collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: wrong item from TRU  (Read 391 times)

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
wrong item from TRU
« on: August 24, 2012, 06:20:18 PM »
During the recent buy one, get one 40% off sale I ordered the new exclusive version of the My Little Pony train set from Toysrus.com ie. this one http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12885995&prodFindSrc=rv#soldInStore (as well as the Twilight Sparkle RC car but she hasn't arrived yet) and well I got a Chuggington track pack instead  >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Chuggington set isn't even listed on their website anymore but it is only listed as selling for $14.99 direct from Tomy (I paid $39.99 for the MLP train set). The box was ripped/crushed in a few places too despite the fact that the shipping crate was in pristine condition. I called TRU and it's mostly sorted now, they have already sent me a return label for the Chuggington thing and have sent me a new MLP train.

Like I said this has already been pretty much sorted out but the reason I am posting this is to see if anyone else had recent issues with receiving the wrong item from TRU? I have never really had any issues with ordering from them online before but this has left me kind of baffled as other the two items having train in the name they don't really have anything in common.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: wrong item from TRU
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:54:20 PM »
wow sounds like someone at TRU really messed up your order! :crazy:  hopefully it should be a pretty straight forward return/replace though and I'm glad to hear things are being resolved :hug:
I've never ordered from TRU online personally, but I've heard of them messing up orders before- it normally gets resolved quite quicky thankfully .
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: wrong item from TRU
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 06:54:36 PM »
I have a few clients in retail distribution so I know how this stuff happens. It's just due to the sheer size of the logistics operation.

These centres are huge and often automated. Each item in the 300,000 sq ft or so warehouse has a number. Someone enters the number of the item into the picking system. The picking system takes the number entered, finds the items, puts it in its hopper and then delivers it to packing.

So someone probably entered the wrong number in this case or there was a system issue in the numbers or someone had stocked something on the wrong shelf. Chances are that the number in their system for what you got is reasonably close to what you wanted but has nothing to do with the name of the product or anything.

If they are good when you approach them to fix it, then you are usually good with buying from them again.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal