collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone know how DHL works?  (Read 31534 times)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Anyone know how DHL works?
« on: October 08, 2012, 08:18:35 AM »
I have a package coming to me with them and I've never once used them before. I can't figure out how or when my package is getting delivered even with the tracking! I can't find any delivery times/days on their website anywhere. All I can find is something about possibly being delivered with the regular mail (which doesn't run today) but I don't know if they always deliver with the mail or only sometimes. My tracking status currently says "With delivery courier". Does anyone know if that means it should be here today? Or does it just mean it's headed to my PO and will be here tomorrow with my mail?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:20:30 AM by kaoskat »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
Re: Anyone know how DHL works?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 08:33:04 AM »
I think that DHL sometimes passes packages on to the US Postal Service to get them to your door-- If it's out with the carrier, chances are that it will be delivered to your house by USPS tomorrow! :)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 11:22:38 AM »
As far as I understand, in the USA, DHL is not a full courier service - they often pass it onto the USPS to deliver.   Which sort of defeats the whole purpose of shipping via courier! 

And shipping internationally with DHL causes the recipient a large fee on top of any customs charge that might be due!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 01:13:32 PM »
I am pretty sure LBS is right about everything she said.  :)

I personally think I have ever only had one package delivered by them and if my memory serves me right my USPS carrier delivered it to me.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 03:43:28 PM »
Well, I gave up trying to figure things out and called DHL and they said it would be here today but it's still not here. *sighs and waits*

Edit: I called again and talked to a dude instead of just a computer so I could make SURE it was coming today and to find out how long to wait. He said it is being delivered today and they try to have residential deliveries finished by 8. So hopefully in the next 2 hours or so.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:52:03 PM by kaoskat »

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 07:19:23 PM »
Hopefully your parcel will show up soon then Kat  :hug:  *eyes clock * you might even have it already :)

And shipping internationally with DHL causes the recipient a large fee on top of any customs charge that might be due!

Hmm that may be true for some countries, but I'm in the UK, and I had a parcel delivered to me via DHL from someone in Venezuela last week, and I did not get charged anything (thankfully :P;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 03:24:02 AM »
DHL has several ways to deliver. In Sweden small parcels sent by private persons often show up at the postoffices or special service stations and need to be picked up there. But sometimes they come knocking on the door with it as well. I never learn when is what and how. I know IKEA (at least here in Sweden) use them to deliver purchases made online and they deliver to the door.

But I am vary of DHL. First time I was expecting a package from them, I got a text that my item was delievered at the service station and an adress where that was. Just that the adress didn't exist. The only place in entire Sweden where it existed was on their website. I was able to figure out which store handled DHLs packages, but I was pretty turned off that they didn't have the right adress on their own website, not very professional imo.

I hope your parcel showed up anyhow. I know how annoying the wait is. :hug:

Offline SunSnail

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 07:44:38 AM »
My mind is being silly because I'm sleepy-- when I read your subject, it sounded like the first part of a lame joke.

Q) Anyone know how DHL works?

A) Slowly!  :biggrin:
Happily Trading Ponies since 2003!!!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »
Any updates?

I've had just a few packages delivered directly by DHL over the last few years.

I've found a couple in the bushes in front of our gate, seriously. Inside our gate is pretty secure as long as the delivery person actually closes the gate after leaving. The porch is then not visible from the street. But to not even enter the gate is beyond me....The gate is not locked and we don't have a dog either.

I've also gotten post-it notifications, similar to UPS and FedEx tags, when they need a signature and the packages were re-delivered.

Good luck!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 11:33:10 AM »
I have done a few transactions with DHL where I work. 

They are generally a business to business courier, they do often employ a 3rd party to deliver - especially to domestic addresses, so chances are, it won't be a DHL van coming to your house.

If you need to telephone them, and need to speak to a person rather than a machine, just hit and hold zero when the robot starts reading out the "press 1 for this" speech.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 03:58:24 PM »
Kat, DHL really doesn't work. My husband took international shipping calls for them for 2 years-LOL.
I hope things are OK for you now.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal