collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does nobody want G3s?  (Read 3771 times)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does nobody want G3s?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 05:43:55 AM »
Really? I absolutely love G3 ^^

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 05:46:18 AM »
yup! they arent worth anything really. not worth the trrouble of selling anyways.
 i have a box in my car at all times to give to any little girls i may encounter :)
its really fun ^_^

Oh that is soo cute, how perfectly sweet of you! I can imagine the amount of good karma that gets you! Just make sure you don't give away a Tinka-Too Diva!

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 05:48:57 AM »
I like G3's just fine. They're just not my focus right now as far as collecting. And maybe the reason why others aren't as interested in them is because they're so recent most collectors have them already. Another factor might be that Hasbro cranked this line out like crazy. Seems like there was a big surplus in stores well after I went on collecting hiatus from what I still managed to observe.

Anyway, it's still good that you're taking them under your wing and/or trying to find loving homes for them. I still buy ponies if I see them at thrift stores because I see it as "rescuing them" just like rescuing an animal from the pound. You don't know if those ponies will end up in the garbage later and be lost forever!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 05:50:53 AM »
I like g3s. I buy most of mine at thrift stores. I've thought about buying a big lot of them off of Ebay or something since I don't have very many.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 05:52:08 AM »
I think also G3s are soooo common it's hard to shift them....I mean I find them 50% of the time I go to thrift stores/bootsales/charity shops, yet I find G1s once every couple years lol.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 05:54:58 AM »
I saw a diva Tinka in stores years ago. Oh why, oh why did I not get her?!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 05:59:46 AM »
Ooh, do you have Tropical Surprise, Chocolate Chipper, Birthday Cake, Party Cake, or Apple Spice?

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 06:19:03 AM »
I personally started with G3s and would like more of them. Just that the sellers with the ponies I want won't ship to Malaysia >.<
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 06:20:07 AM »
I saw a diva Tinka in stores years ago. Oh why, oh why did I not get her?!

This is the eternal question! I'd soo love to get my paws on that girl!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 06:26:44 AM »
I too am trying to round out my G3 collection but most of the ones I want seem to be a tad harder to find or sellers want ridiculous prices for them most of the time.  I have sat on huge bunches of them from getting doubles when buying others that I wanted.  I have started leaving them when I find them if I already have them for this same reason.  However, I have been able to sell them in one big lot on eBay.  They aren't worth retail prices most of the time, especially if they are not MIB and aren't in mint condition.  I have bought a few on eBay of ones I really want to finish my collection, but like I said many of the ones I am missing now seem to be htf ones for the most part.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 06:33:36 AM »
I agree with the others.  They are so common (except for a handful of rares) plus with the economy the way it is.  I like G3's but I already have quite a lot of them from when they were in stores.  Now I'm only looking for the handful that I really want that I don't have yet.

I also think that the G4 popularity has a good deal to do with it.  I suspect that if there were no new ponies being released in stores, then the older ponies might be getting a bit more love.  I have a few G3s that I will probably sell in the future, but I think that I'm going to sit on them until a time when there are no ponies in stores (after G4).

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 06:50:11 AM »
In a few years, when the kids who grew up with them are older, they'll be more popular.

G1s were once "everywhere" in thrift shops too.  :)

For now, though, G3s are just not worth much.  I think a lot of collectors got "collector's fatigue" over them . . . They came out in such massive numbers, so quickly, that it was hard to get attached.   I do like them very much, I just don't have the emotional connection to them like I do to G1s.

I also think they're hurt by not having many proper sets.  Like, with G1s you could say, "I'm going to collect all the Merry Go Round ponies" or "I'm going to collect all the Sweetberry ponies".   Usually there were six ponies to a set (or four in later years), so that was easy to keep track of, and then it was like a mini achievement to get them all and display them together. 

G3s are much less ordered.  The average G3, I have no idea what year she came out or what other ponies were sold at the same time.  She didn't come from a special set of six that had their own special set name and backcard.  The G3s all blend into one massive ocean of G3-ness.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:54:56 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 06:56:34 AM »
you guys think in  20 or 30  years the g3 will be as popular as the g1s are now? lol i mean most  not all but most g1 collectors fromw hat i've observed  had them growing up in the  80s and are looking to get them for there  colelctions again.  whats to say that g3s  get that way in a  few years. its only been about  4 or so years since they releaed the g3s, but  they are  a lot eiaser to get then g1s ususaly.  but i sitll pick them up when i se them at thrift  stores flea markets  and such. becuase its   a lot liek resucing them.  and cleaning them up  and giving them a nice palce to live before they get traded or sold.

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 06:57:02 AM »
I have sooo many G3's most of the MIB and while I would like to get rid of them I don't want to sell them off for less than I paid for - so I just keep them all stacked up in their boxes -maybe in another 5 years or so I can get what I paid into them...
For me the thing that bugged me most about the G3's and still does to this day is the symbol only being on one side...
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

girlyponce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 06:59:43 AM »
I DO I DO  :wave:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal