collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Fluttershy?  (Read 5897 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: New Fluttershy?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 10:23:05 AM »
I *REALLY* don't understand why people say they have a hard time opening up the old packaging. I just did it in less than 30 seconds. No ripping, no tearing, no struggling, just cutting the tape in the back and POOF out comes a pony.

ANywho! Yay for less plastics. :) And yay for those cute accessories. This might be the first time I want accessories, but alas I am not buying in mane6 brushables.

OH, And PS, this packaging is technically harder since it is all glued onto the backcard and there is no clean way to release it. It will involve tearing. I hate the design, but I'm all for use of less plastics, so I'm cool with it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:25:47 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 10:28:21 AM »
It might be easier to steal from, but I like it anyways. If they see too much loss, they'll probably change it back.

I just hope they're still able to release dvd's with them in this type of packaging. The dvd's are my favorite "bonus" item, since they haven't released a box set yet.

Thanks for sharing the picture with us! It's definitely interesting.

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 10:29:23 AM »
Hallelujah, old-fashioned card-packaging.

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 10:39:07 AM »
I really hope that this new (old) packaging means no more of the plastic strips in the hair.  Besides that, it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and nostalgic.

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »
Wants!  :lol:

Offline Mapago

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 11:21:51 AM »
I do like the new package, it makes shipping and handling way easier, and people would steal even from the actual ones, so I don't think it will change things too much. And the fact it reminds so much of the G1 cards is a nice bonus

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 11:28:31 AM »
I do like the new package, it makes shipping and handling way easier, and people would steal even from the actual ones, so I don't think it will change things too much. And the fact it reminds so much of the G1 cards is a nice bonus
Is nostalgia really the reason people think this is better?
Well, I was too young for G1s, so maybe. :/
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 11:37:36 AM »
Is nostalgia really the reason people think this is better?
Well, I was too young for G1s, so maybe. :/

That's not what people are saying for the most part. That's just, as Mapago said, a nice bonus.
The main reason I think people like it is the use of less packaging material, so less waste, better for the environment, etc etc.
I personally like this packaging.:)

Offline Mapago

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 11:37:48 AM »
It's not simply nostalgia, as an student in packaging design I can see why Hasbro's changing their packaging; This kind of card takes less room, so it would fit more cards inside shipping boxes or make it possible to use smaller ones; making shipping to the retailers cheaper; also, less plastic and tape means less money spent on a thing that will most probably be trown away at first chance; the ponies are no longer half-hidden behind some vector art; and some other benefits; not to mention the whole "environmentally friendly" idea that also helps promoting the product.
Sorry if I mispelled anything :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:48:15 AM by Mapago »

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 11:39:36 AM »
Ack, should have just let you respond instead of opening my mouth. >_<

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 11:39:40 AM »
Hallelujah, new packaging!  Goodbye, dented pony legs!

I don't think this will result in more stealing.  The blind bags are little "potato chip" style packaging that can be opened in a second and the figures are so tiny someone could stow, like, twenty of them in their pocket.  A card like this is not something a little kid is going to be able to tear open in five seconds.  As for adults who steal--well, if they are determined to steal a pony, they are probably going to find a way to do it regardless of the packaging.

Regarding the pony herself, I'm disappointed that she doesn't have tinsel in her tail.  I don't like it when manes and tails don't match.  Maybe this is a prototype thing?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Mapago

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 11:43:25 AM »
Ack, should have just let you respond instead of opening my mouth. >_<
Lol, that's okay, I just wanted to point out some more of the reasons I liked it =P I tend to talk too much sometimes  :lookround:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:47:34 AM by Mapago »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 11:47:37 AM »
Oh yeah, totally agree that it will make shipping ponies to retailers more efficient.  When I store MOCs with that kind of bubble, I put them with the bubbles facing each other, but one card "upside down".  (Wow, I hope that makes sense, ha ha!)  Like, the "My Little Pony" logo of MOC #1 is touching the bubble of MOC #2, and vice versa.   

It seems to me it would take twice as much space to store 6 "boxy plastic packaging" Fluttershys as it would 6 "pony bubble only" carded Fluttershys.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 11:49:36 AM »
So cool! I cannot wait until these are in shops :D Imagine a huge bank of ponies in this G1-style packaging... :lovey:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Gogobinsin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 11:52:37 AM »
I like the overall design of this better than the old/current ones. I'm only 18 so it's nothing to do with G1 but I just love that there's way less plastic. I also really love the colours of the new Crystal Empire theme, the yellow/gold/purple combo as well as the twinkling stars and night time theme looks really magical ^.^ Packaging plays a big part in attracting customers to a product so it's got to look eye catching and display the product well. It's easier to see the ponies and any defects they may have I feel but at the end of the day, most people end up trashing the packaging after getting the product out so is it really that much of a big deal? I am one of those people that keeps pony packaging by the way, need to get round to cutting the plastic bubbles off the front though, eurgh so much waste :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal