collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: >gush!< ...A proud moment or two ;)  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
>gush!< ...A proud moment or two ;)
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:33:40 AM »
Ah.... our significant other halves.... or family... or friends.... those within our personal circles who may or may not understand our pony madness...

I was just patrolling ebay, and hubby walked in. We had a giggle at a couple of ponies (i.e along the lines of him saying 'egads! what's THAT thing!?' and then I scrolled further down the page. He then cries out 'Wait! Stop! Go back up...'  I oblige, wondering what he is going to take the piss out on now, and then he pipes up: 'Isn't that an old one! That's a G1!! Hahahaha!! See! I do know G1's! I know some stuff!'

I was as proud of him as he was of himself  :lol:

He also oozed pony cuteness last night when I hauled out one of my ponies to do a sketch of. He glanced up from his book as we were sitting on the couch and says randomly: 'I saw a pony I liked in your cabinet today.'  I look up, rather astonished. 'Really?' says I. 'Which one was it?'
'It was on your top shelf... A (our youngest daughter) pointed it out to me. It was grey, with pink hair. It was kinda cute.'
'Hearts on the bottom?' I ask, which confirmed that this cute new pony discovery was good old Snuzzle (one of my favourties, too  :)).

I have to confess, it was rather heart-warming to have a positive comment on my ponies!

There are often threads of this nature... cute hubby moments etc... but they are so sweet. Has anyone new, similar stories to share?  :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: >gush!< ...A proud moment or two ;)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 12:41:47 AM »
Aww, that's soooo cute ^.^ I would be thrilled if any of my family showed some interest in my ponies!

The only thing I can think of is my nephew and his cousins (ages 4-7 at the time) each made a card for me for my birthday last year and they drew ponies all over them because they knew how much I love them :) I still have the cards, they're really sweet :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 02:54:18 AM »
After all this time my hubby knows lots about ponies and we're even working on a competition entry together for UK Ponycon :biggrin:

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 03:21:03 AM »
It's so awesome when your other half/family members try to learn about the ponies despite the fact that it might not be their biggest interest :) Always heartwarming that they care enough about you to take an interest in your interests.

My fiance is desperatly trying to learn everything about the ponies XD Always asking questions as I'm setting things up in my ponyroom, wanted to watch the FiM show so we did despite the fact that I've already seen the episodes about a billion times, bought me ponies for my birthday and as I got doubles of the wave 4 Blind Bags he said he wanted a metallic Pinkie Pie if I got a double of her. And when I did he grabbed it instantly and he proudly have her right next to his computer now XD
I know he will never have the same interest in the Ponies that I do, but that he's making such an effort to get more knowledge about them and be appart of my collecting is awesome =)
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 03:26:04 AM »
nice, my story is kinda cute story and cringe worthy at the same time.
My 19 month old son has taking to want to 'pat' the ponies and so I have to get him one out of the display cabinet so he can pat it and then put it back... there is no way I am allowed to put it back so there is a bunch of ponies facing the wrong way! Anyhow as a whole he is pretty good but he has taking to wanting to pat the ponies which happen to be customs with delicate wings... I let him but boy to I cringe at the same time... Its like bitter sweet he is being so cute and he is so proud of the ponies :  )

This is what I mean... my little fella opened my mail.... and yes that is greek bluebelle and italian applebelle. It took me half the day to get bluebelle back lol

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 03:30:08 AM by nhal039 »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 05:04:09 AM »
Thats a sweet story :) It always gives me a nice feeling when loved ones show they have a little pony knowledge or pony interest...means they care enough to listen to us as we go on and on about our ponies! :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 05:24:23 AM »
Hubby swears DD has enough ponies.  Then hits a thrift store during lunch, calls and asks if she has a specific one that he then describes.  Last time he brought home "Paws" and a Pretty Kitty.   
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 05:31:41 AM »
Awwwwww such cute stories!

My family isn't very pleased with my ponies, they mention at least once a week that I have too many. But my mum came into my room just a few minutes ago and just stood there, I looked up from my laptop when she said "The little girl I never had" and she was smiling. Growing up I hated all things girly, I was a real tomboy and played video games with my two brothers... at the end of highschool I guess you could say I started acting a bit more girly so she likes to joke that I'm the daughter she never had, like I'm aging in reverse lol :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 06:56:14 AM »
What cute stories!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 07:13:23 AM »
well as ost of you know my parents are  ona road trip. they had to go out to texas due to a family  death. but decided they  would just maek a triup out of it.   thye know i llove ponys. so mom digs around for ponys wherever they go..  they  cehcked every wallmart  bewtween  here and tecxas, north caralina,  teeneese and ga and alabama thath ey could. even goin to one that was 50 miles out of there way to find me ponys.   well  here iw as thinking that it was just my mom doing it. 

my dad complains all the time  i have too much junk stuff like that. but then  i  get a text  on saunday night.  my moms named a playset  and  was like seen it? have? want it? and of course its one i wanted  so i was just like o.o. yes!  well  turns out that my DAD the  72 year old  grumpy as  anything  half  death  guy found this playset. my mom saw it  but didnt  think anyhting of it. my dad spoted it  and saw the mlps on it.  andsnaggged it.  mom was just so excited.  but she said i had t o act surpised because dad  diidnt want mom tot ell me aobut it so i would be surprsied.  hes so proud of himself  for finding me one.  he wants  to watch my eyes  light up when  he sees  what he got me XD
i thought it was sweet.  we dont do much together.. so   i was touched that  he was acutly having fun loking fo ponys as well. let me tell you this guy isnt the kind to look around hes more lets go in get it get out.. and they spent hours in wallmarts digging through the ponys for me.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 09:24:09 AM »
My sist can name the mane six of the G4 and my other sister wants to style all my ponies' hair when she comes back from res! I am so happy they are finally seeing it as a fun collection and not...well, they had some pretty bad phrases for them.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 02:49:47 PM »
These are gorgeous stories!  :biggrin:  It's so nice to have the occasional nice comment/gesture thrown our pony collections' way, isn't it?  Sometimes I can feel a bit alone in my collecting. It's hard for people to understand the adoration I have for my G1s! My dad gets it the best, as he's a bit of a collector too, of model classic cars/beautiful old school trains.

My girls of course love my ponies, so nhal, your story of your son (who is SUPER cute btw!) made me laugh! I have the same problem... the ponies will come out for the occasional kiss, and I'll have to wait till after hours to tidy up the cabinet again  :lol:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 02:54:59 PM »
My dad back in my hometown will buy me ponies if he sees them at a garage sale! I'll be visiting my parents soon and I've got Coconut Grove and Pumpkin Tart waiting for me! Previously he found me a 3.5 Rainbow Dash. X3

My parents actually think my collecting, and particularly restoring of older MLPs is a neat hobby-- especially my dad who, like me, has a love of vintage stuff. My fiance is, thankfully, supportive. He only likes FiM and doesn't own any toys himself, but we do enjoy watching the show together, and I'm glad that we can share that!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 02:56:43 PM by reanna-mator »
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 03:04:05 PM »
My little sister is 9 and she has all of the main 6 + 2 fashion styles. She says she wants to start collecting G1 and we even browse ebay together.

Offline Jahlila

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »
My boyfriend has become a great pony hunter. He's found me multiple G1s at flea markets. When I asked him how he manages to remember which ones are real and which ones are fake, he said "I just look at the eyes and then under their feet to see how old they are." I never even taught him that, so I was so proud of him.

My favorite story is a much more recent one. He'd taken an interest in watching me make customs and has been very supportive in my experimenting with different materials. About a week ago, I came home from work and he had several friends over from work. I walked in and he was showing off my latest work and going on and on about how good he thought my past ones were too. They were all surprisingly impressed and a few even asked me if they could pay me to make ponies for them or their significant others. I was so very proud and flattered by how much he wanted to show off what I did.  :blush:
*~*Jahlila*~*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal