collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does it look like Blind Bags are all we're ever going to get?  (Read 12440 times)

DerbyGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Does it look like Blind Bags are all we're ever going to get?
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 05:10:39 AM »
I only buy blind bags...lol. Easier on my budget and space. Plus all the color is something I adore. But some changes really need to be made to them, like NoPonySpecial said.

All the exclusives of late (for all G4 stuff) has been driving me crazy. xD

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 05:16:52 AM »
I was sort of worried about this too. Don't get me wrong, I adore the blind bag ponies and think they make a fun little collecton in addition to the brushables, but I definitely prefer the regular ponies. Maybe they are trying to be more discreet and not let as much stuff about future brushables leak? They may also not make anymore until after the holidays. A lot of new stuff has appeared on shelves in the last few weeks. Must be the holiday lineup, perhaps?
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 12:51:11 PM »
I think they need to release every pony that they have made into a blindbag as a brushable....
I agree 100%.

...they feel more like the inexpensive free toy in a cereal box than an actual my little pony. MLP for me is about plastic ponies with brushable hair and blind bags dont fill that for me.
Also agreed 100%.  Even before I was collecting MLP I knew that was the very core of the brand: pastel-colored ponies with brushable hair.  It's what I expect to see from MLP.

I know there's a group screaming for "show-accurate" molded hair.  And I don't mind that one line (in this case the blind bags) is molded hair (brushable hair on such a small scale would be challenging, and probably impossible for the intended price point) but that doesn't mean Hasbro needs to stop the new brushables completely.
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 01:11:46 PM »
i use to be a blind bag addict but now im over them big time, i wish they would stop making them, its getting to worrying :(
i look up at my 4 waves of blind bags all squished together fulling of the shelves and its just looks messy now.
iv bought most of mine overseas cos they are $5 here
they have died of here in nz and didnt get past wave 1 cos what child wants to collect such a small non brushable piece of plastic for $5 each and no playsets etc.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Reverend Strone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 03:16:09 PM »
Seriously, I'm getting worried. Lately the "leaked" ponies have all been either Mane 6 or Blind Bags. Don't get me wrong, I love Blind Bags, but I'd like to see more brushables! Any thoughts, guys?

I have a friend who visited Hasbro's Rhode Island offices last week as part of his work as a retail toy buyer and he talked with them about MLP.  He''s seen a bunch of what's coming next year (some of which should be revealed at New York Comic Con this week BTW).  He was understandably guarded and not willing to get into specifics with me on account of the risk of jeopardizing his position, but what he was willing to say was that the minis are where Hasbro is seeing the action happening.  They're moving like nothing else can, so expect to see a LOT of focus on the mini surprise bag sized ponies in the next twelve months.  He said it was really cool stuff, though he's not a show enthusiast so he isn't familiar with the characters.  That said, he gets it, because when we were talking about 2012's stuff he felt the highlights were 'the granny pony with the walker and Andy Warhol as a pony', so I think I can rely on his taste.  :D   

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 03:25:59 PM »
I hate to say. Sorry I'm just not a brushable person. :blush: (If there is a Fashion Style Big Mac, that would be the only one I'd get!) I'm more of a Blind Bag person because I find the Blind Bag Ponies are soooo cute and worth collecting!

But I think that brushables take longer to make. The BB ponies is all about molds with painting hair and stamping eyes and cutie marks. I think the brushables have a bigger process on creation. (I'm just going by what I think...I could be wrong.)

Oh, and people for blind bags: always order or preorder the case! Easiest way to get em!^^
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 03:32:32 PM »
so.. if  all were going to be getting is blind bag ponys form now on..  i  guess i wont be getting any new ponys.  lol  i'll just focus on completing my   gen 1 and  3  collections.  i  have 1 set of Blind bag  ponys and i'm happy with that.  i dont really see the need to collect more and its a little sad that all the  doing is small ponys. but we all know little kids. as soon  as a kid  puts one in there mouth and trys to swallow it (we all know that  evntually it will happen) then i hope that  they will  go back to  normal.  i mean   they stoppd doing the petites for a reason. 

but these are just my thoughts..

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 03:36:54 PM »
Well if they only do blindbags and brushable Mane 6, my G4 collection shall be quite small indeed.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2012, 03:37:34 PM »
so.. if  all were going to be getting is blind bag ponys form now on..  i  guess i wont be getting any new ponys.  lol  i'll just focus on completing my   gen 1 and  3  collections.  i  have 1 set of Blind bag  ponys and i'm happy with that.  i dont really see the need to collect more and its a little sad that all the  doing is small ponys. but we all know little kids. as soon  as a kid  puts one in there mouth and trys to swallow it (we all know that  evntually it will happen) then i hope that  they will  go back to  normal.  i mean   they stoppd doing the petites for a reason. 

but these are just my thoughts..
They put an age limit on the blind bag ponies (age 3 and up). So I don't think it would happen cause of that. Irresponsibility of parent anyway...
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2012, 03:41:49 PM »
I actually love the blind bag/little pony sets- they are so cute and fit anywhere- if I get sick of them I can pack the entire set up into a lunchbox :D

I love the FS and brushables too of course- given how these things have been selling I highly doubt we have seen the end of them- 

I am thinking that they will re-release a bunch of stuff in time for Christmas- and we won't see much in the way of new characters and brushables until after the February 2013 ToyFair - (except the occasional oddity like that horrible talking pinkie)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 03:46:04 PM »
Ever since I saw Hasbro released unique molds for the blind bag sized ponies I realized with a sinking feeling that this is the size they're going to be focusing their attention from now on...

When the blind bags first came out I wanted them all. I have all of wave 1 and wave 3 and most of wave 4 (since wave 2 isn't released in the US as of yet). However, when I saw the unique molds coming out for the show characters, my interest in the blind bags dipped sharply. I am NOT interested in collecting only blind bag figures. Since that seems to be where Hasbro is focusing their efforts, my pony spending is going to go down sharply.

This is like Core 7 all over again... -_-
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »
Seriously, I'm getting worried. Lately the "leaked" ponies have all been either Mane 6 or Blind Bags. Don't get me wrong, I love Blind Bags, but I'd like to see more brushables! Any thoughts, guys?

I have a friend who visited Hasbro's Rhode Island offices last week as part of his work as a retail toy buyer and he talked with them about MLP.  He''s seen a bunch of what's coming next year (some of which should be revealed at New York Comic Con this week BTW).  He was understandably guarded and not willing to get into specifics with me on account of the risk of jeopardizing his position, but what he was willing to say was that the minis are where Hasbro is seeing the action happening.  They're moving like nothing else can, so expect to see a LOT of focus on the mini surprise bag sized ponies in the next twelve months.  He said it was really cool stuff, though he's not a show enthusiast so he isn't familiar with the characters.  That said, he gets it, because when we were talking about 2012's stuff he felt the highlights were 'the granny pony with the walker and Andy Warhol as a pony', so I think I can rely on his taste.  :D   

Really? Gosh - thats a change in plan from just a few days ago. Hasbro are not exhibiting and obviously have no exclusives other than one in association with Marvel. I know they are doing a MLP panel on Thursday and are having a press event on the night prior to first day but it seems to be that the focus is on the new GI Joe Kreos and other "boy line" brands. However if they are now intending to show some MLP product as well that will be really interesting. Cant wait to see yay! :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2012, 04:46:40 PM »
this is disappointing. they are now catering to the bronies instead of their original intended audience, little girls. this is a dramatic change :/ Because, let's face it, the bronies love the blind bags, they buy them up.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2012, 05:10:19 PM »
Well if they only do blindbags and brushable Mane 6, my G4 collection shall be quite small indeed.

Indeed.  -_- Makes me sad especially as I've fallen so in love with the brushables!  :cry: I guess a focus on blind bags that I don't really want more of will mean I can focus on/save up for the harder-to-find brushables on my wishlist...  :huh: Man, I wish we could just have lots of both so everyone could have something they love!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2012, 05:16:19 PM »
If blind bags is all we're going to get, then my g4 collecting days are pretty much over.  And I don't think I'd be the only collector saying that.

They're cute and all but I'd rather pay the extra money to get an actual pony.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal