collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sorted and paid, thank you.  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Most of them are, yes, the G3s anyway. The rest are gone, it's pretty much up to date. :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
There's the solution then ^^  sell the ponies you had up for trade and raise the money that way   :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Only problem is I haven't been contacted by anyone other than Oneleo asking if they were still available, so I don't think that's the solution either :huh: :(
Off to PO on Monday to ask their advice and their suggestions :) It's worth a try at any rate, it doesn't lose me anything even if it doesn't gain me anything.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
Have you posted them in the sales forum to attract attention? You do have some good ponies there! :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
No because I did that before for months on end and nobody was interested. :(
I'm trying to think of something else.. :)

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
If you are not willing to try to sell the ponies you have for trade, then I am not sure what else you can do. You have some good ponies there, and I know that there are people interested in buying them.

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

girlyponce

• Trade Count: (0)
Shot you a PM :hug: Sorry about all the money issues and customs charges. I'm the the US and always worry about the fees when I send ponies to the UK  >_<

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Thanks girly but I have none to offer you, none are white, PM'ed you back xx

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Oh, that really stinks! Was not expecting this at all. Have shipped to other countries in Europe without having this come up, but I think this was my first time shipping to the UK. If I had known, I would've listed the price as being lower than it actually way, to avoid being hit. :(

Appreciate everyone's input so far. Any other suggestions would be great. I received my ponies from Icey last week without any problems.
Actually you are not supposed to under-list the value.  It can get you the shipper into hot water.   If the UK is cracking down then it is really not a good idea to do so.  I even have it in my ebay listing that I will not under list a value to avoid fees.  I have no desire to have the postal system come after me for false reporting or mail fraud.

And you can get hit with them here (have had it happen) when we get packages from overseas but it seems to happen way less then going over to the UK from here.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
If you are not willing to try to sell the ponies you have for trade, then I am not sure what else you can do. You have some good ponies there, and I know that there are people interested in buying them.

You should definitely try the sales forum again - I wonder if the lack of interest comes from not having pictures? I tend to glaze over sales posts with no images. Even if you can only take pictures in groups that will help.

I agree with Oneleo - you'll never know if you don't try. If you're serious about trying to solve this situation, then a little effort is required.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Thanks NoD but I'm a full time A-Level student, I do not have time to take photos. I'm working on a solution, so thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll have it sorted soon. Will close thread when I've sorted it. X

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
I wish you luck with your solution then - I hope this situation has enlightened you to the customs procedures so you'll be more prepared in the future.

I'm sure if you want to sell your items in the future though that you can find a few minutes to snap some group pictures - they don't have to be anything fancy, just put the ponies down on the floor and snap a quick group shot. You mentioned that your sales thread just sat there and no one contacted you, so I'm just offering a suggestion to help with that. Just a very basic picture can really go a long way, and it's not time consuming. After all, most of us here have lots of outside commitments like full time jobs, school, and families (or all of the above!) but we find a few spare minutes here or there to take care of business.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
Ice,

A bit off topic - I just wanted to say your recent Monster High pics are lovely :) Your recent ones (within the last 2 weeks) are quite striking!

Back on topic, good luck with whatever your solution may be, I hope it works out for you :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Ice,

A bit off topic - I just wanted to say your recent Monster High pics are lovely :) Your recent ones (within the last 2 weeks) are quite striking!

Back on topic, good luck with whatever your solution may be, I hope it works out for you :)
Thanks Oneleo, I took them at the start of September before college started again. As I mentioned in the Pic Spam thread, I won't be getting much (or more than likely any) photography done now that I'm back in full time A-Levels, I'm taking Biology, Geography, English Literature and Photography, all minus Photography have actually been rated the hardest A Levels to take, but I have no regrets, I love my courses and need them for university, so no regrets there.
Thanks about the solution, yes I think I might have found a way to pay. Although I don't think I'll be trading again outside of the UK, because this was totally unexpected, and I've never had one before in the 3-4 years I've bought and traded so that was pretty gutting, considering I have to ask school to help fund my books, it's not like I have a dispensable income to pay for things like this, hence why I'm more annoyed than I would be had I been working full time on a good/regular income!
Ah well, it's taught me to be more careful, and I won't be trading outside the UK again for awhile, I'm a bit too cautious and wary, it's not like £11.00 is a little sum, although my best friend told me today that she had ordered nail polish from the USA a few years back for about £10 worth of value, and the customs fees smacked £18 on top of it. Needless to say she was, like me, absolutely raging! XD

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
Re: Miaow. This is pretty much sorted, thank you.
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 11:07:15 AM »
Oh, that really stinks! Was not expecting this at all. Have shipped to other countries in Europe without having this come up, but I think this was my first time shipping to the UK. If I had known, I would've listed the price as being lower than it actually way, to avoid being hit. :(

Appreciate everyone's input so far. Any other suggestions would be great. I received my ponies from Icey last week without any problems.
Actually you are not supposed to under-list the value.  It can get you the shipper into hot water.   If the UK is cracking down then it is really not a good idea to do so.  I even have it in my ebay listing that I will not under list a value to avoid fees.  I have no desire to have the postal system come after me for false reporting or mail fraud.

And you can get hit with them here (have had it happen) when we get packages from overseas but it seems to happen way less then going over to the UK from here.

But there is no harm either in marking a loose G1 pony, that might be worth $30 to us, at $5.
Customs don't know Mimic from Peachy as long as it looks realistic.

Always looking for MLP erasers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal