collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cleaning a G3 So-Soft?  (Read 631 times)

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
Cleaning a G3 So-Soft?
« on: August 14, 2012, 07:59:46 PM »
My boyfriend's mom got me a So-Soft G3 Pinkie she picked up at Goodwill since I've hinted to her that I collect ponies.  She mentioned that I could give it to my niece if I didn't want it.  Well, tuns out my niece wants it.  The problem is that it's so grimy and smelly and needs a heavy duty cleaning before I hand it off to her.  I'm clueless when it comes to cleaning these things what with their electric components and all.

Suggestions?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 02:04:10 PM by hathorcat »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning a G3 So-Soft?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 02:10:07 AM »
Personally I would just surface wash - the same way you would with any high quality cuddly toy or any toy with mechanical/electrical parts. Essentially a hand wash [or hand scrub] as you would with sensitive clothes. Baby wipes are great for anti bacterial purposes and being sensitive enough not to damage anything all at the same time.

And depending on how damp she gets when washing, make sure she is completely dry - even if that means leaving her out to dry for a week or so - before passing her on. Sometimes they "hold" water in the weirdest places. So "turn" her daily when drying to make sure everything soaks out.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning a G3 So-Soft?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 12:09:40 PM »
Awesome.  Thanks so much!

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal