collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When a pony doesn't show up?  (Read 567 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
When a pony doesn't show up?
« on: August 24, 2012, 09:25:47 AM »
Alright question,

I bought a pony around a month ago that has not shown up yet. I'm not accusing the seller since they have good feedback and will provide information from the shipping receipt. I've simply never had a package go missing before. Here are some questions I have.

1. It's a package from outside the U.S. so what is the typical shipment time? I know people say it takes longer, and I understand just this is longer than most I have received.

2. Is there anyway we can try to get information on the package without tracking? I'm assuming it's a no and such, but does the customs form or anything typically help with this?

3. If for some reason we cannot figure out where the pony is, and she doesn't show up how are these situations typically handled. I paid, I do believe she shipped and neither of us worried a great deal about tracking (mistake looking back on with regret now, just took the gamble since outside U.S. tracking is so crazy). How do you typically deal with ponies missing?
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: When a pony doesn't show up?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 09:39:40 AM »
Honestly depending on where the pony was shipped from and what service was used it will be hard to track.

The US customs borders have been cracking down as of recent so it is possible it is caught up there.  I truly doubt it has gone missing at this point in time, as it is not unusual for packages to take 4-6 weeks to arrive.

I think your best bet right now is to keep good communications and allow a bit more time. If it comes down to it perhaps your seller can refund your money and when it arrives you can send payment through again.  But whatever you do not let the deadline of 45 days to pass with Paypal.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 09:39:52 AM »
I'm sorry you're going through this.  :hug:

This also happened to me when I bought a Tornado from the UK. Took just under a month when shipments from the UK usually take at most 2 weeks. Even had some tracking info but it wasn't updated.

Where is the package coming from? That makes a difference in transit time. But unfortunately the times can be really long and even longer. It could just be stuck in customs.

If you have the customs number from the customs form, you may get some info when typed into the tracking box at USPS.com. I've had packages make it to my house without customs forms though.

I'm sure others will have some other info and advice too.

Good luck!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 05:10:44 PM »
I just want to second with that thing about US costumes. I recently had a package held by customs for a month. It stunk.

Do you at least have a customs number?

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 05:38:38 PM »
I did a trade on here with someone outside the US, the pony she sent me arrived two days ago, the ponies I sent her have not.   Being on the sender end, if they didn't get to her, I'd either offer to pick up more and resend, or pay depending on what the other person wanted to do!  Hopefully in both of our cases the packages will get there!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »
I wanted to mention too, one time I had been waiting for an international shipment and it just never got here.  A month went by and a week later I get it.  I looked at the date it was shipped and even though the lady said she shipped it that day. It was posted two weeks later than the date I thought it went out.  So, in my case the package was three weeks getting to me instead of 7.  I would request a scan jpeg of the customs receipt so you can see it was in fact shipped and the date it went out. I do this with all of my arena trades and purchases..and would on ebay if I had too.  Not saying this is your issue by any means.  For all I know maybe in that case with me the po held onto the package for two weeks. That was the only international purchase I had that I didn't ask for a copy of the receipt.  Now I always do.  That was a UK purchase.  I couldn't figure out what was going on because, I buy from a lady in Germany all of the time and it only takes 2 weeks to get her stuff.  Why would it take 7 weeks to get something from the UK.  This was a year ago.

If I was a seller and my package to someone got lost I would either replace the pony or refund the money even if I had proof I shipped it...this is because, I stand by my reputation as a seller and would rather not have a buyer out of funds no matter the reason.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:42:35 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 06:49:06 PM »
:hug:  Its awful when a package goes missing. I've just had the same thing happen to me (only I was the buyer). Have you checked at your local PO incase they have the parcel (and havent left a note if you were out when they tried to deliver it) ?
I know its been mentioned, but it really does depend on where your item was coming from. For example, here in the UK  there are no customs numbers. Our customs form is just a sticker that goes on the front of the parcel and we dont have a copy of it or anything :( . However, in the UK a PO receipt even without tracking ,is proof of shipping, and Royal mail will refund your sellers money in full (she will need to go to the PO and get a form to fill in and send off. ), so neither you nor your seller would be out of monies if the item doesnt turn up ;) .  But, if your seller is not from the UK, then things are different. I believe there is still no customs number when shipping from other European countries, but as with the US etc  I dont think that they will refund the sellers money if the item was shipped without tracking :(  In that case  ask your seller if she can post a pic of the PO receipt as proof of shipping and also to show when it was shipped - then you can work out how long its been , and here are the options :
1.) Your seller refunds you in full.  she is out of her monies and ponies though  (this is what will happen if you open a Paypal case) you can re-send the money if/when your parcel shows up
2.)  Your seller has other ponies you'd like as a replacement , and sends them to make up for the missing parcel
3.) You and your seller go half and half with the money. she has proof she shipped, but the item hasnt arrived, so instead of either one of you losing out on the full amount, she refunds you half of what you paid. You can then re-send the other half of the money when the item arrives.

I hope that the parcel shows up eventually :hug: Its good to hear that you and your seller have kept good communication though and I'm sure you can both talk through the options and work this out :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies. I sent her a message about making this thread, since I think we both agreed we have not had a package go missing before. She's supposed to scan and show me the receipt for shipment this weekend, so I should have that soon.  I know weird things always happen, and a month is a little early to panic. I'm not in like panic stage, but just a little worried. I have had ponies come from Sweden, UK, Canada and Germany lately that were sent after this transaction. That is just the main reason for my concern.

That being said about a month ago I had another package I feared would not come in. The seller sent it from Canada, and I got several Canadian packages in within like a week of them being sent. They flew by this one and it went on to almost over a month I think? Then it showed up with the early date stamp of when she sent it. The post office is goofy so there is no telling. I juts have a habit if it's been a month waiting for a package I prepare myself for the worst. Maybe with the way luck is after posting this thread it will show up in the morning. :lol:

I'll call the post office next week. I actually usually call once a week just to check because our carriers here are bad about "leaving a note" and in reality never leaving it. >_<
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 01:37:02 AM »
hugs to you, sorry to hear about it. I do have to say parcels from nz normally take 2 weeks to get to the states... however they have taken 6 weeks before! Also I find european countries receive parcels much quicker than you guys in the states only because yours get held up for so long in customs. No need to panic yet as I what to do hmmm....
Personally this is just me thou... I would consider it lost and move on : ( I would be upset thou. I just figure for the amount of times my parcels have been lost way out weight the cost of tracking for all my pony parcels!

I am sure if you keep in touch with the seller you can work out a solution... it still may turn up ; )

xx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal