collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cheating on my childhood pony!  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
Re: Cheating on my childhood pony!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 05:19:17 PM »
I'm torn on this as well.  A lot of my childhood favorites (Peachy, Bowtie, to think of a few) were stored away for a long time and have substantial cancer. Like, if I saw them for sale I wouldn't buy them. But they were my originals, so i don't know how I feel about "replacing" them.  I have replaced some of my later ones,  like my SS Truly because even deflocked, she was beyond saving, and my Banana Surprise because her hair was all falling out. But I'm kinda like you. If I bought versions of some of my first favorites in better condition, I'd feel disloyal.

BTW Cotton Candy was my first pony, too!
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 09:04:54 PM »
you have to keep both, its just one extra pony not a dozen.
im not into doubles either but i have 3 glorys, she was my first pony as a child and it took me years to find one again collecting as an adult, then years and years to find a near mint one now i have have 3 NM ones and i can not get rid of one of them, they are too sentimental to me
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 10:51:31 PM »
I'm even worse with my Teddy Bear, Frenchy.  I packed up my stuffies for storage and I just couldn't pack up Frenchy.  I kept thinking how mean that would be, how, after all she's been to me, she deserves better.  I even apologize to her if she's fallen behind the bed or something and didn't notice for a while.  I know she's just a toy, as is Firefly, but they're more than that.

I do this with my teddy bear Ojo, and my matching snake to my girlfriend's (named after her) because they're so close to me. Also my owl pillow named Bubo Fuzzywig. Also my plush Lickety Split and a dolphin who's remained nameless- oh heck I do this with every plushie I snuggle with.  :(

Right now I feel kinda bad because the one pony I have the most attachment to- my G3 Breezie- is still in storage while all of these "new" ponies are arriving and currently taking over my desk. I really ought to get her out, she came with me on my hospital visits when I was a kid- I would pull her in her little scooter around behind me via a string, throughout the halls as I walked to the checkup rooms with my mom.

Also I feel really bad for Baby Dangles and Rosedust because they're still decapitated while all of my other "rescued" G1s are being styled and sit perfectly put back together. Pretty sure Dangles hates Ember's Dream for that right now.  :P
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 10:54:33 PM »
I had this happen too.. and I kept the better one... I pretend I didn't though, and hopefully I'll eventually forget it wasn't the one my sticky little fingers grubbed up!  I only did it with two though, couldn't do it with my Cotton Candy (although I have several of those, but will always keep my original). Totally did the ol' switcharoo with two of my top ten's though. Now my Majesty can stand on her own though, so we just pretend she finally go that hip surgery we had always talked about :P

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 08:31:31 AM »
I don't feel like im cheating on my childhood ponies. I only have two Curly Locks and Twinkler. I did manage to find a nice looking Curly Locks although shes on display. My original one isn't really. When I was reintroduced to my little ponies again it was Medley. I love her as equally as much as Cotton Candy who was my very first pony. I never got rid of my last 2 childhood ponies and they are in good condition. :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:20:17 AM by SkyCakes »

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 02:56:36 PM »
I'd personally keep both, there's just something so heartwarming about having your original childhood pony standing proud next to a mint version. One little double never hurt anybody :)
I'll never know that feeling though because I didn't have ponies as a kid.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 03:05:51 PM »
I'm going to feel like that when I get replacements for my paper customs of Minty, Kimono and Firefly. They're nice, but I want the real ponies. I wonder how they'll feel when I do . . .

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 04:50:45 PM »
Make an exception in this case! Keep both! I do this with my childhood gals. If I get a mint version, I keep it.. but my original gals stay too!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal