collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I screwed up on ebaaaay  (Read 4133 times)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: I screwed up on ebaaaay
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 04:43:58 AM »
Well don't be scared to message them. I checked their other listings and no other listings have this weird free shipping option so it looks like a mistake rather than a bad way to list an item. So they just need to be aware that you were allowed to pay for the free shipping.

Ask if there is a cheaper way than the express mail option given for international.

After that, it's up to you if you think the book is worth the price combined with the shipping cost. In my mind, there were two mistakes made so I see no harm in canceling. They just need to be made aware that this auction you bid on had free shipping as an option. No harm done.

what was the other mistake?  O_o

You not reading the auction? You yourself said repeatedly that you made a blunder.

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 04:50:57 AM »
Well don't be scared to message them. I checked their other listings and no other listings have this weird free shipping option so it looks like a mistake rather than a bad way to list an item. So they just need to be aware that you were allowed to pay for the free shipping.

Ask if there is a cheaper way than the express mail option given for international.

After that, it's up to you if you think the book is worth the price combined with the shipping cost. In my mind, there were two mistakes made so I see no harm in canceling. They just need to be made aware that this auction you bid on had free shipping as an option. No harm done.

what was the other mistake?  O_o

You not reading the auction? You yourself said repeatedly that you made a blunder.

Oh I thought you meant them. ahaha. OOPS! orz

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 04:54:41 AM »
I am sorry I had missed that you had already paid and got the Free Shipping.  :blush:  I thought you were still in the process of completing the transaction.

If it was a mistake on her part she may let it ride and ship the book anyways.  I guess you will hear from her if she feels there is a problem.  I know if it was my mistake I would ship it out anyways and eat the cost.  I understand that it says International contact for quote but then why do all her other listings have an exact amount for shipping?

I guess you will have to just wait and see.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 05:00:29 AM »
I am sorry I had missed that you had already paid and got the Free Shipping.  :blush:  I thought you were still in the process of completing the transaction.

If it was a mistake on her part she may let it ride and ship the book anyways.  I guess you will hear from her if she feels there is a problem.  I know if it was my mistake I would ship it out anyways and eat the cost.  I understand that it says International contact for quote but then why do all her other listings have an exact amount for shipping?

I guess you will have to just wait and see.

ACK! So wait for her or email her?

It's been over a week, I really thought she'd be  onto me if there was a problem. I had two choices of shipping, express or free normal post. Of course my stingey self chose free o///o!

This is why I stick to buy it now things lol, ugh, bidding always gets me in hot water!

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2012, 05:02:14 AM »
So it has not been marked shipped?

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 05:03:23 AM »
So it has not been marked shipped?

Nope! That screen cap was taken just like, an hour ago. Because it hasn't been marked shipped, is what made me go-

"Oh crap. Maybe I've screwed up somehow?"

After I remembered. I have a habit of buying a bunch of buy it now stuff on ebay, and forgetting what I've paid for and whatever. Usually just little things like I dunno, cat toys or back scratchers. Those cheapo things from china.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 05:05:31 AM by bagheera86 »

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 05:10:34 AM »
Hmm..then maybe you should contact her. I would honestly let her know what happened and tell her it allowed you to pay with the Free Shipping option.  Like I said she may see her mistake and still honor it.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 05:12:50 AM »
Hmm..then maybe you should contact her. I would honestly let her know what happened and tell her it allowed you to pay with the Free Shipping option.  Like I said she may see her mistake and still honor it.

Yeah. she's gonna be all 'lulz! it's taken you so long to contact me, dummy B|' i'll do it now.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 05:16:10 AM »
bagheera - Oh right, the other mistake was them making it as "free".

ponylady - For international shipping, I put a quote in there AND I say contact me before hand for exact shipping cost. Some places may cost more. I say this to cover my butt in case the cost ends up shooting up to something crazy.

Also, for a few places it ends up being cheaper. It's just a way to play it safe and to get international buyers contact me and get some talking going. Risks are a million times larger with international buyers so I like to start a conversation.

And this seems to be a super common method at least with UK sellers. I have cruised UK auctions before and see lots of "contact me for exact cost".

Let us know how they respond. I do think it would have been more professional to contact you though since they can't ship it.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2012, 05:23:00 AM »
I wouldn't stress over it because oviously she isn't being to observant either.  I mean if it has been a week already and the item shows it was paid for, you would think she would contact you???

RPB I don't.  I use calculated shipping because I know the exact weight of my items when I ship.  I have learned over the years that by adding that disclaimer it causes more confusion that what it is worth.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2012, 05:23:16 AM »
bagheera - Oh right, the other mistake was them making it as "free".

ponylady - For international shipping, I put a quote in there AND I say contact me before hand for exact shipping cost. Some places may cost more. I say this to cover my butt in case the cost ends up shooting up to something crazy.

Also, for a few places it ends up being cheaper. It's just a way to play it safe and to get international buyers contact me and get some talking going. Risks are a million times larger with international buyers so I like to start a conversation.

And this seems to be a super common method at least with UK sellers. I have cruised UK auctions before and see lots of "contact me for exact cost".

Let us know how they respond. I do think it would have been more professional to contact you though since they can't ship it.

GUYS. GUYS. IT'S MARKED AS POSTED. JUST GOT THE EMAIL...55 MINTUES AGO.

OMG
OMG
OMG

I AM THE DUMBEST OF THE DUMB. DUMB. DID I MENTION I'M DUMB? AM I TOO OLD TO CRAWL INTO BED AND HIDE WITH MUM OR GRANDMA?

ARRGHGHGHGHGHSAKLDFOISUFGHASDLFJASDLKF

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2012, 05:25:40 AM »
That's good news!  :cheer:

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2012, 05:27:44 AM »
That's good news!  :cheer:

It sure is. Except. I've already sent her the pm.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2012, 05:29:57 AM »
Oh well.  Maybe she will explain what happened?

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2012, 05:33:20 AM »
Oh well.  Maybe she will explain what happened?

Yeah. But I still sound like a pushy good for nothing buyer. orz Murphy's law at its best, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal