collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

(old poll- can't figure out how to delete

July 27, 2013
0 (0%)
August 10, 2013
0 (0%)
August 24, 2013
0 (0%)
ANY of those dates works for me!
0 (0%)
I really want to go- but none of these dates work- I will suggest another date below!
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 09:53:44 AM

Author Topic: NW Pony Party planning thread  (Read 21736 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
NW Pony Party planning thread
« on: November 07, 2012, 09:34:35 AM »
Pony Party Planning thread!

2014 Pony Party has been set!
Date(s): Saturday, July 26, 2014
Time: 1:45 PM to 4:30 PM
Room: Meeting Room
Library: Maple Valley Library
(21844 SE 248th St  Maple Valley, WA 98038)

PLANNED EVENTS FOR PONY PARTY

Events!
POT LUCK - bring your snacks and drinks to share!

*  Custom contest with prizes!
Possible categories (depending on number of entries - must be at least three entries for a category and/or a prize!)
* bait to beautiful! (based on the bait you got at the last party, or any other bait)
* voter's choice

Crafting! Bring your ponycrafts (or doll crafts if you like) - we can craft together and some of our members are serious customizers that can offer some really great advice!

Pony garage sale! We will set up on tables and buy/swap/sell pony (and other) stuffs.  Do you customize? Bring something to sell!

Show and Tell - Bring your favorite/interesting/meaningful ponies to share!

White Elephant exchange!  Bring custom bait to swap for something you'd like more! Maybe you have some extra G4s and want a G1- maybe you have a G1 and want a brushable! Bring them all!

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 03:24:54 PM by Galactica »

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: NW Pony Party - Summer 2013!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 09:45:06 AM »
How about July 6th? The 5th is a Friday.

Maybe make customs to sell to raise funds for the party?

I'm already planning my customs for the contest :)

Any location is fine by me. I would volunteer to host, since I have a big yard, but I also have 2 kids that would want to interfere too much I think.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 09:54:49 AM »
Oops!  Fixed the date- thanks! 

sarafina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 10:47:23 AM »
Thanks for starting a new thread!  I'm fine with any location. :)

I'd also love to contribute to the party fund with moneys and ponies.  I'll also keep the raffle and goodie bags in mind over the next few months as I shop and will pick up some fun stuff for the party. :)

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 11:01:05 AM »
July 6th sounds good. I think it would be fun to have the party at a revolving location every year, and I'd love to see Maple Valley.

Do we want to give a theme to the novice category? Or should we have a novice category in each theme? I've got a great idea for the strawberry theme, but I probalby won't have time to work on it until after the holidays! I've got three birthdays in december in my family, plus I was planning on trying to make christmas presents this year. :O

I would love to try to contribute to the goodies bags also. I think putting a swatch of hair is a cute idea, since pretty much everyone who came either makes customs or wants to it seemed like.

Hanna I love your idea of having a custom to sell as a fundraiser!

I've got space in my living room I would be happy to share also with any OR peeps who want to stay the night! I'm only about 30 minutes from either Seattle or Maple Valley.

Offline PaintedHooves

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 12:23:15 PM »
Maple Valley and Seattle are both about equal distance away from me, so either works! :)

Once the holidays are over I'll probably get started on my customs; I think the hardest part is going to be keeping them a secret!

As for fundraising, doing a few customs and selling them or even holding a raffle for them is a great idea.   We would just need to get other pony peeps interested in helping us out :)

I'm already excited for the next party!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 04:22:29 PM »

Once the holidays are over I'll probably get started on my customs; I think the hardest part is going to be keeping them a secret!

So true! One in particular!! I have a feeling I will be smitten on her.

I was thinking novice customizers could enter whatever they want to in the three contest categories and whichever novice gets the most votes in general gets the prize? It's up to the novices:D

I vote Maple Valley, just to give it a try, the drive really doesn't make a ton of difference :) I love to travel. I'd drive to B.C. if I had to :D I think having it move around would be fun :)

I feel like we should have show n tell, customizing demos (I cannot remember which ones we discussed....), awards and yard sale separate. Oh! And what about an ice-breaker/get to know each other game to start? I have a bunch of those :) Like one where everyone gets an index card and writes something unusual about themselves on it, then someone reads them and we have to guess who it is? Also, name tags are a MUST for the next party. I got about 5 names I remember XD I really really can make buttons too XD

I'd love to help with raffle stuff, we could have a raffle here on the Arena maybe? I could donate a pony (or two depending). Maybe a Valentine's raffle with love themed ponies? Or spring ponies?

Would you guys think it was weird if we had a pony mascot for the NW parties?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »

So true! One in particular!! I have a feeling I will be smitten on her.

I was thinking novice customizers could enter whatever they want to in the three contest categories and whichever novice gets the most votes in general gets the prize? It's up to the novices:D

I vote Maple Valley, just to give it a try, the drive really doesn't make a ton of difference :) I love to travel. I'd drive to B.C. if I had to :D I think having it move around would be fun :)

I feel like we should have show n tell, customizing demos (I cannot remember which ones we discussed....), awards and yard sale separate. Oh! And what about an ice-breaker/get to know each other game to start? I have a bunch of those :) Like one where everyone gets an index card and writes something unusual about themselves on it, then someone reads them and we have to guess who it is? Also, name tags are a MUST for the next party. I got about 5 names I remember XD I really really can make buttons too XD

I'd love to help with raffle stuff, we could have a raffle here on the Arena maybe? I could donate a pony (or two depending). Maybe a Valentine's raffle with love themed ponies? Or spring ponies?

Would you guys think it was weird if we had a pony mascot for the NW parties?

Oooh- awesome ideas!  Okay so Maple Valley it is!  It sounds like Patti would like to host, and she has a slew of craft tables already, so that would really help with the garage sales and crafting I think :D

I like your ideas for events Salli- and for sure we need name tags next time!

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 04:28:50 PM »
Love all the ideas Salli!

sarafina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 04:34:41 PM »
I think rotating the party from place to place sounds like a great idea. :)

Salli - I LOVE the idea of having a pony mascot!  I really like how the Maryland pony meet has a different generation represent the mascot's theme each year.  Should we have a design contest or something?  Could be fun!

(oooo - and along those lines - maybe if we decide on a mascot, we could work on customs of her and either have her as a prize at the party or raffle her on the Arena for money to go towards the party?)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 04:38:40 PM »
Oh I forgot to mention I love the idea of a Mascot too!

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »
And I love the idea of a design contest!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 04:52:03 PM »
I third the design contest (designing right now on General Zoi's   :haha:)

Once we get a pony mascot picked I can design something. What kind of name tags? Write-on buttons? tags on a lanyard like at conventions?

Serafina, I LOVE the rotating gen idea. Which one would we do first? Gen 4 or Gen 1?

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 04:54:26 PM »
Ooooh, once we have a design picked I can make a Brian out of it!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 05:04:47 PM »
Ooooh, once we have a design picked I can make a Brian out of it!

NICE!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal