collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OMG video of grown man on a stage surrounded by loads of G1's and brushing them!  (Read 2483 times)

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
Um...a...talent show? Yeah not too sure how I feel about this. I guess talent is in the eye of the beholder...

On a side note, I weirded me out that the video ended with Starflower, as mine is on display right beside my monitor. =P
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Jahlila

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Page
This made me giggle.  :lol: Thank you for sharing!
*~*Jahlila*~*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline jupiter_oski

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
The second link to youtube if you open that in the discriptiom of the video there is a link to his site which is all in English. There he also explains a bit what he is doind and what he is letting is see. Maybe that helps :)
He is collector himself of g1 ponies btw before starting with this pony brushing thing that is what he told in the second video.

I took a look at the link to his website which is in English, and if I'm allowed to post the link, here it is for people to see:
http://www.dennisverbeke.com/
So in his performance, he was encouraging people to ADOPT his ponies??!!  Man, I wish I knew about his performance!  (Even though it was on a different continent!)  I would have loved to ADOPT his ponies!  :)  I mean, I saw a Munchy in there!  (And I need a Munchy!)

*edit* Adding a quote from his website: "I had to contain myself not to check up on the percentage every hour! New sponsors saw the necessity to make a contribution, and people who already made a donation decided they wanted to adopt another pony. Eventually the project achieved 106% which made me jump out of my seat."

This shows that he must be coming to realize just how popular it is to collect vintage MLP!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:13:21 PM by jupiter_oski »
 Siggy by littlebabyribbon and specialk070581

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
I have no words...just nothing

I mean...what?

This!!!!! ...just.....why?!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
WOW when I finally saw just how many ponies he had around him I actually jumped in surprise lol
My family keep trying to convince me to do something like this actually, I'm in my final year at Art College and they just think it would be the perfect performance... so instead I made a giant Unicorn suit and ran around a park in it rofl :P

Edit: Thanks Jupiter, after seeing his website I am so referencing him in my critiques!  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 04:32:40 AM by T.L.Squiggle »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Betelgeuse

• Trade Count: (0)
:O That guy is cool.

Except the lighting was a little iffy.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
The second link to youtube if you open that in the discriptiom of the video there is a link to his site which is all in English. There he also explains a bit what he is doind and what he is letting is see. Maybe that helps :)
He is collector himself of g1 ponies btw before starting with this pony brushing thing that is what he told in the second video.

I took a look at the link to his website which is in English, and if I'm allowed to post the link, here it is for people to see:
http://www.dennisverbeke.com/
So in his performance, he was encouraging people to ADOPT his ponies??!!  Man, I wish I knew about his performance!  (Even though it was on a different continent!)  I would have loved to ADOPT his ponies!  :)  I mean, I saw a Munchy in there!  (And I need a Munchy!)

*edit* Adding a quote from his website: "I had to contain myself not to check up on the percentage every hour! New sponsors saw the necessity to make a contribution, and people who already made a donation decided they wanted to adopt another pony. Eventually the project achieved 106% which made me jump out of my seat."

This shows that he must be coming to realize just how popular it is to collect vintage MLP!  ;)

I have a feeling "adoption" is more like when you "adopt" an animal in a zoo - you give money in order to fund its upkeep...so this was perhaps giving money in order to fund this gentlemans trip to Sweden to sit on a box and brush pony hair...man I am in the wrong job!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
I'm trying to imagine what I would do if I came across that scene in person.  Probably prowling around the edges trying to think of all the ways I could sneak the ponies into my purse. 
*grabs large purse adn helps Sunset :P

I have no idea what I just watched. >.> But that is a lot of ponies. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Okay the way he is holding/stroking the pony and stuff...it is just really strange.  I am at a loss with that one.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
I'm so referencing this in all my art classes now when we discuss types of performance art. I really love performance stuff, some of it is really interesting to downright weird.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I have no words...just nothing

I mean...what?

This!!!!! ...just.....why?!

Ditto on this! Just odd and creepy...... not sure I fancied the way he was stroking his ponies..... but if he considers it art, so be it..... art is open for interpretation....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal