collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *hears crickets* Did Monster High really keep this forum alive?  (Read 2553 times)

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
*hears crickets* Did Monster High really keep this forum alive?
« on: October 18, 2012, 06:40:16 PM »
I swear, ever since the new forum was made for Monster High only, this one seems... emptier lol.

So what have you dolly collectors been up to lately? Got any new dollies you'd like to share?  Or even a new outfit for your dolls? New wig? Anything!

:)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: *hears crickets* Did Monster High really keep this forum alive?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »
I'm more into ponies than dolls, but I have been getting more dolls recently. Of course I have several MH ones. They got me into dolls. Then I bought the four main Novi Stars which I am madly in love with. I want the one that comes with the playset but I don't actually want the playset. *sigh* I hope they make more of these dolls. I'm in love. They seem to be selling well. I see them on features at Wal-Mart a lot and some are half empty.

I also got three Catwalk Kitties recently and I am in love with these dolls. I hate how rare and expensive they are, though. :(
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 06:45:05 PM »
Yeah, I'll have to admit I've been spending more time on the MH Section...Maybe too much.

I've also been busy with school so I haven't been able or motivated to take pictures. >,<;

So far no one new has been added to my dolly family. I Might consider doing a couple threads here to bring people back!

I'm debating if I should get one of the MH Fakies the Midnight Dreams dolls to see if their clothes fit Livs or Moxie Girlz.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 06:46:41 PM »
I have some cloth I need to make the time to sit down and make matching dresses for my two Freyas, I need to give a face-up to my new white Freya that arrived last week and I got an awesome cabinet from my hubby this week that is going to be turned into a doll house. I am also debating on buying http://www.doll-zone.com/pro_detail.asp?id=996 . I have been looking around to try and find some owner pics on the internet, but I guess she wasn't very popular as I haven't found much. I will take some pictures of the cabinet tomorrow to post for everyone to see.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »
That does it, I'm bustin my camera out to take pictures. XP
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 07:17:53 PM »
I should gather my dolls for a picture. My latest additon is Nedroid Miku lol and I llove her
~Foxtale~

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 07:28:45 PM »
dolls have kinda taken a quick back seat for me recently. I got into crafting ^^;
figure and teddy bear making, to be exact

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 07:35:27 PM »
I just finished this KAWAII pumpkin costume for my PKF Zio (Mimzy):
(sorry for the horrible lighting >_<)

And I just put this awesome guy on layaway!  (he won't make home in time for Halloween, but I'm excited to bring him home for Christmas!)

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 07:38:55 PM »
I just got my first bjd but then I got sick and haven't been able to do too much with him yet. Except of course stare at him from across the room while stuck in bed. And I do that alot. :silly:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Dibbles

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 08:17:57 PM »
In addition to getting the MH Werewolf Sister Pack recently, I got a Pullip and a bunch of doll clothes last month.

Sol28

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 08:53:40 PM »
I got my second Littlefee a month or so ago...but now I'm hankering for my Souldoll Eliot. I finish paying him off next week and then I just have to arrange pickup (and hope his wigs come in time). I like my tinies but there's just something really cool about the really big dolls, and despite this guy being a massive impulse buy I adore him, and the girl I'm buying him from is the sweetest, most lovely seller ever. Buying local is the best.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 08:56:31 PM »
I just received a new Cherry Merry Muffin girl.  An upgrade really.  The first Chocolottie complete with accessories.  My CMM set has jumped from zero to...um, way more than I expected at first apparently lol.  Don't even know offhand how many I actually have.  I also got found a Tonka Cupcake doll at a thrift store a few weeks ago.  It is the one I had as a kid.  It had her dress but no hat or comb :( I really need to take brag/collection pix of my collections...and then hide them away and stop buying for a long time lol.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 09:29:49 PM »
I've actually dwindled down a bit on here totally, but I actually spend more time in the Dollhouse now-a-days. :D

I updated my Pullip a bit. :D

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 09:33:15 PM »
I highly prefer the Dollhouse slow over 99% MH spam. There were sooooo many threads, at one point 20 MH threads on the first page alone and most were just pic threads when there was already a thread for MH photos. It was insanity.

But lately I haven't really done anything much. Its too cold to go outside and my one good indoor photo area was taken apart, so I can't really do anything anyways. I "locked up" most of my girls under saran wrap for the winter and probably spring too the other day (the dust here is INSANE). I had to leave a few Livs and various other dolls out, so maybe I'll be able to get a few photos at some point.

Though I did get some neat doll stuff on a vacation to visit relatives in California recently. :D

We got to go to In-N-Out again! This is in Vegas.

And I got a mini wooden artist model doll! I absolutely LOVE these things, and I've wanted a small one for a while.

Spoiler
Three chairs! The big red one is mostly for my Moxie Teen, so she can be displayed better. The white ones are the perfect size for Livs.

Pumpkins! I couldn't resist grabbing them for Halloween/autumn-themed shoots.

Clothes! The dress is beyond adorable and I love the shirt. Not sure who'll end up with the shirt and/or shorts, but Hayden is hanging out in the dress and skates.

And saving the best for last, I got my first Calico Critters! I thought the upsidedown packing error was just too hilarious. They're the perfect size for Livs.

My grandma also has "orders" to sew me a Barbie-sized tent, sleeping bags, toe bags, fancy dresses, some normal clothes, and a human-sized doll carrying bag. I'm really excited, especially for the tent! :D

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 09:34:28 PM »
So glad to see so many replies! I know a lot of people are putting dolls on the back burner right now, especially since they're more expensive than ponies.   :(

Me, I've been getting into collecting childhood barbies. It's.. not the cheapest hobby. I'm trying to focus on all my collections at once. It's tough though. Moxie Girlz is one I wish I could add to.. but that is hard considering I can't find them anywhere.

@Grassshackgirl That little pumpkin outfit is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!! And that zombie looking doll is creepy but cool at the same time! lol

@Knibitz That teddy bear is so cute! I think it's neat that you're into making them. I love the look of old fashioned Teddy Bears.

@LuvlyMelody If you do get one, please let me know if they fit Moxie Girlz. So far, the only clothes I found to fit good are the Winx dolls and they don't have fashion packs.  >_<

@DazzleKitty I too love the Novi Stars. So far, I just have Una but I want Allie so badly. I'm thinking of putting her on my Christmas list though or waiting for a good sale. I may even like them more than La Dee Das. I just can't decide. Both are the same price but I feel both are over prices. You know? Hoping for a price drop around the holidays.

@Tiella That doll is amazing! I could never be able to afford any kind of doll like that, but if I did, I'd totally get something non human like. They're just so realistic and beautiful. I hope you end up with one. From those pictures it looks great.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal