collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need help on ebay purchase  (Read 6055 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Need help on ebay purchase
« on: October 06, 2012, 09:20:52 AM »
I won this auction on September:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-yards-Red-Tartan-Plaid-wool-flannel-54-wide-NICE-fabric-/300776580206

I received the fabric quickly and left positive feedback. Today (a week after I got it) I was measuring it out and realize it's only 2 yards and 20 inches, not 5 yards as stated. I know I should have measured it before and honestly wouldn't have cared much if it had been like 1/2 yard short but I'm missing almost half of what I paid for!

I keep waffling on what I should do. I would like a partial refund as I'm missing half my purchase but then again the fabric is def. a wool fabric and with free shipping I still got a really good deal. Plus it was my fault for not measuring it when I first got it. Then again I'm missing half of what I thought I was getting :huh:

Should I ask for a partial refund or should I just suck it up?
  I'm having a similar problem, I paid for a Apple jack Fashion Style ,I got her and When I opened the package it was dirty :(, I wiped off with one of those clorox wipes,It seems the package was handled with greasy hands, so the finger prints won't go away and to top it off there is a smell ,like it was in a smokers house for a while,Ebay case is open ,not sure if they will give me a partial refund which is what i want before i can it open it and keep it, but if they don't then i would want a full refund and send it back .
would hate to return it ,I do not see any Apple Jacks anywhere , only used :(

Mod note: Split topic due to it being it's own issue other than the original posters. PonyLady

Post Merge: October 06, 2012, 10:15:28 AM

oops sorry about making you work :(

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:15:28 AM by Houstonbrony72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Need help on ebay purchase
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:11:43 PM »
No worries  :hug:  , and I'm sorry to hear about your disappointing purchase.  I especially dislike when an item arrives smelling of smoke and there is no warning about it being from a smoking household in the listing. some people are very allergic to smoke  :(    Since there is an ebay case already open , there isnt much else to do at the moment but wait for the seller to respond. Hopefully they will be willing to work with you and the case can be  closed quickly .

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »
I have a question, are you trying to work with your seller before opening a case? Are you writing them to tell them there is a problem? It sounds like you are just opening cases because you are unhappy, but I wasn't sure. Its always a good idea to give a seller a chance to make things right.  In all honestly when it comes to G4 ponies they are often full of greasy black marks and that may not be the sellers fault.  Smoke smell will be though and its a good idea to always ask before purchasing if your item needs to be smoke free.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 06:23:59 PM »
I have a question, are you trying to work with your seller before opening a case? Are you writing them to tell them there is a problem? It sounds like you are just opening cases because you are unhappy, but I wasn't sure. Its always a good idea to give a seller a chance to make things right.  In all honestly when it comes to G4 ponies they are often full of greasy black marks and that may not be the sellers fault.  Smoke smell will be though and its a good idea to always ask before purchasing if your item needs to be smoke free.
i did i contacted the seller first and never heard from them , so i opened the case and then the same , they are just stating it was in perfect condition when they sent it, i do want to keep it ,so i cleaned it and try to get rid of the smell , but the smell is on the box it came in , i was intending to keep it in the box but i might want to debox it after all ! The risk is what if even after i open it the smell remains and i won't be able to return it open ;( ! 
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 06:30:28 PM »
yes when it comes to smoke it may be in the box too....I hate that.  I have not had much luck with Ebay pushing for partials as they have told me in the trust and safety department that they frown on those due to the fact that its a way for buyers to keep merchandise and pay less for it. They don't really like partial refunds, they would prefer all sellers to full refunds.  Its up to the seller on whether or not they will do a partial..not ebay.  Ebay will issue a full refund when the merchandise is returned if the seller doesn't respond to the case.  Sorry your seller isn't responding.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 08:00:46 AM »
Really.

Just. Really.

First of all, you are a complete liar saying I never responded to any of your emails. I responded to your initial email within hours, requesting pictures. I went to bed for the night, went to work next morning, I come home and a case is filed against me less than 24 hours later. Now I have a negative balance in paypal and no way to ship the items I recently sold, so thanks for the aggravation. I would have just told you to return in in the begining, but no, you had to open a case, which now I am unable to refund you even if you asked for a partial, which you did not.

Second, The item was fine. There was nothing wrong with the box, I do not smoke, no one in my household smokes. The item was wrapped in a plastic bag right after purchase from the store. This is a toy, and often new toys have strange plastic smells. In your first email you state the box is damaged, but now your saying it is sticky, so which is it?

Third. You should have contacted me before your attempted to 'clean' anything. I think you might have seen some sticker price residue and tried to remove it with Clorox bleach and damage the box. If you want a refund send it back in the original condition it was recieved in.

I realize I sound like a flaming bitch right now, but I'm tired of buyers trying to get something for free. $45 partial refund? I don't think so.

Third,

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 08:06:52 AM »
Just goes to show there are two sides to every story.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 08:07:54 AM »
 i did i contacted the seller first and never heard from them , so i opened the case and then the same , they are just stating it was in perfect condition when they sent it, 
[/quote]

Just saw this. So, I didn't respond to any emails, but somehow I said it was in perfect condition? You are a liar, and I don't believe anything you are claiming. I think you intended to open it anyway, but because it was the only one on ebay, bought it mib and now want a refund so you are only paying for a loose one.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 08:14:19 AM »
You  know its interesting Closet, because I was very suspicious they were doing this.  The way they were wording the whole issue of opening cases seemed to suggest to me they were not really giving their seller a chance.  Its really best to give a seller time before opening a case and ebay does look at the cases people open and if there is a trend to opening too many you can lose your rights to bid on ebay.  The trust and safety group on ebay review accounts for this type of activity.  I hope something can be worked out.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:58:43 AM by tulagirl »

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 08:16:07 AM »
Really.

Just. Really.

First of all, you are a complete liar saying I never responded to any of your emails. I responded to your initial email within hours, requesting pictures.

Is that Fashion Applejack from you Closet Avalanche? I see one in HoustonPony's facebook photos (the link in her signature).

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 08:19:09 AM »
That one looks really nice thats for sure.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 08:24:29 AM »
That one looks really nice thats for sure.

Yeah, one way to try and determine if it's yours is by the hair. The hair doesn't move since it's sealed and if you have photos you can compare and determine if it's yours.

I agree it does look nice. Just thought I would point out the photo just in case closet still wanted to see one.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 08:30:51 AM »
Thanks for pointing out the facebook thing. now I'm even more suspicious.

Here is mine:

Grr, it bothers me even more that they've added it to thier collection, but supposedly there's something wrong with it? I think I'm being scammed :(
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:37:43 AM by ClosetAvalanche »

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 08:42:18 AM »
Okay well that is an obvious match..there is one little sign that makes it very obvious that in my mind it couldn't be done the same way with every AJ.  This is getting very odd. Why would you post a photo of something you were not happy with and wanted to get a refund on?  Please explain this one to me because I am feeling confused.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 08:55:24 AM »
I completely understand your frustration CA.  And although I find it completely odd that the picture was added just this past Thursday, I am going to remind everyone to remain civil to the OP at this time.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal