collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Had amazon order shipped to wrong address - am I screwed? :(  (Read 62234 times)

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
Had amazon order shipped to wrong address - am I screwed? :(
« on: August 19, 2012, 05:05:52 PM »
I made an order through amazon (2day prime shipping), and changed my billing address instead of my shipping address on accident  :cry:
UPS says that I can request it be rerouted for 11$ :/ but that's more than the cost of the item itself! (though only by a few cents)

I lived in an apartment, and our office wouldn't take packages, so you either pick it up at your door, or you don't get it ;n;

Am I just screwed and the person who lives there now is just going to get a free hot pink 3DS accessory kit?  :cry:  Hope they like it....

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Re: Had amazon order shipped to wrong address - am I screwed? :(
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 05:17:07 PM »
How long ago did you move? If you have/had address forwarding, it's good for a year. So it should get to your other address and then someone will have it forwarded to you once delivery there fails if you moved less than a year ago.

Maybe someone else will have a better solution. Hopefully your package gets to you!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Knibitz

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »
This is UPS though, not USPS :( they don't forward mail unless you chose their special service... but I'm hoping just someone knows a loophole :(

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 01:02:25 AM »
This is UPS though, not USPS :( they don't forward mail unless you chose their special service... but I'm hoping just someone knows a loophole :(

Oh that stinks. I had this happen recently with UPS. I had to go to my old addy and pick up the item.

From the message I got from USPS when I forwarded my mail they said they only did it for 3 months? i was very surprised it was so short because I used to remember it being 6 months. Maybe some mails are different.

For the UPS issue, I do remember them saying that to re-forward the mail to a UPS Store was free. Try calling or searching online on how to do that. I almost did that with the package I had to pick up. But they store they would have forwarded it to was actually further than my old addy. So I just let go to the wrong addy.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 04:40:18 AM »
RPB is right, you can have it redirected to a nearby UPS facility for free.

Here is a link to all their options.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/delivery_change.html
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Knibitz

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 11:35:59 AM »
I thought about that, but I live on the other side of the US. I supposed I could have old friends from around that area pick it up for me, but most of my friends that lived there live at least a half hour away during the summer :/

I contacted amazon via chat, and they told me that if the order is refused then it will be sent back and it be refunded, and if "it's not delivered" by, basically, the end of this week, that I can claim for item not received o___0 I feel like that will be a nightmare with the tracking saying it is delivered. 
Here's to hoping the people who live there now will just refuse the package and it will be returned >.<

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »
I take it you don't have a UPS store in your local area?

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Knibitz

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 11:51:40 AM »
I take it you don't have a UPS store in your local area?

I do...

but my package is being shipped to South Carolina and I now live in Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 08:16:35 PM »
I take it UPS won't redirect it to a store that's out of state then?

I would do the friend or family addy thing. The person will probably refuse it though. I would.

I would just say, "Huh? That's not my name." and then the guy would probably just walk away for it to be returned.

Hopefully Amazon covers the cost of shipping so that no one is out of shipping costs if it get returned. That's why I think the redirecting to a friend would be the best even if it is more annoying.

Knibitz

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 09:04:20 PM »
for 11$ they will, but my item cost less than that. They'll hold it at your local UPS store for free though.

I'm amazon prime, so my 2 day shipping is free. No lost shipping charges :)

I got an email later today saying that they marked my package to be held at the local UPS store, if I didn't pick it up in 7 days, it would be returned to amazon and I'd get a refund. :) yay!  Hopefully it really pans out like that!

My biggest fear is that they'd just leave it outside my door. Surprisingly, UPS(amazon) has done that before with DVDs and cheaper items I've ordered. I've come home to my 3rd floor apartment and a dvd will be against my door.
Same thing with the neighbors. No one ever took packages as far as I could tell though. I remember someone had a direct tv package outside their apartment for weeks.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 09:06:56 PM by Knibitz »

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 09:34:12 PM »
Oh good, happy you thought of something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal