collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Confessions!  (Read 8264 times)

Bag of Magic Food

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pony Confessions!
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2012, 07:53:41 PM »
- I can name every G1 on sight except for the Sweetheart Sisters - I still have to look them up.
I was trying to reach this point with the G3s, but I might just settle for being able to identify all the background ponies in the cartoons.  (Once you know who's who, you start to realize the selection of extras is actually pretty limited.)

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2012, 07:54:48 PM »
My internet spazzed...anyway here's my DA with the customs. http://rockettoinsanity.deviantart.com/

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2012, 08:08:40 PM »

- I actually can't wait for FiM to end so collectors can have the fandom back.
- I get really jealous when I see people with multiples of a pony I want.

Oh, yes -.-  To both...

Another confession?

It REALLY gets on my nerves reading/hearing "Cutie Mark" (avoids flying bricks, fakies, bronies, ponies, books, all things).  Why?  I...  It has always been for me a symbol that identified ponies, specially G1-G3(.5).  So when FiM arrived calling it Cutie Mark...  It sounds really weird for me...  like trying to force myself into a new thing that does not belong to what I know.  And...  Cutie Mark?  No.  I don't like it =P  Maybe if it wasn't a 'cutie'...  (that word ticks me off at the mean and saying it XDD  (actually, I still call a street the name it had until 10-15 years ago...  and still gets on my nerves younger people calling it SNM insteado of DS...  /bricked).

Argentum-Zeena

« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2012, 08:23:57 PM »

Oh, yes -.-  To both...

Another confession?

It REALLY gets on my nerves reading/hearing "Cutie Mark" (avoids flying bricks, fakies, bronies, ponies, books, all things).  Why?  I...  It has always been for me a symbol that identified ponies, specially G1-G3(.5).  So when FiM arrived calling it Cutie Mark...  It sounds really weird for me...  like trying to force myself into a new thing that does not belong to what I know.  And...  Cutie Mark?  No.  I don't like it =P  Maybe if it wasn't a 'cutie'...  (that word ticks me off at the mean and saying it XDD  (actually, I still call a street the name it had until 10-15 years ago...  and still gets on my nerves younger people calling it SNM insteado of DS...  /bricked).

I may be wrong, but I believe the term cutie mark began being used in g3 at some point. Again, I may be wrong, as I've only heard this secondhand ^^;

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2012, 08:29:22 PM »

Oh, yes -.-  To both...

Another confession?

I may be wrong, but I believe the term cutie mark began being used in g3 at some point. Again, I may be wrong, as I've only heard this secondhand ^^;

Not sure XD

For me, I still used (and use) only "symbol" XDD

I think it was more used for the heart mark on the hoof, but...  not as widely used as Cutie Mark with FiM nowadays o.o

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2012, 09:30:04 PM »
My internet spazzed...anyway here's my DA with the customs. http://rockettoinsanity.deviantart.com/
I like your Surprise.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2012, 09:43:47 PM »
Okay time for my pony confessions.  :biggrin:

>I go into nutcase mode when there's a pony I have been waiting for a long time for the price to go down and it seems like they're all sold. Like serioulsy i just about tore down Big W looking for that darn Rairty and the bonus pony that comes with her.

>When my fiance was on arvo shift, I used to have a sleep about 9pm and I'd have a plush pony with me. ^.^

>I paid $10 for a not so good condition Dance and Prance pony at the markets and knew was getting ripped off

>I'm sometimes really tempted when no one is home to sit down and play with my G3's since I had to sort of miss out on it.

>I give my ponies a personality and a back story for just about all of them. My childhood Princess Sparkle (Lucy) was known as a demom slayer and still is.

>I write so many lists of what ponies I want it's not funny, I think I'm a little OCD about. :P

>I want to take a pony with me everywhere, but I'm afraid I'll get too attatched and I'll accident;y lose. I'd be heart broken if that happened.

>When I was a kid, Princess Sparkles (Lucy) was like once of my best friends even though she was a toy andd I'm going to try and have her in a photo on my wedding day, but we'll see. :heart:

Okay all done now!  ^.^

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2012, 10:33:26 PM »

- I actually can't wait for FiM to end so collectors can have the fandom back.
- I get really jealous when I see people with multiples of a pony I want.

YES (ranting time, oh goodness)

First, I cannot stand bronies in general (the general label and some folks, I know not all those who call themselves Bronies are like this), they do not only give us a TERRIBLE name but are often beyond "mean" (I'm not going to curse here) to everyone, especially us older collectors and the older MLP, how they rant about FIM not being "as girly" (such statement... dear me, it makes me rabid, seriously) and how they reject everything else for the sake of being FIM purists.

I miss the nice and quiet fandom we used to have and have always cherished. I cannot stand the fact that someone is proud about being sexually aroused by cartoon horses either, we don't choose our weird turn-ons but we should be able to control them

I HATE it when people mislabel us as bronies or pegasisters

Secondly,

oh god, everytime I see someone with more than one of my pony grails my stomach shrinks XD it makes me SO JEALOUS, like "Why couldn't you spare ONE so I (or another pony) could have it D': )

I have never understood why have the same pony more than once (BUT I am a fan of reissue armies), I have duplicates yes, and looking how to get rid of them XD

Let's see..... more confessions mmmm

I actually like G3.5s.... eeeh this is tricky... I don't like the molds but I do ADORE the hair, eyes and Oh-My-God the packaging is glorious, they are the reason I started collecting MIP ponies

I've felt guilty about buying ponies, especially as I started getting older, to me it was like "dude, you're too old to buy toys :cry:" but aaahh they're irresistible! I still feel it sometimes, mixed with a teeny bits of shame but have started to overcome it via solving my self-esteem issues <3

after all, it something I love and harms no one
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:35:45 PM by Silver_mirror46 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal