Pony Talk > MLP Nirvana

Red Haired Tootsie Prototype!

<< < (5/8) > >>

Ember1:
I just donated a picture of her to the gallery for you PWK.

I just can't believe there are two. How exciting.. Do you think she is a variant or some sort of a prototype?

partypony566:
She is absolutely stunning! :dribble: I will have to get a custom made version :lovey:

kitkatvintage:
I got several unexplained ponies from my friend. She had some that were legit prototypes (tan or peach color test shots), and a few in pose/color combos that were different from the regular release (with the exception of this Tootsie, I think the others I have are one of a kind). Since Ember's came directly from Hasbro's store I do think this pony is a prototype or some sort of color test version, not a store bought variation.

Edit to add:
Where have the reverse Gusties been found? I think at least one came from Europe. I don't think this Tootsie is directly related. I think the reverse Gusties are related to the Scandinavian Gusty, where these Tootsies are probably from the US.

LadyGuinevere:
I was just wondering about the similarity to the colour of reverse Gusty's hair ;) At  least two reverse Gustys, possibly three have been found in the UK. I don't think any have been found in Scandinavia, and we didn't have a glittery symbolled Gusty here. However, we did get end of line ponies, and the oddball princess and happy tail ponies, so can never rule those odd things out here ;)

As for this Tootsie, if both have come from the US then it leans towards that possibility, but at least one reverse Gusty is reported to have been found there, so anything is possible. I wouldn't expect her to be a general release, but I wouldn't rule it out completely (limited though, a little like lavender Woosie), but she could be an early run, or maybe test run. There are two, and they look similar, so I would not consider her a prototype as such.

kitkatvintage:
Sorry, what I meant about reverse Gusty is that she has green eyes & glittery symbols like the Scandinavian release, so she's related in that sense. I know Helen had one (Gusty) which she got in an eBay lot from somewhere in Europe years ago. "End of the line oddities" sounds like a likely possibility if reverse Gusty has turned up in the UK.

I don't think this Tootsie would be in the same category as lavender Woosie, or we would have seen more of her by now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version