collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sayuri/proudpommom/Need ebay help  (Read 16106 times)

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Need ebay help and I am not happy
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 08:43:20 AM »
Hi guys -- Thank you so much for all your insight! I was so mad last night, I couldnt think straight. I did not know whaere to look for her bid retraction history. In light of her having 33 bid retractions, I will not cancel this sale. I will definatly open a npb against her if she doesnt pay. I dont need the money afst or anything like that, I just want what I am due. I am not desperate for the fees , but I do wnat them back. I agree with others who have said that if I just cancel the sake in some eays there is no message sent to her. 33 bid retractions is not oops, I over spent. That is abusing ther system. I will send her a message like RPB mentioned, but I will also add that I noticed she has the bid retarctions. I am also going to contact ebay and inform them of this bidders poor bidding history. I will keep everyone updated on this thread, and I strongly reccomend blockibg this person.

Ringets - To hopefuly answear your question. There were five bidders, including the winner who bid twice.

bidder 1 - bid 15$
bidder 2 - bid 25$
bidder 3- bid 28$ ----

bidder 4 the winner - 45$
bidder 5, also the bidder bidding again to win this pony bidded a higher amount.

So, if I cancel her bids, the pony will go to bidder 3 for 28$

EDIT!! OH!! She has been bidding on all kinds of items that have ended in the same week as my pony auction. She has bid and paid for all of those!!! OMG... I am so disgusted
Also - of her 45 feedback's, she had gotten 40 of them this month. So this ebayer has been very busy in the last 30 days.

I have looked a little more at this. Her last bid (2nd bid) was at Sep-28-12 11:50:11 PDT.
The message she sent to me on ebay asking to cancel the sale was at Sent Date: Sep-29-12 17:07:28 PDT

So there wasnt a long time between bidding twice and asking to cancel.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 08:56:59 AM by prettypony55 »

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 09:02:57 AM »
This is wild. That bidder is out of control! I'm so glad you're going to do a NPB.  This person needs to learn a lesson.
I'll put something here some time

Offline prettypony55

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 09:14:38 AM »
I just sent sent her this message. In my auctions I give five days to pay, so she still has until the 3rd of September. If she doesnt pay, I will open a NPB. BUt I need to give her a chance to pay,as were still in the time limit. Here is what I sadi to her.

Hello - Thank you for your email. I'm sorry but you outbid another paying buyer. Also by you bidding you may have discouraged other paying buyers to bid more since the price had already gotten higher. I cannot simply cancel the transaction as I don't think that's fair. If you don't pay, I will be forced to open up a NPB claim. I saw that you have had 33 bid retractions within the last 12 months which confuses me. You had won, and paid for many other auctions this month. By you bidding on an auction you are committing to a contract. I cannot break this contract, and hope you understand why. I will await your payment by September 3rd at 1 am. Thank you so much for your time and attention.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 10:07:43 AM »
I think your email looks good.  I only suggested accepting the cancel transaction because it seemed to me that you were seeking to get your fees back as soon as possible.  Which in accepting the cancel transaction you would.

I do hope ebay will do something because they are notorious for not following through on their three strike rule your out. And considering she has 33 bid retractions I am sure she has quite a few NPB cases under her belt to go along with those. I do think it's a good idea for you to phone ebay.  I have found over the years that you get better results rather than just opening a case.  They will go through it more throughly and actually check out this gal's bidding history.  I think it just falls through the cracks when you open a case.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 11:29:37 AM »
This is just guessing, but if two people bid against each other for say ten rounds and the winner backs out, then could it maybe award it to the next bidder at whatever bid they had before the other person starte bidding?

That's not a bad guess. That could be what she's doing.

I wouldn't cancel. She gets no punishment from a cancellation and she will still be allowed to leave feedback. If you do a NPB, she will not be allowed to leave feedback and a mark will be recorded.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 03:27:30 PM »
bidder 1 - bid 15$
bidder 2 - bid 25$
bidder 3- bid 28$ ----

bidder 5, also the bidder bidding again to win this pony bidded a higher amount.

I still don't understand why the winner won at $45...?
Even with this bidding history she should have won at $29, shouldn't she? At least that is how ebay used to be. So have they changed it? Scary! Remind me never to raise my bid towards the end.. :huh:

Anyway, I'm sorry this person found your auctions. I can't believe she bid on lots of other stuff and paid for all that but not for your baby princess sparkle. :mad:
-

Offline prettypony55

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 05:24:44 PM »
I went back and looked just to be on the safe side, she dd win at 45$ which happened to be my reserve for this pony. I dont really know the ins and out of ebay to be honest, just the basic stuff. proudpompom, the winner joined ebay august 2012. The bidder before her joined ebay May 2001. That bidder was unactive since February of 2012. They bought somthing in August, another item this month, plus bid on my pony. So who knows whats going on.. I dont. I will try to get a call into ebay's customer service tomorrow. I have been super busy lately. I still have not recieved payment as of yet.

Altough she just got a new positive feedback from a purchase on August 25th. So yea... not to happy.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »
bidder 1 - bid 15$
bidder 2 - bid 25$
bidder 3- bid 28$ ----

I still don't understand why the winner won at $45...?
Even with this bidding history she should have won at $29, shouldn't she? At least that is how ebay used to be. So have they changed it? Scary! Remind me never to raise my bid towards the end.. :huh:

Anyway, I'm sorry this person found your auctions. I can't believe she bid on lots of other stuff and paid for all that but not for your baby princess sparkle. :mad:

Basically, the next highest bidder bid $28 originally but set his/her cap at probably $44.  The winner bid enough to get over the previous bidder's top limit, spiking the price to $45.  If the winner retracts her winning bid, ebay removes ALL of her bids, and automatically puts the price back to whatever the previous bidder would have won her at if the winner had never bid at all, so $28, since no one else bid higher than the $28.  Sometimes you can see the price go up gradually when it spikes, other times the person just chooses the option to outbid the current high bidder, which is what looks like happened.  The previous winning bidder had bid $28 but had also set his/her max at $44, so ebay just skips the stuff inbetween and sets the winning bid at $45.

Sucks that this happened, I'm shocked at the 33 bid retractions o.o  That name looks familiar to me too...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:29:22 PM by Prismatic »

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 06:49:03 PM »
I went back and looked just to be on the safe side, she dd win at 45$ which happened to be my reserve for this pony.

There's why the bids jumped from $28 to $45, the reserve.  When you have a reserve auction, if somebody bids the reserve, their bid is automatically placed at the reserve amount, not at the next increment above the previous bidder. This is how eBay ensures items with reserves sell. The bidder was obviously willing to pay the $45 and would be upset if nobody else bid up their bid to the reserve amount and didn't get it.

Sounds like you've got a crazy one here.  Good luck!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 07:06:34 PM »
The reserve was set at $45 - yes that answers the question , thanks :) 
I'm glad you arent going to let her get away with this and I think your message looked good :bigups:   I would also go along with Ponyladys advice and call ebay about the situation as well as opening a case if the buyer doesnt pay up

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 02:38:29 AM »
Yes if there was a reserve at 45 that explains it all :) thanks
-

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 05:13:31 AM »
This whole thing got me thinking.  Since you had a reserve on it, did she just want to see what the reserve bid was?  I am throwing that out there because when you phone ebay or report her you can make mention that is what you think happened.  And they will definitely do something about it. 

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 05:35:07 AM »
Ugh.  What a poopie situation!  This is just not ok, and I would be furious mad too.  EBay needs to start banning some of these time wasters.  33 bid retractions and she still has the ability to bid!?  I think I might have missed the eBay name, can you post it so we can add her to our block lists please?

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 05:37:07 AM »
proudpommom

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 07:25:12 AM »
Thanks Ponylady! 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal