collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: zero feedback eBay buyers  (Read 987 times)

from1981

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: zero feedback eBay buyers
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 11:18:46 PM »
My daughter & I had a problem with a low feedback person bidding on my bjd last month. It was weird, she bid early in the week & evidently the 4 watchers didn't want to bid over the starting bid & then she claimed after she won that she had gone on a shopping spree & was coming up short. Then she sent me a second message in the wee hours claiming her bank was in another state & she couldn't make a deposit, so I asked if she wanted to cancel & she agreed, but eBay would not put the auction amount back into my available listing allowance , they don't have any brains on the weekend. I had to relist for the amount left in my listing allowance & loose 150 over the original amount' then like 2 days later after the bjd had sold again with bin, they put the amount back in too late.I have since then had some wonderful buyers with feedback of 50 & on up.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 11:46:30 PM »
OK, that last story confuses me a touch, but I don't sell on E-bay.  People seriously add free shipping to their offers?  That's crazy.  There's a castle that DD wants that has OBO on it, shipping alone is $40.  Can't imagine offering whatever for it and then saying I want free shipping.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »
They said they could pay in full on the 14th so I set the auction up specifically so they could do that. They just sent a message apologizing for the delay and said they'd send payment soon. I'm glad they contacted me but at the same time when people use words like "soon" instead of giving a specific date it raises red flags. Since they've at least been in contact with me I may give them a full week to pay.

In the future I think I'm going to include a note in my listings saying if an item isn't paid for within 4 days it'll be relisted and reported as being unpaid. Maybe that'll scare off at least some of the ne're-do-wells.

ponylady- I know what you mean, I'm nervous about reporting them but in the end I have a feeling that's what I'll end up doing. I've only done this a couple times before and they were for pretty inexpensive items. I don't want to get hit with the fees for this one so I don't want to wait too long to report them but on the other hand I want to give them a shot. Ugh! I'm also working 11 1/2 hr days right now plus Saturdays so my free time is definitely too valuable to be messing around with this kind of garbage.

Ringlets- It's been 3 days now. Maybe I'm getting jumpy too soon. I didn't know I could cancel an unpaid item case, that's handy to know.

RockinPrettyBeats- Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea buyers were even allowed to make demands like that. I won't be setting auctions up to automatically accept offers anymore.  :|

from1981- There are a lot of shady bidders on eBay lately. Sorry for your bad experience but it sounds like you've had lots more good ones!

I don't sell on E-bay.

You aren't missing out on much XD

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal