collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Collectors-Who/What was your very first LPS playset?  (Read 3065 times)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
G1 Collectors-Who/What was your very first LPS playset?
« on: October 09, 2012, 09:16:32 AM »
So, I am curious for those who collect the vintage ones and had them as a kid or started collecting as an adult, who was your first?  Who made you fall madly in love with G1 LPS?

For me, my very first was Happy Puppy with Puppy Carrier...he was so cute.  I had him for awhile before I got more and I took him everywhere.  After that I got all the mommy and baby sets and the Ticklish Toucan set and it just went on from there. 

So tell me what got you into it?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

sarafina

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: G1 Collectors-Who/What was your very first LPS playset?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »
Aw, I love the Happy Puppy! :) 

My first sets were the Bashful Bunny and the Hurrying Hamsters - I got them both from friends at one of my birthday parties and fell madly in love with LPS after that. :)  I remember taking those sets everywhere with me, too.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »
I'm not actually sure what my first pet was since I was 3 when they came out :) I think it was frisky kitty. I remember taking her to the mall in her carrier. And I do still have her and her carriet :) The rest of my childhood collection was very very small, just pieces of sets but i know I had the monkeys, mice, puppy necklace, sheepdog family, baby bunnies, and bashful bunny.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 05:09:46 PM »
I don't have any G1 LPSs, sadly. I had TONS as a kid. I wish I had my childhood collection back. I think they all got tossed. I can't remember what my first one was but I swear I had almost all of them. I was a spoiled rotten brat.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 05:17:54 PM »
I don't have any G1 LPSs, sadly. I had TONS as a kid. I wish I had my childhood collection back. I think they all got tossed. I can't remember what my first one was but I swear I had almost all of them. I was a spoiled rotten brat.

That's too bad.  Are you looking to get back into G1?  I am sure you were not a brat lol.  I had quite a few too and I don't think I was a brat...maybe a little spoiled...I was the youngest, but surely not a brat lol.  I was very OCD about my toys and kept as many of my childhood toys as I was able.  So, I have most of my childhood collection minus a few pieces, some of which I have no idea how they got lost.  I also have my childhood collection of Baby Buddies that I put with my LPS.  I wish I would have kept all of my vintage Puppy/Kitty in my pocket though.  For some reason I separated all of those from my LPS and got rid of them.

"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 06:34:15 PM »
the first g1 i had was the fox with the pups.
didn't even know what littlest pet shop was. just collected foxes as a child.
friend did give me a gerbil too. otherwise i only have 2 of the newer gen lps. so i have a total of 4.
still awful cute though

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 09:39:51 PM »
Happy Puppy was my first too! :D

His name is Sparky and he's lost a lot of spots from all the love he's received  ^.^

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 05:03:52 AM »

That's too bad.  Are you looking to get back into G1? 

It would be neat to have my actual childhood collection back, but I don't think I can afford to start another collection. :P
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

AnnetheCatDetective

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 08:39:37 PM »
Still love the G1 LPS... I know my first was a cat playset, but I couldn't tell you which-- I have a couple-few, and I can no longer remember what order I got them in.

(I also have the hamsters! But I know I started with cats)

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 08:10:56 AM »
I started collecting these guys when I was a little girl. I had a bunch of them and a carrying case. Sadly...I sold everybody at a yard sale once I got older. I do remember that I my very first set was the Toddling Turtles ( I think that is their name) and I loved them! I am not sure who I got next but I wanna say the Gerbils :)

Love em!

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 01:53:55 PM »
I remember when I got my Jogging Gerbils with Gerbitrail set!  I was with my aunt shopping and we were at Pamida.  She said I could pick one out and I had trouble deciding between the gerbils and the Monkey Treehouse set.  In the end I got the gerbils.  In fact I can remember when I got quite a few of the sets I had as a kid.  Such fond memories.  Now I wish I had been old enough when G1 MLP was out to have those kind of memories with those.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:32:17 AM by nessa16 »

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 10:40:43 AM »
i collect all gen's, but my first g1 was the parrot in the cage that i bought from a member here. its cute! i also remember when i was little my sister had huge play sets of them all and i was jealous of her. she had the pet shop carrying case that you open up and it looks like a pet store, and it came with food and dishes and stuff for the pets, it was cute. through the years some peices went missing, or got broken, and i eventually was able to dig it out and play with it. i think my mom threw it away though because it was just too broken from my sister storing all her barbie stuff inside it. it was fun to pack it full of stuff to take to grandma's though! i really miss those days lol

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »
Not sure! It was either the jogging gerbils or happy puppy, the black one. I do remember getting the hurrying hamster set for my 10th birthday in 1993. Other sets I had as a kid were the pink pet shop playset and the cutesy kittens.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal