collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TRU Zecora & Favorites Collection Price warning  (Read 6489 times)

rayechu

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: TRU Zecora Price warning
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 11:04:47 PM »
Yeah, my TrU had her for $10.99 the other day and today they had bumped her to $16.49! Ridiculous! I'm wondering if they're bumping their prices for the Christmas shopping already. They do that every year.
Oh yuck!
I guess I could understand bumping price up for the holidays, as they are trying to make more, but doing it on exclusive merchandise is kind of unfair IMHO. Especially when Hasbro gave us the price at the toyfair, so we all know what it is supposed to be.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 06:25:39 AM »
They bump the price after a couple of weeks on the shelf on many things. Sad that it has to be Zecora though! :(
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 06:30:02 AM »
Now, I'm new to the whole shopping at Toys R us thing But I've been in the retail business for years. They actually price tag the new Zecoras with a new price sticker over the old one? Do they know they are not supposed to do that?

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 06:38:50 AM »
Now, I'm new to the whole shopping at Toys R us thing But I've been in the retail business for years. They actually price tag the new Zecoras with a new price sticker over the old one? Do they know they are not supposed to do that?

My store doesn't have anything individually marked, so they just change the price in the system.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 06:54:03 AM »
>.< This sucks! She hasn't even appeared in my TRU yet, and I've been checking for both her and the collectors set. When she finally appears, she's going to be overpriced and I didn't even get a chance to nab her at normal cost. :(
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 06:58:02 AM »
Diamond will be able to point us one way or the other regarding TRU specifically...but a sudden price leap in a popular item [especially one which has bulk online orders still to be fulfilled] can be pretty standard. We havent really seen something like this to any continuous degree in ponies, as MLP have never in the past been a line which justifies this kind of volume. Popular yes but not this kind of crazy popular.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 08:30:18 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  ToyRus got me a while back when blind bags came out.  I bought a bunch and I'd go back buy more (repeat).  Well it took me a while to figure out they changed the prices....  It wasn't one change they kept chaining the price a little higher each time..

I find it odd that they raised the price after releasing her during the buy one get one 40% off.
Give everyone a cool sale then jack up all the prices..
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:36:33 AM by kakenterprise »

rayechu

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 08:30:53 AM »
I mean I feel a little spoiled complaining about it, because it is a popular item and if demand is high the store should be able to charge more for it.... but I dislike that it is not something you can purchase elsewhere because it is exclusive to TRU. You can't wait for it to come out and be cheaper at walmart, or even order it from Hasbrotoyshop... because it's a TRU exclusive. And we aren't talking a dollar bump or something here, that is a 50% increase over what Hasbro told us the MSRP would be at the toy fair.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »
I could see having a sale on them and letting folks know about it but just jacking up the price like that sounds like poor way of doing things around there. Especially when it's a price hike of 5 to 6 dollars more.

Nerdfins

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 08:43:58 AM »
I don't even know if my TRU online preorder ever went through, so I've been thinking of going to the local TRUs here to find her.  Now I'm glad to know the price issues before I went out.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 09:23:37 AM »
15-16 dollars for one (store released) pony? That's some overkill. : /

girlyponce

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 10:13:42 AM »
Ugh that's terrible :( Now I have to go check my TRU and see how much she is there

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 10:17:32 AM »
15-16 dollars for one (store released) pony? That's some overkill. : /

No kidding! This is a single pony, regular exclusive, same size as the other G4 brushables! Yes I realize they had to make her from glow-in-the-dark plastic and did a different type of stiff hair for her, but that does not justify doubling her price compared to the other G4's....then this additional price hike! :mad:
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ilfiorelaluna

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 11:24:25 AM »
Just found her at the Southfield, MI TRU - Zecora was $14.99 and the Nightmare Moon set was $44.99.  (Last week, when they didn't have any in stock, there were tags for $9.99 and $39.99 respectively.)

They had two Nightmare Moon sets, btw - one's still there :).

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 11:47:27 AM »
What makes me sad is that many other FIM fans (the ones that are willing to pay thousands for a single plushie) are not going to mind paying that price.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal