collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: >gush!< ...A proud moment or two ;)  (Read 1067 times)

Offline KtKat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: >gush!< ...A proud moment or two ;)
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 06:02:24 PM »
My husband is actually the one who got me into ponies.  Twilight Sparkle is his absolute favorite.  He's really only a fan of FiM and the fanart relating to it, but he has claimed my blind bag Twilight and usually has one of the other mane six with her on his desk.  He jokes that I have too many ponies but he always humors me when its time to go looking for new ones. ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 06:40:30 PM »
My dad and I were in the car, and I happened to have Scootaloo and Sweetiebelle (g4, if anyone wants to know) with me. My dad was laughing at me for having them (in a nice way though, as usual), and I introduced them. My dad really liked Scootaloo. Probably just for her name, because that's why I began to like her at first, but either way, he wouldn't get enough of her. He was eating donuts, and he "shared" some with Scoot! And we made up a song 'bout her, too XD

I just love hearing stories like these!
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »
I love these stories :) They make you feel good when you read them. My ex did put up with them and even talked to his friends about my collection when they would come over.

My boyfriend the other day was over and my daughter was showing him her collection. He thought they were cute looking. I also brought up my childhood ones. But he does not know that I collect them yet.....wonder what he is going to think about them?  He thinks my Gerbils and Breyers are cute. So I think he would be ok with the Ponies?????  LOL

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 11:57:38 PM »
So cute!  :lovey:

My husband mostly ignores my ponies, but once he picked up my original Little Flitter and said, "this one's your favorite, right?"  I said, yes, she was.  He then said "and her name is Flitter Bug" in the most matter-of-fact tone!  It cracked me up.  Another time, he ran to the store and came home with a Fluttershy, who I had been searching for (this was at the very beginning of the G4 era).  I was so thrilled!

When my sister threw my bridal shower, my husband helped her sneak some of my ponies off my shelf without me noticing.  Then when I arrived at the shower, she had pony-themed it and put my own ponies on the cupcake display and hidden with the martini glasses at the mashed potato bar (yes, you read that right.  We had my grandma's mashed potatoes in martini glasses with any topping you could ever want!)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 01:36:32 AM »
I had a friend excitedly ring me one day... "I found a pony for you!  It's real because it says 'Hasbro' on the foot, just like you told me!"   It  was a G2 with nibbled ears but she was so pleased with herself - I was really pleased with her too... who knows, it could be a minty Mimic next time!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal