collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Classifieds FAQ  (Read 2228 times)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Arena Classifieds FAQ
« on: September 24, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »
CLASSIFIEDS FAQs!!

(This is a work in progress as we get everything figured out.)

Q: How do I get permission to sell my stuff?
A: Entry into the Classifieds Group is only allowed if you have at least 10 positive feedback for selling tangible goods (physical items that must be shipped). We will refer to the feedback on your profile page. Other examples might be considered but should be recent. Sellers must be regularly posting Arena members for at least 4 months and must be at least 16 years old.

Q: Cool! I qualify! How do I become a seller?
A: You can go to your profile and look for the link that says "Group Membership." Follow the link and request membership from there.

Q: I'm an official seller, now what?
A: Now you can click on the Place Listing or Place Auction text links on the main Classifieds page.
You'll need choose which category you want to sell in. Put the title of the listing and the keywords. Use the text field for the description of your item. Using the PayPal field is optional. You can enter the price if you are selling it, and you can set the starting price, reserve, bid increments, etc. for your auction. If you don't want a reserve or bid increments, you can leave it at zero.

Q: How do I upload pictures on my ads?
A: You can either link from your online photo gallery (e.g., Photobucket) or upload it right from your computer. You may upload one photo per ad. However, you can still link to photos within the description of the ad itself.

Q: Why only one?
A: As you know, the Arena's server is currently feeling the strain, so we are limiting it to one photo per listing. However, in the future we might set up a way for you to donate to the Arena's classifieds cost, in exchange for getting more photo space for your ad.

Q: What category do I list things in?
A: It's fairly self-explanatory, but there might be a few gray areas. Fakies, for example, would probably go in the miscellaneous category. If we make more or change things around, we'll make sure to mention it in this thread. FiM merchandise that is non-pony could probably go into the G4 category or perhaps Accessories.

Q: How many ads can I make?
A: I believe it's unlimited.

Q: How long will my ad run?
A: By default, it runs for one month. However, members can adjust the duration. You can make it shorter for your auctions. You could also make your ads run longer, but keep in mind it will fall off the front of the page and might get ignored if it's up there a long time. Use your preferences.

Q: My item sold, now what?
A: You will need to get in contact with your seller, or vice versa, and sort out the details. When PayPal is used, the buyers PayPal details will show up.

Q: Can my buyers adjust the shipping at checkout?
A: No, the program does not support that. However (theoretically), if you contact the seller, they can calculate shipping into their ad before you push the BIN button.

Q: How do I leave feedback for Classifieds transactions?
A: Same way that you leave feedback without Classifieds. :) You go to the member's profile, click on their trade count, and leave the feedback.

-----------

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask in this thread! The FAQ is a work in progress and more details will be added later.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal