collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does it look like Blind Bags are all we're ever going to get?  (Read 12439 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does it look like Blind Bags are all we're ever going to get?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 12:02:50 AM »
Why not make it the best of both worlds, make Blind Bag ponies into regular size brushables and give brushables the same poses the Blind Bag ponies have? I would love to have a brushable pegasus or earth pony that's in a rearing pose or a trotting pose unicorn/earth pony.

This this this! I like the blind bags (although just the glittery ones because sparkly) but I'm in love with the brushables. There are tons of bb ponies that I would HAVE to have if they were made into brushables. But... no.  -_-
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 12:59:27 AM »
I'm wondering if maybe they're waiting for the new show season? I mean, the last ones came out after the whole royal wedding, so maybe they'll get new ones soon? At least, I hope so!

Blind bags seem like something you would get as an impulse buy or something to appease a child when you don't want to get something more expensive. Honestly, though, if you have the choice of a $2 tiny pony that's easily lost or a $5 brushable, I'd go with the brushable.

Blind bags were cute to begin with but with only a few poses and limited detail they're kind of visually boring and you can't really play with them.

If they came with a more variety of poses and mostly hair styles, I think I'd like them more. There's so many of them that look like Pinkie Pie fell into a box of crayons..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 01:35:15 AM »
If we're stuck with just BBs (I do like them, I'm an addict for tiny plastic things), we really should get some new poses. A Fluttershy one at least.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 02:25:26 AM »
That's why i don't collect BBs, i only want those i really like, like Minty and Minuette. However i wouldn't like those either if they existed as brushables ;;
I agree, i like how the blind bags have poses, but i'd prefer regular ponies with poses.

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 06:28:29 AM »
Yeah, it really bothers me how most of the new stuff we see is blindbag stuff, I'm not really a fan of them. All the brushables may just be Mane 6 recolours, but at least you can do whatever you want with their hair to make them different.

I would love to see some nice playsets for the blindbags, of the locations in the cartoon. Not something I'd buy, though.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 09:03:48 AM »
Yeah, it really bothers me how most of the new stuff we see is blindbag stuff, I'm not really a fan of them. All the brushables may just be Mane 6 recolours, but at least you can do whatever you want with their hair to make them different.
This!

That's another thing, their hair is molded. I've gotten too used to their hairstyle to be able to know whose who. With brushable hair you can style it anyway you want to stand out, rather than having a bunch of recolors.

I might be the only one that thinks this, but no matter what color scheme they are or what symbols they get or what their name is, to me, Minty will always be an applejack with a green pelt and pink and white hair and Starswirl will always be a pinkie pie with a blue pelt and pink and purple hair, and so on. (best example I can think up of; Fluttershy will always be Ranibowdash with a haircut)
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 09:06:57 AM »
This!

That's another thing, their hair is molded. I've gotten too used to their hairstyle to be able to know whose who. With brushable hair you can style it anyway you want to stand out, rather than having a bunch of recolors.

I might be the only one that thinks this, but no matter what color scheme they are or what symbols they get or what their name is, to me, Minty will always be an applejack with a green pelt and pink and white hair and Starswirl will always be a pinkie pie with a blue pelt and pink and purple hair, and so on. (best example I can think up of; Fluttershy will always be Ranibowdash with a haircut)

Yeah even within the blind-bag line why is Hasbro making OBSCURE one-use molds for "spa" ponies, "hotity totyies" "photo finish" ponies.... when they could be doing "Reusable" molds, like different hair, more boys,  for lots more characters... ugh... it just doesn't compute.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 09:24:21 AM »
It's the main 6 re-releases Aaaallll Over again, this time you get more different colors! Woo! =_=;

Yeah even within the blind-bag line why is Hasbro making OBSCURE one-use molds for "spa" ponies, "hotity totyies" "photo finish" ponies.... when they could be doing "Reusable" molds, like different hair, more boys,  for lots more characters... ugh... it just doesn't compute.

That's a good idea.

They should at least make 2-3 non Main 6 related molds with different hair styles and alter the ratio of poses to one wave.

One wave is about 24 ponies, 4 of each main 6 pose. Lessen the number of main 6 poses to 2 and add 4, 2 new non-main 6 molds to replace the 4 that were taken out. Or better yet, take out the main 6 poses and come up with 6 new ponies and poses that aren't main 6 and implement them into the BB variety.

I like I said, I don't collect the blindbags, but the people who DO, deserve more than just recolors of the main 6. >,>;

BTT: We also need more brushables!! >=(
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 09:33:45 AM »
They need to make more brushables !!!! Yes so I can spend more money and be broke even longer :)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »
I love the blind bags, but yeah, they're totally over doing it.  I can't keep up any more.  I still don't have any of series 2, I missed series 4 some how (despite pre-ordering it) and they just keep coming.  I guess they're selling best, which is why they keep making them.  Plus they're most likely cheaper to produce, they have very basic packaging and no hair or anything.  But still, I'd like some other ponies, and I'd like there to be less blind bags.

RedSH

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »
I am a blind bag addict. But in this past month I have become a brushables addict. Yes, they need MORE. MORE!!! I think they need to release every pony that they have made into a blindbag as a brushable....

Definitely this!! 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 12:57:11 PM »
I'm sure it is based on what the stores are ordering-

The best way of making an impact on what you want- is to contact the store itself- write a letter or send an email to Target/Walmart/K-Mart/etc. - advising what you want them to carry-  believe me, every comment matters... 

Also- the buying department orders way ahead of time- so I am actually hopeful we will have more brushables and FS ponies based on the fact that most stores are having a hard time even keeping them stocked on the shelf.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:58:43 PM by Galactica »

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 01:00:01 PM »
Man, I'd love a Brushable  Minuette and Tea Love like whoa.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 04:23:08 PM »
I would guess blind bags are selling well and they are also probably the best profit margin product across the whole line - hence the attention being paid to them. Personally, I think they are completely over doing it - it is practically impossible to keep up with the constant new waves and despite lots of new characters they are becoming boring. Cheap and always in one of 5 poses...other than one accessory pack [which was simply all G3.5 & G3 ponyville recasts]...they feel more like the inexpensive free toy in a cereal box than an actual my little pony. MLP for me is about plastic ponies with brushable hair and blind bags dont fill that for me.

I understand HBs need to keep the main 6 available at all times and I fully expect every other wave of playful ponies we see in the future will be these ladies a slightly different way, with alternate waves featuring 2 to 4 of the original 6 hopefully along side a new character or 2. But some new brushable characters every now and again doesnt seem too much to ask. 2012/2013 has only seen a dozen or so new brushables in total so far!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »
I'm  kind of on the other side, as the only G4s figures I collect are the blind bag figures. So these updates do excite me. However, I must agree with a few points:
-needs more molds, BIG TIME.
-There really are way too many. I certainly have no interest in collecting them all, especially with all the repeats. I love Cherry Spices, but was there really demand for her to be in a new pose? And multiple Trixies and Lyras?
I'll put something here some time

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal