collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Two more Funko Vinyls.  (Read 37521 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Two more Funko Vinyls.
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2013, 02:28:50 PM »
I am curious about packaging too.  I really liked the packaging used for RD & D-

They will have to have blind packaging without the lovely display window if they are going to have random secret clear ponies every 25...   or maybe it is just random if you buy online? 

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2013, 03:43:02 PM »
It's not the first time Funko has done variants, so I really doubt they'll change the packaging to make it a mystery box.

(every time someone says mystery box I picture a black bag around the box with a question mark)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 03:48:23 PM by kakenterprise »

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2013, 03:45:02 PM »
well that will make finding the variants easy then.  I guess I'll have to go into the store. 

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2013, 03:53:47 PM »
I ordered mine.  I wonder which ones I'll get.  I'd much prefer the regular ones to match RD and Bubbles over the clear ones, even though I usually adore clear/glittery ponies.  Maybe I'd like the clear/glittery G4s better if they were brushables.  I LOVED the prototypes of the clear/glittery brushable Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack.  These, not so much...

I'm a little disappointed that Dr. Whooves is the same size as the female ponies.  I was hoping his mold would be a little bit bigger than them, like he is in the show.

Still super excited for these!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:32:34 AM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 23, 2013, 10:10:38 AM »
Yay ordered mine, Thank you for posting promo codes that was awesome! Both ponies are still up online. i hope i get the sparkly ones, i think they are cute. the packaging worries me though if you cant see the ponies that would suck cuz i dont take mine outta the box.... and if i dont get the sparkly ones and you can see though the box im gonna have to stalk Hottopic to get the sparkly ones...why oh why must you light my wallet on fire! lol. where did my will-power go?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2013, 03:42:27 PM »
It's actually just speculation at this point that there are red and green tie versions of the clear Dr. Whooves, I think. The Hot Topic website says nothing about it and both known pics of him have a red tie. So while it may be true we shouldn't take it as fact quite yet.

Yes I agree the statement on HTs site of "Half of the assortment wears a red tie and the other half wears a green tie! Which will your pony be wearing? It's a surprise!" can be taken a couple of ways. But I think its most likely that 12 ponies will have green ties, 11 ponies will have red ties and 1 pony will have a red tie and be transparent.

@xeevee - it is confusing isnt it! It seems a little cheeky to put variant in the title of the listing when they are not actually selling the variant just a chance you may get it!

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2013, 02:54:33 AM »
I hope that they are planning on having the sparkly ones in the stores. I went several times and it appears that I was the only one who seemed interested in Dashie and Bubble butt, so I have good odds of getting a sparkle pony in person. If not, I think it's a gamble (for me) to spend that kind of money in hopes of getting one, blind bags aren't so bad because they're always $5.00 or under. If not, I think I can live without them, as I'm just mostly interested in Fluttershy! I might have to get one for my nephew this summer for his birthday

I'm just afraid the employees will buy them all up before they're put out if the variants are this limited. I usually don't  pre order things, but the hot topic employee scared me into it this time. He told me that the stores were getting a limited number of these after the online preorder. I hope that he was just lying to me trying to make more sales because I know that the previous ones were restocked several times and still in stock. I just wasn't about to take any chances and miss out on my little Fluttershy.

The guy at my hot topic told me the same thing, he said that the glittery figureines whe going to be limited and that not even the employees were going to be able to buy them so that collectors have a better shot at obtaining them
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2013, 02:56:52 PM »
Here's how the new funko fluttershy compares in size and design to the design-a-pony (threw a g4 for further size clarification).  I like the funko pony's sculpt much better! :D

I think her hair is just a little too bright of a pink...

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Two more Funko Vinyls.
« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2013, 03:03:37 PM »
Here's how the new funko fluttershy compares in size and design to the design-a-pony (threw a g4 for further size clarification).  I like the funko pony's sculpt much better! :D

I think her hair is just a little too bright of a pink...

Wow. Thanks for the comparison pics. I love the protos.

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 26, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »
Thanks for the pictures Galactica! Now I'm really excited... and really hoping for the solid-coloured Fluttershy, she looks good!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 26, 2013, 03:12:41 PM »
No probs-  I think she is super adorable :D  I love her face...

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2013, 03:13:20 PM »
The promo code expires tomorrow, right? I guess I'll be ordering them today then.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2013, 05:57:42 PM »
I preordered Doctor Whooves tonight!  I'm curious to see which version I get :-)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2013, 09:40:49 PM »
Argh, I think hot Topic's site is glitching on me. When I try to enter the billing/shipping info, it keeps giving an error message on the next page. Dx

EDIT: Okay, was finally able to place an order. I ordered two Fluttershys (Thanks for posting the promo codes, guys!), and although I do want a Clear variant Time Turner, I didn't feel it was worth the risk to pre-order for a 1/24 variant.
Does anyone know when they'll be shipping out the pre-orders? I hope Fluttershy comes in before Valentine's Day so I can wrap and give one to my sweetie for the big day. :heart:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:11:04 PM by MilkyTaroMochi »
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »
They aren't officially released until 2/22, so I don't think they'll ship before that, unfortunately
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal