collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *hears crickets* Did Monster High really keep this forum alive?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: *hears crickets* Did Monster High really keep this forum alive?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2012, 03:10:08 PM »
I'm going into doll heaven. Well, I will be. Zellers is going out of business so everything will be on liquidation starting this weekend. LIV and Barbies and Ariel will be EVERYWHERE, mwahahahah!
Also, bought Bratzillaz Jade today. I AM IN LUUUURVE.
Yes!! Buy more Liv dolls before they're all gone from existence! One of us! One of us! XD Muahahaha! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Not to be a downer of any sort, but normally I mostly only collect playline dolls, and I noticed a lot of people of the Dollhouse are mostly into BJDs by comparison to others. I don't have BJDs so I can't really relate as much as I want to I guess. Maybe that's why I feel kinda intimidated or having the feeling of it being kinda slow. >,<;

Either that, or maybe I'm just over thinking it...(Most likely I probably am.) :dizzy:
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

steampunk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 04:40:59 PM »
I need to take more pics of my dolls. I've had such horrible health lately that all my collections are being neglected  :huh:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 04:51:16 PM »
Well I just ordered my first BJDs and then found out I might not even get them 'til next year. LOL.

So I guess I won't have anything to post here until then, besides my Pure Neemo Nyaruko coming in next month (along with a new Nendoroid and Figma). My AmiAmi orders are getting a bit crazy these days.

I seriously sobbed though when they told me my dolls wouldn't be in for 8-10 weeks. I dropped my entire 2-week paycheck on them, then realized I could have done layaway and still had money to spend on myself between this paycheck and the next (and received the dolls at the same time). I am such a moron.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 05:26:07 PM »
I am actually here more now that MH has its own section.  Easier to find the threads about dolls that I like.  :silly:  I am waiting on a new BJD to come in the mail, that's about all that's new here.  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
I just got my Hujoo Freya this afternoon, and since she was a Christmas gift, I got to put her eyes in and then she went right back into the box until Christmas morning.  Box is now safely stashed out of reach.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 08:20:18 AM »
I'm going into doll heaven. Well, I will be. Zellers is going out of business so everything will be on liquidation starting this weekend. LIV and Barbies and Ariel will be EVERYWHERE, mwahahahah!
Also, bought Bratzillaz Jade today. I AM IN LUUUURVE.
Yes!! Buy more Liv dolls before they're all gone from existence! One of us! One of us! XD Muahahaha! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Not to be a downer of any sort, but normally I mostly only collect playline dolls, and I noticed a lot of people of the Dollhouse are mostly into BJDs by comparison to others. I don't have BJDs so I can't really relate as much as I want to I guess. Maybe that's why I feel kinda intimidated or having the feeling of it being kinda slow. >,<;

Either that, or maybe I'm just over thinking it...(Most likely I probably am.) :dizzy:
Yes, I want them so bad, but they are sooo expensive over here! Yay for liquidation!

And yeah, I don't collect bjd's and the like. I don't have the money to all at once spend a few hundred dollars on a doll. Not that I don't want to. But, my parents would KILL me lol I also really like Pullips and co, but I bought one and we didn't bond so I've kind of given up on them. I want a J-doll, though!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2012, 08:56:49 AM »
xkelpiex, you bought Jade J'Adore, right? The one with the white hair. If so, that's the only one I have. I think she's awesome too. :D  I want to get more of these eventually.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 01:12:18 PM »

That's kind of how I feel too.  I don't even know what BJD stands for lol...ball jointed dolls?  I don't collect pullips or blythe or any of the collector types of dolls.  I collect Cherry Merry Muffin, MH, Disney princesses (ones I like, usually holiday, Disney store exclusives or ones from the 90s), Cupcake dolls and other childhood dolls.  It seems there is very little discussion on playline dolls and if there is it seems it is all modern rather than vintage ones.  Even vintage SSC and Rainbow Brite seem to get the shaft so to speak.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 01:15:09 PM »
I don't collect BJDs either. I wanted one for a while, but when I got my Hujoo... I don't know. I don't like the way strung dolls move, no matter what kind of plastic they're made out of. It's so icky... It feels so lifeless to me. I'll stick to Pullips.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2012, 03:41:33 PM »
I'd love a BJD.  I've even had a couple picked out, but my husband doesn't understand spending $25 on a playline doll.  He's certainly not gonna understand spending BJD prices.  I showed him one I was interested in (and it was cheap, as far as BJD go.  $150 I think) and he just kept saying "$150 for THAT?"

I gave up.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »
I also don't like how big they are. I'd rather have an adult than a child, but the adult sized dolls are just way too big for my tastes.

Not to mention, their gigantic size makes finding clothes a pain. I wouldn't spend $25 on a shirt for myself, let alone for my doll.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 07:09:57 PM »
xkelpiex, you bought Jade J'Adore, right? The one with the white hair. If so, that's the only one I have. I think she's awesome too. :D  I want to get more of these eventually.
Yes, I did! I keep admiring her, she's so awesome! I want Meygana next.
But, I went on a toy rampage this past week and need to stop lol Jade J'adore, Walmart GR Abbey, Robecca Steam, wigs for some cams, the skeleton cam and torso, some lps, a blindbag pony....yeesh, I'ma be broke! I was gonna buy the ddg three pack next week as well, but now I think I might wait. And I am waiting for Zellers liquidation to get some LIVs and Fashionista Barbie's.

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2012, 01:51:42 AM »

Not to mention, their gigantic size makes finding clothes a pain. I wouldn't spend $25 on a shirt for myself, let alone for my doll.

THIS! Oh my goodness, I was FLOORED when I first saw how much people were charging for MSD/SD clothes *faint* Even for simple, plain, handmade things that would fetch a dollar or 2 if sized for Pullips are upwards of $5!

My poor RS Mei has hardly any clothes at all because of this, while my Pullip&Co are rolling in them.
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Rosse

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 05:22:52 AM »
With BJDs, I think it really helps if you can sow your own clothes for them. I don't mind spending a bit of money on clothes and stuff for my dolls, but when a clothing item costs nearly equal to, or more, than the equivalent for myself would, that's a no-no. So if I ever get a BJD, she will probably only get one outfit and stay in it :P

steampunk

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2012, 06:38:00 AM »
I only collect American Girl. We move every few years and have a weight limit, plus I would hate to have more items get lost/destroyed by government-contracted movers. But man, there is a LOT I wish I could get!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal