collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: You have to wonder...  (Read 4435 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
Re: You have to wonder...
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 02:12:34 AM »
I'm hoping for more stuff like they did for their 25th anniversary with the collector pose ponies and rainbow ponies. Only this time with every generation. I do doubt they still have the molds for all the generations though =/
And with the new G4 fandom I'm afraid it will ONLY be about that =(

Personaly I think it would be cool to see G1's, G2's, G3's, G3.5's and G4's in exclusives packs with 3 favorite ponies. Or a pack where you get one of each generation - the favorite pony of the generation beeing represented.

One can dream though :P

I do wonder though... I remember before the MLP Fair there was a post where people could post their questions that they would like fair-goers to ask the Hasbro representatives. I read some of it and alot of people wanted an answere to the question what they had in mind for their 30th anniversary.
Was anyone at the fair and listening to the Q & A, and if so, was this question brought up and answered?
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 04:48:07 AM »
I would LOVE anything G2, but I doubt it as it was not popular and I imagine Hasbro don't think there's anything to gain there.
I wouldn't get my hopes up for a full G2 set, but I'm holding out for a retro set with 1 pony from each generation. That'd be awesome :lovey:
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 05:43:14 AM »
Gosh, I still really hope they consider a G1 "Mane Six" (Twilight, Applejack, Sparkler, Posey, Firefly, Surprise) set done in G4 style.

All-gen commemoration would be perfect. A set with a pony from each gen would be amazing, but I doubt they will do it.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 05:49:29 AM »
I really hope a Hasbro rep is reading this thread. I definitely agree, a pony from each generation released as a set. But hey, why not make them all look something like the 10th anniversary g1 pony? You know, something different yet celebratory at the same time so not to be confused with regular releases (and yes, glitter and pearly)?

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 06:19:58 AM »
Oh when is their 30th birthday?
I wonder this too. Is it some time this year? The first ponies were released 1982.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 06:20:48 AM »
Sea ponies pleasssssse!!

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 06:26:25 AM »
I don't want to allow myself to get too excited. (I've been burnt before). But I wouldn't be surprised if they did something nice-ish for their 30th. :)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 06:41:22 AM »
I want things like RavenFeather and Owlsy have suggested, G4 ponies with G1 designs. Though a set with one pony of each generation would be interesting, I wonder who they'd choose?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 07:10:06 AM »
If they do decide to do something G2 related, it would be nice if they made a "real" G2 pegasus (i.e., molded-on wings, not a clip-on barrette.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 07:23:13 AM »
Gosh, I still really hope they consider a G1 "Mane Six" (Twilight, Applejack, Sparkler, Posey, Firefly, Surprise) set done in G4 style.
Was Sparkler really such a major character in G1 stories?  Maybe I'm just having trouble finding many books or things starring her.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2012, 07:34:21 AM »
A best of the best set of G1's Rescue at Midnight Castle/Escape From Katrina, The Movie/Friends, Tales, G2, and G3's Favorites.  Each one being a different set!  And ALL done in the G4 Style ponies!!!  For example. The Specials line would have Twilight, Firefly, Applejack, Sundance, Sparkler, and Baby Ember.  The Movie/Tales set would be Wind Whistler, North Star, Magic Star, Shady, Gusty and Fizzy.  Tales would be  Starlight, Sweetheart, Melody, Bright Eyes, Patch, Clover and Bon Bon, G2...umm I don't know many G2's off the top of my head, but would need Ivy!!!!  And G3 favorites would be Minty, Pinkie Pie, Star Catcher, Rarity, Kimono, Rainbow Dash, and Thistle Whistle?
That would be a total pass for me, so not into the G4 I actually passed on the Fair/Comic Con pony for the first time ever due to it being a G4.

I would love if they did ANYTHING G2 related. It would be pretty cool if they did something with sea ponies, but I doubt it.

One word BABIES! 

I want things like RavenFeather and Owlsy have suggested, G4 ponies with G1 designs.

Sorry NO! I am hoping they do not do anything like that.  In away it is already done, I mean look at G4 Rarity compared to G1 Majesty.

I truly hope they give us some G1, G2 and G3 stuff.  The only G4 I collect is the Blind Bags, the regular scale ponies are just not attractive to me though the show is very enjoyable.

Though a set with one pony of each generation would be interesting, I wonder who they'd choose?

Now that would be interesting and tough as so many folks have there favorites.

:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2012, 07:50:07 AM »
hmm perosnaly i'd love to see more giant plush!  in the old style. like say frilly frocks kimono.  Minty  toola roola.  pinky

the new plsuh just... have wrped noses.

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2012, 08:09:10 AM »
I'd like to see the original 6 released in g4 style :)
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2012, 08:17:58 AM »
It would be nice if they released more g1 ponies and perhaps some g2 as well...but I would really like to see some merchandise as well like pillowcases,retro plush,sleeping bags...I want ponies but it would be nice to see some of the merchandise too with a 30th logo attatched in the design...
oh and how about changing a pony up some to include the 30th in the symbol somewhere...imagine the birthday pony with little 30th bday on her...in a way that it actually compliments the pony
I like the retros they made for the 25th but if you ask me the originals were better made
It would be nice if the actually put more thought into it and made retros but didn't changed them somehow...
oh perhaps take a g4 and turn it into a g1
oh the possibilities are endless but lets get creative and make it nice quality
I hope we hear soon

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 08:23:28 AM »
Was Sparkler really such a major character in G1 stories?  Maybe I'm just having trouble finding many books or things starring her.

She appeared in a couple books, but mostly she gets mentioned because Lauren Faust based Rarity off of her . . . Not due to Sparkler's canon personality, but because like most little kids she made up personalities of her own for all her favorite ponies.  :)

Canon Sparkler wasn't really a diva or fashionista.  More of a packrat who collected trinkets, baubles, and anything shiny.  Come to think of it, she should be the patron pony of collectors!  (Her and G3 Minty, of course.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal