collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does it look like Blind Bags are all we're ever going to get?  (Read 12447 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Does it look like Blind Bags are all we're ever going to get?
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2012, 03:50:04 PM »
I am losing interest in G4 because of the huge lack of new brushable characters, which is sad because G4 is what got me into MLP  :mad:.

It's hard to say, although I think compared to previous generations we are getting a fair amount of brushables. That said, it's almost a given that the blind bags are going to be the thing that they'll push for awhile. Simply because of it being the most bought mlp toy by bronies.

Oh gosh no...in comparison to G1, G2 and G3, the new characters ratio in brushables is horrendous...the only thing G4 is beating right now is G3.5 and the end of G3 during Core 7.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2012, 04:18:43 PM »
We must be patient. I would like to see some more too, but no need for doubt. I'm sure the g4 brushable line isn't going to disappear.

It's just really cheap and easy to make blindbags compared to brushables so they're probably just getting trigger happy at the factory.

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2012, 06:21:46 PM »
We must be patient. I would like to see some more too, but no need for doubt. I'm sure the g4 brushable line isn't going to disappear.

It's just really cheap and easy to make blindbags compared to brushables so they're probably just getting trigger happy at the factory.
Not to mention blind bags are quicker to make too:P
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2012, 08:14:23 PM »
i think they are getting ready for holiday release.. and also i think that g5's are actually going to come into production soon and g4 will be gone. just my opinion

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2012, 08:52:37 AM »
I am losing interest in G4 because of the huge lack of new brushable characters, which is sad because G4 is what got me into MLP  :mad:.

It's hard to say, although I think compared to previous generations we are getting a fair amount of brushables. That said, it's almost a given that the blind bags are going to be the thing that they'll push for awhile. Simply because of it being the most bought mlp toy by bronies.

Oh gosh no...in comparison to G1, G2 and G3, the new characters ratio in brushables is horrendous...the only thing G4 is beating right now is G3.5 and the end of G3 during Core 7.

Agreed. Heck by the end of the first year of the G3 line there was 24 separate characters. By the end of the second year there was almost 100! Yes, literally there was over 90 different characters!

In comparison, at the end of the first two years for the G4's there was only about 20 or so distinct characters...

i think they are getting ready for holiday release.. and also i think that g5's are actually going to come into production soon and g4 will be gone. just my opinion

HIGHLY doubtful. The producers of the show have pretty much confirmed they are working on at least two more seasons (they have assured people that the seasons after the shortened season 3 will be regular length, which heavily implies we're going to be seeing at least two more years of the show.)

And I very much doubt Hasbro will change the toys so much so that they will no longer follow the show. That's what's pulling both kids and adults to buy the toys. A tv-tie in is a huge boost in sales for a toy company. I can't see how Hasbro would change the toy style until after the show ends.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2012, 09:02:12 AM »
Didnd't G1 and G2 start off slow in their early years? I wouldn't expect to see a million new ponies at once like G3, and I thought everyone here compared everything to G1! All I know is a lie!
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2012, 09:20:42 AM »
really, why's that? considering how well the show and the toy line is doing, I really doubt it. Hasbro has a new fanbase- I don't think they are going to change anything drastically, because they want to keep these new fans.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2012, 09:50:15 AM »

I agree!

I feel like some people are just in a rush for new things. Though some have said that compared to earlier gens there are less new character releases I feel like we really have a ton of stuff! It does seem like a lot of BBs lately but I mean G4 is only 2 years old and I already have three 3-shelf bookcases and a cabinet dedicated to my G4 pony toys, including I believe over 40 unique character brushables. It seems like plenty to me in that amount of time.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 03:14:29 PM by 3377345 »

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2012, 09:53:41 AM »
Yeah, over 40 new characters is impressive to me compared to G3.5 and late G3, I think some of us take for granted how many unique ponies were in the earlier gens, when honestly,  since around 2007, we barely had any new ones until G4 decided to go back to making more ponies.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2012, 02:33:46 PM »
I dont believe that the argument is that there are not enough new characters - you are both right there are plenty of blind bags. I think the discussion is more, are other elements of the line looking as though they are a little neglected in comparison to blind bags. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2012, 09:19:07 PM »
I am happy that this current wave is giving us 4 new brushables (the traveling ponies only gave us two).   Hasbro has also given us the nightmare moon pack and Zecora (as hard as they are to find).  A few waves ago we got 4 to 5 new ponies per wave as well.  Things have slowed down recently, hopefully to assess the market. Let's hope things pick up in the next few waves, maybe things are being kept secret :)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2012, 12:38:25 AM »
i think joey has the most valid point i've seen so far. they are probably evaluating the market and seeing what will sell the best and how they should package things. who knows what they might do.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2012, 01:51:36 PM »
I too am hoping that brushables and FS pick up- especially this last wave of ponies has just been flying off the shelf- and the exclusives are also in extremely high demand and have been since they came out.  This seems to suggest that the market for MLP toys is doing really well-

This will hopefully translate into stores making more orders for MLP products from Hasbro...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal