collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Uhmmm...my mailman asked me for money!?  (Read 9848 times)

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Uhmmm...my mailman asked me for money!?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 11:05:06 AM »
Am I dense or it is possible to send in the US a package without enough postage (and charge it to the receiver?).

At least in Mexico I can't put a package while not paying the full shipping cost =P

But I insist, that's really weird of him to leave the package, then return, and for the third time ask the money =P

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2012, 03:19:32 PM »
Am I dense or it is possible to send in the US a package without enough postage (and charge it to the receiver?).

At least in Mexico I can't put a package while not paying the full shipping cost =P

But I insist, that's really weird of him to leave the package, then return, and for the third time ask the money =P
one of 2 things happens if you don't put enough postage on in the us(this would only happen if you used stamps or you print postage and did not enter the correct weight,)  the postal service either sends it to the person and charges them, or the package gets sent back to you
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2012, 04:20:32 PM »

one of 2 things happens if you don't put enough postage on in the us(this would only happen if you used stamps or you print postage and did not enter the correct weight,)  the postal service either sends it to the person and charges them, or the package gets sent back to you

So in the end, if it's not the correct weigh and not enough postage you're playing what will happen? 

*hugs Mexican PO service*

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 05:00:15 PM »

So in the end, if it's not the correct weigh and not enough postage you're playing what will happen? 

not sure how it works in mexico, but it can go either way in the US, also did not quite get what you was asking chica:)
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2012, 06:02:20 PM »

Yes, it is basically up to the USPS to decide whether or not to return the package or try to collect the postage due from the addressee...  :(  Pretty risky!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2012, 09:43:06 PM »
Pretty stupid if you ask me. Honestly, I think it's a trashy way to try and get money out of you even if you made a simple mistake. They should just return it to the sender.

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2012, 11:42:14 PM »
Pretty stupid if you ask me. Honestly, I think it's a trashy way to try and get money out of you even if you made a simple mistake. They should just return it to the sender.

The sign above the counter at my PO says to check your receipt etc. because all sales are final. I think if they make a mistake and don't charge enough, it should be on them. However, in my case it was different as it got sent to my old address and forwarded to my new address so I found out. That is definitely my fault but my delivery guy should have given me proof, not tried to shake me down for 8 bucks at my door lol.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 04:37:52 PM »
we have had stuff returned to us for being .25 of an ounce off!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal