collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Since when does combined shipping cost more??!  (Read 2878 times)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Since when does combined shipping cost more??!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 01:06:06 AM »
She may have mistakenly put that amount. Maybe she meant to hit the "5" button but hit the "6" instead).

Or she did what you think. Added more cause she didn't like the final price of the ponies. There are some rare cases in the usa postal system where combining actually makes it more costly to ship. I've had it happen so I just send it separately when it does.

But this has happened to me like twice.

I agree with the just paying for them separately. Get the ponies, make sure they are what you asked for and move on. If she never responds to your inquiries then leave appropriate feedback. It doesn't sound like she is going to be very straight forward at this point.

But who knows, could all be an honest mistake. Unlikely though...

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 10:54:37 AM »
She may have mistakenly put that amount. Maybe she meant to hit the "5" button but hit the "6" instead).

Or she did what you think. Added more cause she didn't like the final price of the ponies. There are some rare cases in the usa postal system where combining actually makes it more costly to ship. I've had it happen so I just send it separately when it does.

But this has happened to me like twice.

I agree with the just paying for them separately. Get the ponies, make sure they are what you asked for and move on. If she never responds to your inquiries then leave appropriate feedback. It doesn't sound like she is going to be very straight forward at this point.

But who knows, could all be an honest mistake. Unlikely though...

That's nice of you to give her the benefit of the doubt, but nope... after I got the first invoice for £6 P&P, I sent her a message asking why and explained that separately they would only add up to £5.20.  She just said to please send £6 and she'd send them in the same box.  Weirdness.  Anyway, I e-mailed her again but never heard from her so I just paid for both separately.  No shipping notification from eBay yet, though.  Sure hope she sends them and doesn't flake.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 06:04:20 PM »
after I got the first invoice for £6 P&P, I sent her a message asking why and explained that separately they would only add up to £5.20.  She just said to please send £6 and she'd send them in the same box. 

*blink*  :blink:  :crazy:  :what:  ok...   this is definitely an odd one . Lets hope you get the ponies, but keep an eye on that paypal deadline just incase...

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 12:51:12 AM »
lol, seriously? Weird. That makes zero sense because even if it were more (which I doubt) she can still send them separately and just charge the same amount for shipping.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 07:06:12 AM »
Keep us informed about how it goes!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 08:16:26 AM »
Thanks for your concern, everyone.  It's not the world's biggest deal, I was just a bit surprised at her nerve in trying to get more money and wondered if anyone else had ever experienced that with another seller before. 

Still no communication from her, not even a shipping notification.  I will give it a few days before I start worrying.  I have more important things to do, like playing peek-a-boo with my daughter, walking along the beach with my sons, and enjoying this last week with my husband before he heads out of town on business.  ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

lisey_baby

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 08:55:31 AM »
Thanks for your concern, everyone.  It's not the world's biggest deal, I was just a bit surprised at her nerve in trying to get more money and wondered if anyone else had ever experienced that with another seller before. 

Still no communication from her, not even a shipping notification.  I will give it a few days before I start worrying.  I have more important things to do, like playing peek-a-boo with my daughter, walking along the beach with my sons, and enjoying this last week with my husband before he heads out of town on business.  ^.^

Sounds like awesome things to keep you preoccupied! Hopefully this all works out soon for you though!

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 03:42:16 PM »

Sounds like awesome things to keep you preoccupied! Hopefully this all works out soon for you though!

Thanks.  :)

It's just a reminder to me that, while some sellers (and buyers) can be really annoying at times, it is all too easy to allow ourselves to get caught up in the worry and frustration instead of enjoying the things and the people that truly do matter.  Peek-a-boo is an everyday occurrence with my baby girl, and I thought of the beach because we went to a local one on Saturday and the boys had a blast.  Rolled up trousers and running barefoot in the soft, wet sand... what could be better?  :P

~Pony Wish List~

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 08:26:13 PM »
Yeah, it's best to let the time past without stressing over something you can't do anything about at the moment. Good luck. Looks like this seller will be getting a hard lesson about lowly priced auctions and combined shipping.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal