collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NW Pony Party is confirmed! Nov 3rd in Seattle! EXCLUSIVE PONY available!  (Read 7199 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
You are invited to the very first NW Pony Party! 
This will be a fun gathering of ponyfans (of all generations) in the Northwest area!  If you are in the Seattle (the South End, right off the 5 near the West Seattle offramp) area November 3rd- or willing to drive up- please let us know! 

DATE:  November 3, 2012

TIME:
10:30/11 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

BRING:
*  A snack or drink to share
* If you have them- sale/trade ponies and custom ponies (are you an artist? Bring your customs or a portfolio for commission sales!)
* Your favorite/unusual/cute ponies for show and tell
* Your custom contest entry (or entries)!
*  Pony craft supplies! (Bring your baits, paints, glitter and maybe some sculpty so you can practice after the fetlock instructional by Salli!) 
*  If you have a board game you'd like to play- bring it!

ACTIVITIES PLANNED: So the final schedule is TBD- but based on popular demand- we are going to have the following pony events!

* CUSTOM CONTEST ! Fabulous prizes! No limit on how many customs you enter! Anticipated prizes currently include : A fabulous custom pony designed by our very own Salli! (check out her awesome DA page linked in her siggie below) Rare G4 prototype/misprint! G1 Flutter pony- WITH WINGS!  A teenie tiny pony!  (If you have prizes to donate- all are welcome!)

CUSTOM CATEGORIES:
1. Generation swap!  Maybe a G1 Rainbow Dash? Or a G4 Blueberry Baskets? YOU pick!
2. I wish they had made this pony! Is there a character that you wish they had made into a brushable? Maybe you saw this character on FiM or Escape from Katrina?  Or maybe they made this cutie a blind bag or some other thing- but never a full fledged collectable!  Now is your chance! Wow us with your creations!
3. Fall or Halloween Pony!

* FiM Netflix marathon! What Ponymeet is complete without some MLP toons? (If someone has Escape from Katrina on DVD can you bring?) 

*  Show and tell!! Do you have a rare pony? Or maybe a pony that means something special?  A fabulous custom that you made or purchased? Bring them all for show and tell!

*  Yard Sale! We will have a yard sale to trade and sell extra ponies, customs, odds and ends and ponycrafts!  If you are an artist taking commissions- feel free to bring portfolios and samples! Remember- cash is easier than paypal (but I will have a computer available just in case)  :) 

*  Ponycrafts! Bring a pony to customize!  (if you have extra baits or supplies to donate or sell I am sure they will also be welcome).  Our very own fabulous customizer Salli will be giving a demonstration on adding sculpty fetlocks to your pony!  Folks can paint their baits- add sculpty features, or get ideas from friends! 

Not a customizer? We will have coloring!  Not into crafts?  No worries! There will still be snacks, board games and of course My Little Pony toons to watch!

Coloring Contest! (real MLP coloring pages/books will be provided courtesy of Shelti (thank you!) and the best picture (popular vote) gets a fabulous prize! (Vintage Euro Exclusive G1 baby, wow!)

RAFFLE! - A vintage G1 exclusive baby, and lots of other fun stuff!  (This will help pay for our next party!)  - If you would like to donate to the raffle- this will help us buy more stuff for the next Pony Party ;)

MORE ACTIVITIES
* POSSIBLE Field trip Depending on interest and how busy we get- some ponyfolk might consider a quick caravan trip to the GoodWill Outlet less than a mile away-  it is dirty and gross- but they sell toys at .50 cents a lb, and there are often ponies there of all generations to rescue-  If we go- I will provide a prize to the first person who finds a MLP!  (I will also be handing out gloves)

Currently- a house on N. Beacon Hill in Seattle- just 2 blocks from the Spokane Street/West Seattle Bridge I5 offramp- also about 2 blocks from Jefferson Park.  A very easy walk from Light Rail (Beacon Hill station)- or you can take the 36 bus, the 39 bus (turns into the 33) or the 60.  The 60 stops one block from our house, but only comes every 30 minutes.  The 36 comes every 12 minutes and stops about 4 blocks away.  Try the metro trip planner:  Your destination is near 15th Ave S. & Hanford. http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl?resptype=U   

The location is about 2.5-3 hours away from Portland, OR- and about the same distance from Vancouver, CA - so we would love to see you there if you can rally!

Please message me for the address if you are thinking you might attend! 

I will attach some balloons to the mailbox out front (hopefully I will find a MLP balloon) so that everypony knows where to go-  (I will also attach some to the back which faces an alley)

If all that isn't enough- we will also have our very own PONY EXCLUSIVE- STELLA BELLA! 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Isn't she cute?  Supplies are limited - so the ponies will be available on a first come, first serve basis- available for purchase ONLY at the pony party.  (You can pre-order if you are attending) I am able to offer her at subsidized cost of $12 to party-goers.  AFTER the party, any extras will be available for $16.

Thanks to everyone for name suggestions, and congratulations to Marigold for her awesome name of "Stella Bella"!
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,311833.new.html#new
Stella Bella (via General Zoi thru DollDevine.com)

Thanks to Starly for this additional cute image of Stella Bella!
  ADORABLE!

Thank you Salli for creating the ad and volunteering to help with prizes! Thank you Sarafina for getting this thing rolling!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:07:38 PM by Galactica »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: NW Pony Party is confirmed! Nov 3rd in Seattle! EXCLUSIVE PONY available!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 11:58:01 AM »
I may have to go to this. I am Portland, but it sounds like a lot of fun :) I do hate driving in Seattle though XD How do you enter your pony name suggestion? I think she looks like a Blue Skye. Which is funny because she's a Northwest pony. EDIT: Found it! I could try clicking on the link  :blush:

Can I buy a Holly Blue from you if I come to the party? *runs to the calendar to write down the date* AND I want to snag one of the event ponies of course!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:03:39 PM by Salli »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »
That is an awesome name- wow.

I sure hope you can make it!  If you are coming from Oregon you don't have to drive very far through Seattle- you just take the I-5 up and get off on the Spokane/West Seattle Bridge offramp- take Spokane Street- make the first left and first left again and you are there!   This offramp is actually JUST before all of the mess of downtown Seattle-  so right as it starts to get crowded- you can escape!

Once we are sure there are enough ponies to go around for the attendees- (and I am pretty sure there will be) you are of course welcome to buy one of the extra Holly Blues- 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:05:22 PM by Galactica »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 12:05:50 PM »
That is an awesome name- wow.

I sure hope you can make it!  If you are coming from Oregon you don't have to drive very far through Seattle- you just take the I-5 up and get off on the Spokane/West Seattle Bridge offramp- take Spokane Street- make the first left and first left again and you are there!   This offramp is actually JUST before all of the mess of downtown Seattle-  so right as it starts to get crowded- you can escape!

It took all of 4 minutes for me to decide I HAVE to go. Lol. You had me at 'exclusive pony'. ;) And I would just love a Holly Blue. Anyone up for a little custom contest or something? I could donate a prize. If not, no worries :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 12:06:35 PM »
WOW- GREAT IDEA- I LOVE custom contests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »
I would LOVE to come to the Pony Party but I'm on the opposite side of the country :huh:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »
Sounds like a fun meet!  :D  Hope you post event pictures; those are always fun to look at. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 12:46:52 PM »
These parties sound like a lot of fun... I wish there would be pony meets in Norway :[

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:48:25 PM by luxrayx »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 12:52:47 PM »
I would LOVE to come to the Pony Party but I'm on the opposite side of the country]I would LOVE to come to the Pony Party but I'm on the opposite side of the country

Well Seattle is a fun place to visit!  November isn't exactly the most awesome season - but on the upside the cost of flying to Seattle starts dropping dramatically after September 29th (I've found)

And just think... a pony exclusive ! (lol)

I'm sure there will be photos- but I will check with anyone in the photos first to see if they are okay with posting :D

sarafina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 01:07:10 PM »
I can't wait!!  That exclusive pony is GORGEOUS - thank you so much for putting all of this together, Galactica!  :happy:

I think that a custom contest sounds wonderful!  I've never customized a pony before but have really been wanting to try my hand at it...would anyone be willing to do a brief customizing tutorial at the meet?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »
I think some pony crafts would be super fun-

I am not an experienced pony customizer but I recently discovered that you can use sculpty (the kind that needs to be baked) right on the pony-  the plastic of the pony is very hard- so if you cook at a low temp (like 325) the clay firms up without damaging the pony.

I wrapped the mane and tail in aluminum foil to protect it (I have a feeling it will melt much more easily) - the hair was undamaged but got very very curly! Lol

I will be trying this technique out for my custom entry !!!

sarafina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 01:35:48 PM »
Should we have a theme for the custom contest?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 02:14:29 PM »
A theme for the custom contest is a good idea- do you have something in mind?  We should also consider though that since our group is small with varied interests - we wouldn't want to pick something that would discourage a potential pony maker from participating... what do you think?

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 02:37:11 PM »
Heh heh, as soon as I saw "Exclusive Pony" mentioned I guessed who it had to be :) Funny, cause I just placed an order for a few of her on TB yesterday...hope there are some left to fill my order ^^; (but if not, I'll live)

Looks like there is an interesting new precedent for these types of ponies on TB...
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 02:45:43 PM »
A theme for the custom contest is a good idea- do you have something in mind?  We should also consider though that since our group is small with varied interests - we wouldn't want to pick something that would discourage a potential pony maker from participating... what do you think?
What about like a gen swap or a variant or something? Or we could do a fall theme since it's November? Just some ideas.

YAY my ad worked!! What do y'all think?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal