collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zecora TRU PreOrder Disaster.  (Read 9443 times)

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
Re: Zecora TRU PreOrder Disaster.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
I ordered mine on the 12th also and haven't received the email. I did call them and they informed me they are on back order and no idea when they will be getting shipped.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 05:25:49 AM »
I ordered mine on the 12th also and haven't received the email. I did call them and they informed me they are on back order and no idea when they will be getting shipped.

What I don't understand is how are they already in stores if they're back ordered? It's a confusing mess. I'm going to try to find one today at my local TRU if I do, I'm going to cancel my order, especially since I already paid because I used paypal.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 09:35:27 AM »
They are backorder because they shipped the orders to the stores to stock I bet

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 05:14:21 PM »
Yeah, seems like they shipped to stores first although my TRU only had 2 ponies!! It's been like that for over a week now :( They should've filled pre orders, then shipped to the stores.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »
I ordered mine on July 13th, but I haven't yet received such an email (yet)...

Guess I'll need to keep an eye out at my TRU, too. I'm kind of disappointed in them, though... They never did carry that Pinkie Pie ornament last Christmas, and their stock is usually quite lackluster. :(

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 07:50:18 PM »
Just out of curiosity, can a bunch of paypal claims maybe help?
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 07:56:09 PM »
I hear ya, Bergamonth, that TRU is frustrating in its lack of mlp content sometimes. >.< (I think we're thinking of the same one, anyway haha)

I didn't pre-order one, figuring I'd be able to find her on shelves. I hope there's plenty of stock for everyone, especially for the poor people who pre-ordered. :(
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Zecora TRU PreOrder Disaster. AND Collectors set!
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 10:03:03 AM »
Im on the phone with Toys R Us, or rather, just oot off the phone with them and I have some info that may help people.

I was just told that the favorites collectors set, which I preordered, is unavailable. They do not have any for sale on their website, and they don't have any in stock to ship. But she told me I can print out my confirmation email of the preorder and take it into the store and show it to them and they will give me my item.

So Im about to try that, IF my store even has any in stock anymore. I am so peeved. I didn't even order this for myself. Im just helping out another arena member.

I'll let you know how it goes if it works.

Bronley

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 10:10:38 AM »
Im on the phone with Toys R Us, or rather, just oot off the phone with them and I have some info that may help people.

I was just told that the favorites collectors set, which I preordered, is unavailable. They do not have any for sale on their website, and they don't have any in stock to ship. But she told me I can print out my confirmation email of the preorder and take it into the store and show it to them and they will give me my item.

So Im about to try that, IF my store even has any in stock anymore. I am so peeved. I didn't even order this for myself. Im just helping out another arena member.

I'll let you know how it goes if it works.
I'm confused: does this assume the store might have some Favorites Collection sets on hand but not purchasable without a preorder printout? I don't see why that would happen. If they have them, they would sell them and you wouldn't need the preorder printout.

And they better not be completely out of the Favorites Collection at the warehouse, since none of the stores in Utah have even received any yet (as far as I know via calling and having them check the computer every few days).

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 10:34:42 AM »
The sets are On the shelf for sale. I only know what the woman at the 800 help number called me. It rather made me upset. I do not like to be told that my item is not available. They offered me a refund because they did not have it available.

Post Merge: August 14, 2012, 10:35:48 AM

Currently I am waiting while a supervisor talks to someone on the phone.

I didn't figure it would be as easy as the lady said.

Bronley

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 10:40:59 AM »
The sets are On the shelf for sale. I only know what the woman at the 800 help number called me. It rather made me upset. I do not like to be told that my item is not available. They offered me a refund because they did not have it available.

Post Merge: August 14, 2012, 10:35:48 AM

Currently I am waiting while a supervisor talks to someone on the phone.

I didn't figure it would be as easy as the lady said.
If the sets are on the shelf for sale, can't you just cancel the preorder and buy it off the shelf (thus saving the shipping cost)?

I guess this is my confusion: does this bolded part mean 'give for free' or 'allow me to purchase'?
she told me I can print out my confirmation email of the preorder and take it into the store and show it to them and they will give me my item.

EDIT: Or does it mean 'allow me to purchase for the BOGO Free price that was running when I placed the preorder'?

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 10:53:18 AM »
Ok. That ordeal was done. And I meant that that they would fulfill the preorder at the store. Not that I get a free item.

Here is what happened.

The set is unavailable in the warehouse. They do not know when it will ship for preorders because it is currently on backstock. It is not listed in the online order inventory list. Same situation as zecora.

Your credit card does not get charged till it ships. But because it has been so long, the hold placed on your credit card has likely been removed. I paid by PayPal and this is what happened. There was no notification of it happening.

So you have not paid for the items that you preordered by this point. If you cancel it you don't have to wait for money to be refunded because it isn't gone.

If the item is in a store near you, but it and cancel your preorder because they don't know when they will be able to mail the items out anyway. I aske her
For a date and she said she had no way of knowing.

I am so super upset at toys r us right now. Add me to the list of people who will never order online from them again.

keikokukien

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 11:06:45 AM »
I'm upset as well. I reordered the favorites collection when it FIRST went up for Preorder before the BOGO was even available. Still no notification and no email. Tonight my grandmother is going christmas decoration shopping and I'm going with her. The only Toys R Us around is an hour or more away and very very limited everytime I make the trek. :/ And Bronley was so kind to Preorder zecora when the site didn't work...now I'm worried that too will be avoided by TRU. T_T

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 01:04:49 PM »
Oh my god how horrible! The TRU here is usually lovely (good stock and very kind staff), but I am staying far away from any and all TRU "preorders". I'm absolutely disgusted by this behavior. I don't even understand why they would do this. They get paid for preorders too, why completely blow them off?!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 01:19:05 PM »
i'm a little annoyed myself i preordered it (well i had soemone preoder it for me)  to my knoldege we havn't gotten a  email.. yet. but ths is just ugh.. i doubt i will ever prorder form them agian.. i ive nowher near a TRU. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal