collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Packaged white Celestia  (Read 8179 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Packaged white Celestia
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »
HathorCat, I think the Crystal Empire will be in more than one episode, as there's a DVD planned called "Adventures in the Crystal Empire."

Personally I still think it will be the new theme, there are too many Crystal Empire ponies for it to be a store exclusive, IMO.

I genuinely hope you are right - the line seems really dominantly slanted towards the CE line but I ll wait until we see them perhaps in actual stores or with wholesalers.

I dont think a DVD title proves much though - there is a DVD titled Royal Pony Wedding but only 2 of the episodes are of course anything to do with what happens. So perhaps CE is a season 2 part opener?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2012, 04:44:54 PM »
Quote from: hathorcat

I dont think a DVD title proves much though - there is a DVD titled Royal Pony Wedding but only 2 of the episodes are of course anything to do with what happens. So perhaps CE is a season 2 part opener?
I think this is likely the case. We've seen enough of crystal empire to know it plays some sort of significant role in the show, significant enough at least to warrant a whole toy line, so it being the season opener would make sense to me. Especially given the timing of the line's release which will hopefully coincide with a date for the new season soon.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2012, 08:04:56 AM »
Well it completely sucks if they're gonna keep producing an entire line of ponies that only Target will get >.< Hasbro won't be doing themselves any favours if they're gonna limit their releases that much O.o

Actually when a store like Target gets the right to mark a product as 'exclusive', they pay big bucks to do so. Hasbro certainly wouldn't provide exclusive rights to Target if they weren't making a profit by doing it. Target is making a gamble that the payment will pay off, because some people, like collectors, will have to come to Target if they want these toys. And the average parent shopping through the toy aisles will see this giant MLP display and it will catch their attention.

That being said, it's really hard to say at this point if the whole line will be Target exclusive, because there has been a LOT of Crystal Empire toys popping up. Target are definitely heavy hitters in the world of sales, including toys (Hasbro is not the only company they have exclusive agreements with) but I don't know if they'd buy rights for this much of the production line! It certainly seems like a large percentage of the MLP toys coming out will be of the Crystal Empire line.

Only time will tell, I guess!

Post Merge: September 04, 2012, 08:07:18 AM

So, how many people are going to Not Buy that princess set at Target now that they know these are coming? :P
Cutie Marks are on "opposite" flanks... reason enough for me... :lol:

Oh god, suddenly I now have the sneaking suspicion that Hasbro does the 'one leg raised pose' and the 'print cutie mark on opposite flank' just to get collectors to buy more re-releases.... :ninja:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:07:18 AM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2012, 08:10:25 AM »
Quote from: Dragonflitter
So, how many people are going to Not Buy that princess set at Target now that they know these are coming? :P
Cutie Marks are on "opposite" flanks... reason enough for me... :lol:

Oh god, suddenly I now have the sneaking suspicion that Hasbro does the 'one leg raised pose' and the 'print cutie mark on opposite flank' just to get collectors to buy more re-releases.... :ninja:
*twitch* Attempting to fight...completionist urges @____@

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2012, 08:25:03 AM »
Her paint job looks really nice I can't wait to find one.  I could definitively do without another pinkie pie to add to the box of duplicates.
Has anyone seen these in stores yet??

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2012, 01:37:35 PM »
Well it completely sucks if they're gonna keep producing an entire line of ponies that only Target will get >.< Hasbro won't be doing themselves any favours if they're gonna limit their releases that much O.o

Actually when a store like Target gets the right to mark a product as 'exclusive', they pay big bucks to do so. Hasbro certainly wouldn't provide exclusive rights to Target if they weren't making a profit by doing it. Target is making a gamble that the payment will pay off, because some people, like collectors, will have to come to Target if they want these toys. And the average parent shopping through the toy aisles will see this giant MLP display and it will catch their attention.

That being said, it's really hard to say at this point if the whole line will be Target exclusive, because there has been a LOT of Crystal Empire toys popping up. Target are definitely heavy hitters in the world of sales, including toys (Hasbro is not the only company they have exclusive agreements with) but I don't know if they'd buy rights for this much of the production line! It certainly seems like a large percentage of the MLP toys coming out will be of the Crystal Empire line.

In many ways I think the test will come if and when retail resellers like Big Bad Toy Store or Entertainment Earth suddenly carry anything which is CE. They cant carry exclusives so if any of these items turn up with sellers like that its a good sign :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2012, 03:49:51 PM »

In many ways I think the test will come if and when retail resellers like Big Bad Toy Store or Entertainment Earth suddenly carry anything which is CE. They cant carry exclusives so if any of these items turn up with sellers like that its a good sign :)

Oh I have no doubt Hasbro is making profit of it even though it's only limited to Target at the moment. However, only releasing something in one specific store in one country should with all logic say that it will make less profit than releasing it worldwide where everyone can buy it.
Unless you Americans are serious shoppers who do spend enough for the entire world :P
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2012, 03:59:11 PM »
Just because its a Target exclusive though doesnt limit it to the US :)

Target may simply have paid for US [and perhaps Australia] rights. Hasbro would be daft to let them tie them to an international exclusivity when they only operate in 2 countries - thats a market limiter.

Canterlot Target ponies have shown up in various retailers across the globe - I would hope the same happens with some of the CE line.
Loa is my love god!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2012, 06:21:34 PM »
Yayyyyy! I'm so excited to get her!! ...even if she does come with yet another Pinkie Pie XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Visage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2012, 03:03:23 AM »
I like them both!
I hope they aren't exclusive..

Offline Teagan_Louise

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://tangaar.devinantart.com
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2012, 04:43:41 AM »
Her wings look so much better then those crappy foil ones that she had..this is much much better..and I would be happy to buy her like this.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal