collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does nobody want G3s?  (Read 3735 times)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does nobody want G3s?
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 06:59:59 AM »
does anyone else take issue with the g3 babys? i mean the problem i had was there the same size as  the older  Mcdonalds toys.  so  i never knew  what was a g3 baby and what was a mcpony. they  both had hte hearts they  both had the little  magnetic thingy on there hooves. they both had the bruashable mane and tail.  i could never tell teh difference.. i thought they werej ust  mc ponys  i recnetly found out there were actual g 3 babys.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 07:06:24 AM »
I started with the stigma of only wanting g1s, but after getting some g3s I fell for them. I have a lovely collection growing...

I buy lots and resell the extras, and I actually have been doing really well with resale, I think it is always a matter of timing and desire of the consumer.

For example, I had a royal beauty I was selling and no one would buy it. I then got another one in who was in worse condition then the previous one and it sold for more than I was selling the better one for!

I just see it as there is someone out there who would like it, they just have to be looking at the right time. ;)
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 07:17:46 AM »
I like them!  I only have a few but that is because I was resisting them when they came out in stores. 

There is a bit of a problem with them all looking so much alike.  There are not special sets (as someone else said) and I agree that it makes them more amorphous.  I want some of them, but I don't feel the need to finish a collection of them.  Plus there are so many! 

I have been picking them up at thrift shops and was thinking about putting them up for trade/sale here as baits or such (some are in great condition, many are baity).  Wasn't sure how much love they would get.  I don't plan on keeping many of them.  Only the few I really like.  I found a couple G3.5s too and some of the bigger G3 fashion styles. 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 08:00:14 AM »
Oh yeah I am sure in 10 years, they will have value.  Just like with G1, we have to wait.  :) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2012, 08:22:57 AM »
does anyone else take issue with the g3 babys? i mean the problem i had was there the same size as  the older  Mcdonalds toys.  so  i never knew  what was a g3 baby and what was a mcpony. they  both had hte hearts they  both had the little  magnetic thingy on there hooves. they both had the bruashable mane and tail.  i could never tell teh difference.. i thought they werej ust  mc ponys  i recnetly found out there were actual g 3 babys.

Nope, I can tell them apart fine. They look nothing like each other in my book.

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2012, 08:24:17 AM »
If you're planning on selling G3s then wait until the Christmas shopping season starts on eBay. Put them in lots of 3 or more up there and they'll go like hot cakes. I unloaded so many spare G3s last Christmas this way. :awake:

Personally I love G3s. I think their time will come again as all fads go in cycles. I can imagine that the G1s must have gone through a period of being fairly unloved after their commercial run ended (I used to find them in charity shops when I was younger) and look at them now!
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2012, 08:42:37 AM »
When I see them, I will only pick them up if they are not the really common ones :) Beach Belle, Midnight Dreams, and so forth.

The common ones do well for baits, so I'll pick them up if they are less than $1.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 08:46:09 AM »
I agree I think the G4 craze has played a big part in G3 popularity going down a bit. I myself have had to stop collecting G3s in order to have money for G4s! I'm sure once the G4s slow down or end then G3s will be wanted again. And totally in a few years when the girls who played with G3s are adults they will be sought after very much!

I still love G3s and there are more I would like to have, but they will wait a bit. I do think it's not as exciting to collect them since they are just one mass of G3s and no smaller groups to fulfill or sepparate them.

Good luck with your G3s!

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2012, 08:53:41 AM »
I love G3s. I am crazy about them actually! I collect them MIB, but I can't afford to buy all the time since I hardly have spending money- it all either goes to paying bills or college. >.<

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2012, 10:22:51 AM »
I do art commissions for them, but no one bites. I don't think people even want to pay shipping for them! :lol: They're so abundant that they're nigh worthless. It's a shame but after they start disappearing (from customization, tossing out in the garbage, etc) they'll start becoming "collectible" again.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2012, 10:55:23 AM »
I am starting to collect G3s after swearing I wouldn't. But I really don't want them MIB, and that's how a lt of them are. So for now I just collect them by accdient - I buy G3s for custom baits and keep the ones I like that are in good condition. I don't actively shop for them because I just can't justify spending the cost - most of them I see are about $5 plus $5 shipping - not worth it to me to buy them inidividually.

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2012, 11:07:34 AM »
I wnat G3's. I'm trying to finish off my regular release collection (everybody minus ones from fairs and such). However, everybody wants paypal now and I refuse to have some questionable website link up to my bank account. I haven't bought online in years simply because of the Paypal only bs.

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2012, 11:58:30 AM »
I have a friend that is starting to collect MLP again. I will definitely send her this way to snatch up ponies from y'all. :)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2012, 12:28:56 PM »
Does anypony think we should just hold on to all our G3s... and their value will go up in 10 years?

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2012, 12:33:41 PM »
Well, not even all the G1s have high prices.  Some are not expensive at all.  I think it is going to be based on rarity and demand.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal