collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: You should be able to trust fellow ponies but...  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
You should be able to trust fellow ponies but...
« on: August 22, 2012, 12:45:50 PM »
Obviously there are some that are out to get what they can for themselves which I find sad on a site like this as it seems there are getting to be too many.
It has be over a month since the fair and one of the people I roomed with has amazingly forgot about me when it comes to paying up for the rental car. Isn't it remarkable haw someone can keep in touch when it is to their advantage and then just disappear after they have gotten what they want. Oh well, I guess it was my fault for not making sure I had the bucks in my hand before driving her and her luggage all over. I just sort thought it was like sharing hotel rooms. You do it and split it up. After all, when I rent a car with some one, I feel obligated to share the cost. Especially with the cost of gas and if I am the one taking them out of their way to take me to where I want to go. Maybe I am just dumb but is that really so much to ask?

LazuliRose

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: You should be able to trust fellow ponies but...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 12:49:34 PM »
You're not dumb hun, people just like to take nice people for a ride, it pisses me off but there isn't much we can do...  Good luck with the whole thing hun!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 02:00:31 PM »
Did you guys have an agreement to split the rental car or did you just assume she would pay for 1/2 if you drove her around?

If there was an agreement- I would pester her until she paid up and she is way not cool.  If not, well it would have been decent of her to offer to share the cost, but I don't think you can expect her to automatically agree to pay for half the expense if you took it upon yourself to get a car, volunteered to drive her around, and did not mention splitting the costs until after.

It would be nice if every pony was more considerate of others and she should have helped you with the expense- but maybe next time you could make your expectations clear before driving her around? (Although if you did and she is now blowing you off, than totally shame on her)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 03:14:47 PM »
There would have been at least some kind of agreement as prior to the Fair, people were encouraged to post about sharing hotel rooms/cars/that sort of thing. 

Perhaps you should PM the mods what this member's ID is and see if they can help you...  :(
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 03:27:15 PM »
This sort of thing really bothers me. We're a community, and we look out for one another.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »
Skylar I am sorry you had a personal issue with this member. 

I would think that if you split the cost of the room that you would also split your means of transporatation.

Have you contacted this member regarding this?  And if so has she ignored your attempts to contact her and recoup your money? 

If you feel you need further assistance please contact Ringlets or I.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »
:hug:  I'm so sorry to hear this. I would think that all the costs would be shared.  Maybe there has been some kind of misunderstanding or something? has the member been online since the fair?  and like Ponylady mentioned, is she ignoring your messages about the matter?  :what:
I hope that this can all be resolved, but of course PM us if  you need more help

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 11:42:08 PM »
Did you guys have an agreement to split the rental car or did you just assume she would pay for 1/2 if you drove her around?

If there was an agreement- I would pester her until she paid up and she is way not cool.  If not, well it would have been decent of her to offer to share the cost, but I don't think you can expect her to automatically agree to pay for half the expense if you took it upon yourself to get a car, volunteered to drive her around, and did not mention splitting the costs until after.

It would be nice if every pony was more considerate of others and she should have helped you with the expense- but maybe next time you could make your expectations clear before driving her around? (Although if you did and she is now blowing you off, than totally shame on her)

I agree with everything here to the tee. If there was an agreement then it's really bad but if there wasn't then it's hard to ask for anything.

So was there an agreement? It sounds like there may have been.

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 05:28:12 AM »
I just got a msg from Skylar about this today - I'm who she's talking about and if I had known she expected a little bit I would have been more than happy to reimburse her - I was only in the car twice - once when we drove to my friends apartment and back from there - Jessica drove us too and from the parks to save us money on parking and the other time was the trip to the second hotel where we all stayed together for a couple of nights then Skylar left to go to Coco Beach. I took the bus the rest of the trip.
I'd said in my msg today that I'd be happy to pay a bit for some of the rental car and gas. She never said anything about it. I've rented cars in the past and never expected anyone to chip in as I would have had to rent it anyways. But if she wants a bit for gas and towards the rental I would have as she said 'handed it over.'
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 07:30:53 AM »
I just got a msg from Skylar about this today - I'm who she's talking about and if I had known she expected a little bit I would have been more than happy to reimburse her - I was only in the car twice - once when we drove to my friends apartment and back from there - Jessica drove us too and from the parks to save us money on parking and the other time was the trip to the second hotel where we all stayed together for a couple of nights then Skylar left to go to Coco Beach. I took the bus the rest of the trip.
I'd said in my msg today that I'd be happy to pay a bit for some of the rental car and gas. She never said anything about it. I've rented cars in the past and never expected anyone to chip in as I would have had to rent it anyways. But if she wants a bit for gas and towards the rental I would have as she said 'handed it over.'

I agree with your sentiment. I think if there if there is any money to be exchanged there should be an agreement made beforehand. Otherwise, it's just awkward and messy.

I hope you guys can come to an agreement. Best of luck.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 06:10:55 PM »
Thank you for coming here and  posting your side of the story Ivy  :hug:   Like RPB mentioned, its always awkward when nothing has been agreed on beforehand but I hope that you and Skylar can work things out . 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 04:50:38 AM »
Thanks for posting Ivy.

I hope the two of you can come to some sort of resolution.  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 12:19:04 PM »
As you can tell, I do not spend alot of time on here. Ivy did pay up some $$ and I respect her for that. I guess she will not admit to ignoring my requests until I finally got nasty. She may not have been in the car much but she took me out of my way by many miles, once with bunch of luggage that I was supposed to drag to Seaworld and park in the parking lot with while she ran off and played. "Ahh, yea. No we are checking into your hotel early." Then that night she had the nerve to call about the time the fireworks were about to start and demand I come get her because she wanted to go to Downtown Disney. And the 'I was going to rent it anyway' excuse was about what I expected. When she said that she would wait until after I left to get a car so she could look for apartments, I guess I misunderstood what that meant. I mean, how many people share hotel rooms and divide the cost without going into exact details. Those of you that actually hop into anothers rental car and feel no obligation to help out in anyway, please do not ask to ride in a car or share a hotel room with me as that attitude tells me alot about the type of person that you are.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 06:40:35 PM »
Locking for totally unnecessary final post.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal