collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Halloween Contest! (Winner up pg 10)  (Read 7733 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Halloween Contest! (Winner up pg 10)
« on: October 06, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »
Hey guys,

I think you're used to the fact I'm digging holding contests once a month. It's time for another one and this contest will be spooky fun!
 I'm not going to put restrictions on your photo really just a few things.
Rules
1) It must include ponies any generation you would like (including Nirvanas and customs)
2) some sort of Halloween theme be it ponies with Jack-O-Lanterns or ponies in Halloween costume.
3) Other toys and fun things may be included, but ponies should be the main focus
4)Two pictures for your entry only. You're welcome to show me more of the pictures you liked, but pick two main ones. You may edit or change your pictures during the photo submission time. Simply edit the images in your post. The last day at midnight is when I'll finally take your pictures as final submissions.
5) Creativity Creativity! I know how it is to lack proper photography equipment, and I'm judging more on the ideas and things included in the photo not the quality of the photo itself.
6) Photo explanation: A few sentences or even a paragraph explaining the picture.

Prizes
I always tend to do random prizes, but I'll give you a bit of a hint here. I might have choices for you to pick from or they will more than likely be surprises.
G4 pony item
1 G1 pony rehair (I rehair a lot!)
Halloween fun items...and maybe one more little surprise.

Because I want to make one really lovely box this time there will only be one place for my first place winner. That way I can focus on one box instead of multiple ones.  ;)

Dates
10/5/12-11/1/12: Picture submissions (I'm giving that one extra day after Halloween since I'm sure people will be busy on the holiday)
11/2/12- winner announced (slight delay working on it)
11/3-11/24- shipment of prize (I'm giving myself a bit of time here to finish wrapping things up and getting items together to fit my individual winner. You guys know I'm a slow poke!) :P

Form
Similar to my other contest please fill out this form. I'd prefer if it was in the same post with your picture submissions. That way I can look at everything all at once.

Favorite Halloween candy:
Halloween items you like:
Halloween items you dislike and definitely do not want:
Do you customize and like hair or bait ponies?:
Interests or other items you collect that could be included:

NOW BATTLE WITH YOUR HALLOWEEN PICTURES I SAY!  :devious:

Wow guys! This was an awesome turn out, and if I'm not mistaken around 35 pictures were submitted for the contest! I want to thank everyone that participated, and judging is underway. I'm picking my favorites out and having the wife settle which is the best. It's a bit tougher this round only picking one!  I hope to have it announced tonight or sometime Tuesday.

I really want to applaud everyone on their amazing effort. This was a wonderful turnout, and I hope you'll all participate again for the Christmas contest...not sure what that will entail.  :lookround:

To tide everyone over here is a photobucket link (should work tell me if it doesn't) containing all contestant pictures. It makes it easier for me to flip through and looking. I thought everyone else might also enjoy taking a gander at the lovely work here.

Note: Not all pictures are labeled with the owner just yet. I'm still working on it, and if you notice a picture missing give me a nudge. I'll fix it.

here
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:34:14 PM by madhatterda »
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween Contest! (Prizes woo!)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 11:56:04 AM »
hmm im in! ill edit my post at a later date with pics... gonna have to do some thinking and prolly a lot of construction once i get an idea i like.

so for now heres my form:

Favorite Halloween candy: hmm... i like gummy things and crunchy/ricey chocolate. HATE dark or white chocolate tho.
Halloween items you like: not really sure, i like a bit of everything. love kittys so black cats are fun, spiders and spiderweb stuff, i couldnt really tell ya lol
Halloween items you dislike and definitely do not want: nothin comes to mind.
Do you customize and like hair or bait ponies?: yes and yes. =P i can always use hair, fun paints, rhinestones, and bait bait bait! only really plan on working with G1s, the occasional G4 brushables, and maybe some blind bag repaints tho. i like G3s but dont really have much interest in them.
Interests or other items you collect that could be included: i love love love snowleopards and Kitsunes (multi-tailed foxes) i love nerdy stuff- vintage nintendo game stuff like Mario characters (my favorites: Bobomb, koopas, and goombahs), im always looking for 'black mage vivi' stuff from final fantasy for the bf... pretty much any of the old roleplaying videogames and stuff related to it... im a bit of an anime geek.. Chobits, Inu yasha, Cardcaptors, the list goes on and on... i love popples and staple pullers (shut up theyre cute) and anything sparkley and shiney (glitter is evil tho!) and Keys! can never have enough skeleton key or old lock type stuff! ill stop there or ill just keep rambling about everything.

well i gotta get ready for company now, its gamenight, (yay roleplaying!) ill start brainstorming on halloween ideas =P

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 11:57:18 AM »
Wish I could take part. Good luck with the contest!!! :D

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 12:08:53 PM »
Haha Elu I'm excited to see what you come up with crazy woman. :lookround:

Thanks Kiss! I think it should end up being lots of fun. I should make Halloween costumes for my ponies. :lol:

Formerly Maddie

Offline celticowgirl88

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 12:20:52 PM »
Yahoo! Gotta get something fun together!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Heddwyn ~ Castor

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 12:21:32 PM »
This sounds really fun!
 I'll edit my post later with a picture too if that's alright.

Favorite Halloween candy: I live mini Kit-Kat bars
Halloween items you like: Black cats stuff, pumpkins (need not to be real)
Halloween items you dislike and definitely do not want: No devil stuff.
Do you customize and like hair or bait ponies?: Yes.
Interests or other items you collect that could be included: Wonder Woman, Hello Kitty, Sailor Moon.

Here's my first picture, please ignore the messy background :cry:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:19:59 PM by ember86 »
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 12:46:25 PM »
must do this!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 01:34:11 PM »
ooo such a fun idea! :D
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 02:01:26 PM »
Ooh! This sounds like so much fun! I'll have to try and fit this into my preparations! Ehehe :D Will you make one epic picture post with the top pictures or submissions? Even if we can't participate, it would be so cool to see everybody's pictures. :)

Offline Pony Adventures

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • IRL Pony Adventures
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 02:53:40 PM »
This is marvelous! Can the pictures be of your Halloween costume (ie cosplay of a pony)? Or does it have to be drawings or photos OF ponies in costume? Or is it so open-ended to include all of these ideas and more?

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 03:44:39 PM »
Omgosh this is gonna be totally awesome!!

Favorite Halloween candy: Chocolate
Halloween items you like: anything halloweenish, ratties, bats.
Halloween items you dislike and definitely do not want: hard candy
Do you customize and like hair or bait ponies?: yesssssssssssss
Interests or other items you collect that could be included: Shiny stuff, glittery stuff, stars...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 03:46:59 PM by mlp4me »

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 05:39:59 PM »
Yahoo! Gotta get something fun together!
Wonderful Celtic I look forward to seeing it! ^.^

Ember:
It's completely acceptable to edit in your photos later. Excited to have you since now I know you some from the swap. :lol:

Dragon, Jazz

Keiko: I will try, last picture contest I did I saved everything into a photobucket album and put tags for the participant names.

MLP
Yes Yes Yes! I love your pictures. I'm sure you'll blow me away. ^.^

Pony Adventures
Hmm the main thing must be using the toy ponies. If you can incorporate other things in there that's great, but mostly about the ponies. I hope that helps.

Formerly Maddie

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »
I was actually thinking about doing a custom for Halloween anyway! I'll edit my post with my submissions if you do not mind?

Favorite Halloween candy: Candy Corn! Candy apple suckers! Any dark chocolates~
Halloween items you like: Glitter makeup! Bats if not too tacky.  GLOW IN THE DARK anything!
Halloween items you dislike and definitely do not want: Things with spider webs or witch designs...
Do you customize and like hair or bait ponies?: I want to get into customizing and I need a reroot tool...I really need some pastel hair for my customs (pink for bowtie restore too)
Interests or other items you collect that could be included: Pokemon (Raichu is my fave~ :heart:) Monster High, anything Kawaii~!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:40:34 AM by brittney_rochelle »

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 08:51:26 PM »
This is 100% my own photo... it is 3+ years old.... does it still count?

Favorite Halloween candy:Tootsie Rolls, Twix, Snickers, Twizzlers, Sourpatch, sweedish fish, Starburst, Skittles, Chew Airheads, Nerds... I like most non- chocolate candies.

Halloween items you like: Candy. I don't celebrate Halloween, so please no Halloween decorations. I will take glowsticks though.

Halloween items you dislike and definitely do not want: Anything sacrilegious. I don't care for Halloween items.

Do you customize and like hair or bait ponies?: No. I will however take real tails that have been removed and are still soft & silky.

Interests or other items you collect that could be included: Lady Lovely Locks, Lego, Starwars.

This is NOT a contest photo, but this is under the cobweb:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:55:59 PM by ChipsteRJ »

Offline Dandy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • lumpy
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 10:10:26 PM »
What a cute idea! Good luck everyone. ^^ I'd enter, but I have no camera. XD heh~
formerly "Jevsy" (prior to April 2017)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal