20.  I didn't think it would be as expensive as it is so I could kick myself for not buying it when I saw it.  I just didn't like the jewelry box idea or the mirror idea for Frankie's bed.  I really want a bed for Cleo too to go with her vanity.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal