collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Newborn So Softs...new characters  (Read 7486 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New Newborn So Softs...new characters
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2012, 07:40:04 AM »
Wait wait, are Cottenbelle and Pikie Pie really 16 cm high? o.0 That's like... a little bit more than 6 inches high. That's like the length of the palm of my hand to the tip of my pointer finger! That makes these two So-Softs seriously tiny compared to the other So-Soft MLP's, which are 'huggable' size. These ones are more like 'sit in the palm of your hand' size.

I wonder how the quality will be. Will they be as plush as the regular sized ones, or will the fabric be more stiff, more felt-like? Will they even sit up on their own, or fall over? Kids won't be able to carry them around tucked in their arm like they do with other plush dolls.

First the brushable G4 size, then blind bags and now this. I find this to be just more evidence that Hasbro is cutting more corners, making everything smaller and cheaper to save production costs, etc. :\
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2012, 08:32:53 AM »
Wait wait, are Cottenbelle and Pikie Pie really 16 cm high? o.0 That's like... a little bit more than 6 inches high. That's like the length of the palm of my hand to the tip of my pointer finger! That makes these two So-Softs seriously tiny compared to the other So-Soft MLP's, which are 'huggable' size. These ones are more like 'sit in the palm of your hand' size.

OMG, I didn't even notice the sizes until I read this post and went back to look at the pictures.  UGH, that completely erased my interest in buying Cottonbelle.  I know a lot of people do like the tiny, puney ponies, but honestly I love plushes I can cuddle.  Though I know, for a kid, these will seem a lot bigger to them lol.  I guess they're a good size for little kids who want to carry around a plush toy, but don't want to lug around a huge one.  So it *is* a good size for them.  So I think I may still get a Cottonbelle and give it to my friend's daughter.  I'm sure she'd love it!  But, man...it would have been awesome if they had made a Cottonbelle the size of Apple Sprout (she seems to be bigger, I think).  As much as I enjoy G4, I am really getting tired of everything getting smaller and smaller (meanwhile, we have Polly Pocket getting bigger and bigger...everything's all topsy turvy these days!).  Pretty soon, we'll need a microscope to view our ponies, and we'll have to cuddle our plushies using tweezers!

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 10:13:08 AM »
Apple sprout is adorable! She looks like baby Fluttershy, eyes color and all. I may buy her and pretend she's baby Fluttershy.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:37:28 AM by Brandi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 10:20:53 AM »
If the littlest ones are cheaper than the normal ones, i'll buy Cotton for sure! I don't mind cuddling with something small...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »

I wonder how the quality will be. Will they be as plush as the regular sized ones, or will the fabric be more stiff, more felt-like? Will they even sit up on their own, or fall over? Kids won't be able to carry them around tucked in their arm like they do with other plush dolls.

First the brushable G4 size, then blind bags and now this. I find this to be just more evidence that Hasbro is cutting more corners, making everything smaller and cheaper to save production costs, etc. :\

Yes they really are small...I think thats what is swaying me to really like them...I saw a picture of one holding a blind bag which showed how small they are very cute!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2012, 01:09:33 PM »
SO CUTE!! I want them all!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal