collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *hears crickets* Did Monster High really keep this forum alive?  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: *hears crickets* Did Monster High really keep this forum alive?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 10:14:03 PM »
I'm a moderator at Finnish ABJD forum so most of my dolly talk goes there and the forum's IRC channel  :blush: I do read this forum quite a lot, too, but I don't comment as often as I could.

At the moment I'm spending quite a lot of time making my own BJD from Apoxie Sculpt. I made her head from other material over a year ago, now is time for the body. She will be a flat chested, pear shaped about 40cm/16" tall girl with two sets of ears (wing ears and medium long elf ears). Her name will be Nami, meaning "sweet thing" in Finnish and in Japanese it means "wave". I'm thinking about casting her in resin when she is done, but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble. I would have to do it myself as I don't want to have dozens of her running around, just one for myself and there are no companies who're willing to make just one resin cast.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:16:52 PM by Uninu »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 11:59:44 PM »
I've taken notes and tried coming up with games, ideas and ways to keep this part of the arena still alive and active.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline murbella64

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I don't train monkeys, I make 'em.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 12:08:20 AM »
Working on some clothes for my ladies, but I just recently made a ball-jointed sock monkey for stop-motion animation.  I gotta get on that and make some movies, but I just had an operation and I'm recooperating.

I'm sort of glad that MH has been given its own forum, and I'm sure that the MH enthusiasts are happy with it as well:)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 12:37:06 AM »
You guys, this forum isn't actually dead. There are 8 threads with new posts in less than 24 hours. This forum tends to have mostly more pricey dolls as the focus of most posts. They also tend to have fewer new releases and far less often. When you aren't running to the store picking up a new one every few days for a low price (comparatively), the forum is going to be slower. It's not a bad thing. As some others have said, I like that it's slowed down a bit. It gives me a chance to see the posts before they get pushed off the page.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2012, 12:59:04 AM »
I guess that is a good point kat. :P Unlike MH, most lines don't have a constant release every few months. I take back what I said about it not being active or dead. >,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 01:13:33 AM »
Good point about being able to see the posts before being pushed off the page Kaos; As much as I love MH, I'm starting to really expand my collection BEYOND BJD's, MH, and Pullips.  I've started collecting 80's dolls (specifically those I had as a kid-for more nostalgic reasons), Moxie Teenz...pretty much what ever lovely catches my eye.  BTW, does anyone here subscribe to Doll Magazine?  I just wanted to know if it's worth the subscription.

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 02:13:34 AM »
I'm ordering my first 2 BJDs today! :lol: Also still waiting on their clothes, though I got their wigs in a while ago.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 03:15:01 AM »
o.O Crickets? Maybe it seems that way, if you don't visit often, but I actually think the Dollhouse has taken on a new lease of life since the MH forum was created, and I love it!

I got a great deal on 2 Pullips from eBay, from a lovely seller, and have done my first custom :)
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Rosse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 04:11:08 AM »
Wut? I think this place is wonderful since the MH move, I don't think it's slow at all! It was never super busy before MH anyway. :)

I'm luvin Pullips as much as ever, have a Ddalgi on the way and today I'm taking a few last pics of my Re-Fananatica before I ship her to her new owner (I found the original a little while ago and prefer her).

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2012, 05:22:13 AM »
And I just put this awesome guy on layaway!  (he won't make home in time for Halloween, but I'm excited to bring him home for Christmas!)

Yay! Another Zombie Sol will be on the board! I'm hoping to get mine by Christmas, too. =D

I've been pretty bleh lately, so I'm taking little breaks here and there. I did get in a Dollmore Dollpire Shiloh boy and another Alice's Collections order in. I keep buying shirts and girly things, but no pants. My poor boys... Oh! And a Volks mini girl body for a floating F-11 head. The body is quite yellow compared to the head, but I'm not too bothered. It was cheap and serves its purpose.

Other than that, aside from the Zombie Sol, I'm taking a dolly break. For the next few months I'm gonna be focusing on retro gaming. Maybe I should look into posting pics of some of my dolls tho... I talk about them, but hardly show them... =^_^=;

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, 06:08:35 AM »
It seems like it always has. There's plenty of new topics being posted and commented on :) They're just not buried underneath a bunch of others.

I wish I could love bigger dolls. That Ring Doll zombie is absolutely amazing. I keep looking at pictures, he's so weird and full of awesome. Congrats to you two bringing him home.

I've been socking money away like crazy. I don't know what my employment is going to be like after November so I'm not buying any dollies right now. My last splurge is this gorgeous custom Blythe, by Melly Kay. She's the queen of the doll room right now.

Emma Marie by Vertefae, on Flickr

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »
Well, I recently got two Blythe clones, but I haven't had much time to take pictures of them. I'm debating on whether or not I want to customize my Icy... I just haven't really bonded with her. I already customized my Blybe.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2012, 09:28:26 AM »
It seems like it always has. There's plenty of new topics being posted and commented on :) They're just not buried underneath a bunch of others.

I wish I could love bigger dolls. That Ring Doll zombie is absolutely amazing. I keep looking at pictures, he's so weird and full of awesome. Congrats to you two bringing him home.

I've been socking money away like crazy. I don't know what my employment is going to be like after November so I'm not buying any dollies right now. My last splurge is this gorgeous custom Blythe, by Melly Kay. She's the queen of the doll room right now.

Emma Marie by Vertefae, on Flickr

Pictures like this make me want a Blythe. I love it!

I will have to agree... I think the forum is active enough. :D

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »
I also got a Liv doll recently... The first Liv doll that I'm planning on keeping instead of baiting/giving away. The reason is because I've been working on making some custom Liv wigs, and I'm hoping to use her as a model when they're done. :)

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2012, 11:22:03 AM »
I'm going into doll heaven. Well, I will be. Zellers is going out of business so everything will be on liquidation starting this weekend. LIV and Barbies and Ariel will be EVERYWHERE, mwahahahah!
Also, bought Bratzillaz Jade today. I AM IN LUUUURVE.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal