collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TRU Zecora & Favorites Collection Price warning  (Read 6751 times)

rayechu

• Trade Count: (0)
TRU Zecora & Favorites Collection Price warning
« on: September 03, 2012, 08:05:26 PM »
Today I happened to pop into TRU to look for blind bags. They didn't have any (in fact the sticker disappeared) but they did have some Zecora. I picked up an extra and went to ring out. The cashier told me my total was $16 and change. I said, no that is supposed to be $9.99, not $14.99. She checked the shelf and came back and adjusted my price. But I bought a two zecoras on Tuesday that rang up at $9.99. Hopefully it is just a glitch in my store, but watch the price if you find her this week.

Merged TRU exclusive price topics :) OL1
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:40:03 PM by Oneleo1 »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Zecora Price warning
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 09:06:06 PM »
Wow, thanks for the heads up!
I hope that it was a glitch and not TRU deciding to change Zecora's price. I remember last holiday season, they did that with the MH Sweet 1600 dolls. :(
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 09:11:12 PM »
WOW!!! That is a good price!! I got mine for 18 ppd and I am super happy with that :)

rayechu

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 09:14:28 PM »
I hope that it was a glitch and not TRU deciding to change Zecora's price. I remember last holiday season, they did that with the MH Sweet 1600 dolls. :(
That was my fear too, but a quick search online (during the price check) showed her at $9.99 on the TRU website. I do know the Blindbags stated at one price and got bumped to another though =/

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 09:18:21 PM »
You can not order on line for her.

rayechu

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »
You can not order on line for her.
No she is backordered online, I just looked online to see if the price for her HAD changed since the week before. :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 09:23:12 PM »
Ya that sucks, I was hoping to maybe pick one up for my daughter. I think I need to take a road trip sometime. The closet Toys R US is about 80 some miles from me :(

rayechu

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »
Even with paying shipping ebay or someone here might be cheaper than driving that far =/

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 09:26:28 PM »
Yes I know, LOL  There is also a Target up there to. And a really nice big mall :)  LOL   Thank you for sharing that info with us all. Its great to see things like this.

Jenn1983

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 09:47:04 PM »
Today I happened to pop into TRU to look for blind bags. They didn't have any (in fact the sticker disappeared) but they did have some Zecora. I picked up an extra and went to ring out. The cashier told me my total was $16 and change. I said, no that is supposed to be $9.99, not $14.99. She checked the shelf and came back and adjusted my price. But I bought a two zecoras on Tuesday that rang up at $9.99. Hopefully it is just a glitch in my store, but watch the price if you find her this week.

Same thing happened in my tru, I'm in tn. I was naughty and pulled the 14.99 sticker off to reveal the 9.99 price sticker below it, then went to check out and got it for 14.99. I know that seems crappy, but I was just in there Tuesday and bought one of the 6 that they got in for 9.99 and had the exact amount for purchasing another one for 9.99. Doesn't seem right that they up the price like that.  But I bought the last one so they pulled the sticker completely off the shelf so they obviously don't have plans to get anymore in.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 10:00:52 PM »
That was my fear too, but a quick search online (during the price check) showed her at $9.99 on the TRU website. I do know the Blindbags stated at one price and got bumped to another though =/
I noticed that as well with the blind bags.
I don't mind price jumps if they're small, but +$5 (or more) in a short amount of time, and with Zecora being a new item? It bugs me a little.  :(
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline agnusdei

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • little lamb
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 10:14:31 PM »
Hm, that's quite strange.  I remember there was an issue with the blind bag set with the main 6 + Gardenia Glow, Peachy Pie, Sweetsong, Coconut Cream, Skywishes and Beachberry ringing up as $5 more than the shelf sticker said, as well.  I had a friend mention that the Favorites Collection rung up for $44.99 instead of $39.99 at TRU this week too... I hope this isn't going to become a habit for them. :s

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 10:21:25 PM »
just like the stuffed animals were originally $15 each and they jumped to $25 each. it was nuts!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

rayechu

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 10:37:01 PM »

Same thing happened in my tru, I'm in tn. I was naughty and pulled the 14.99 sticker off to reveal the 9.99 price sticker below it, then went to check out and got it for 14.99. I know that seems crappy, but I was just in there Tuesday and bought one of the 6 that they got in for 9.99 and had the exact amount for purchasing another one for 9.99. Doesn't seem right that they up the price like that.  But I bought the last one so they pulled the sticker completely off the shelf so they obviously don't have plans to get anymore in.

Oh no. looks like it wasn't just me.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 11:03:00 PM »
Yeah, my TrU had her for $10.99 the other day and today they had bumped her to $16.49! Ridiculous! I'm wondering if they're bumping their prices for the Christmas shopping already. They do that every year.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal